Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

paulsf

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by paulsf

  1. I have no problems when in Thailand. I don't live there permently, but spend months at a time. If you were going to move there and be lonely, why would you move there or stay there. Thailand may not be my home country, but I live pretty much the same life there as I do at my home in the US.
  2. Does it really matter where you live. I lived in San Francisco and had up and down times. We all have different personalitys. Some people need to be surrounded by lots of people and lots of people are happy with a good book and into bed at 9pm. I don't think we can define loneliness for each other.
  3. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Pattaya
    This all reminds me of my trip to Hanoi last March with my Vietnamese friend. We had an all day private tour. As we were dropped off at our hotel at the end of the day, I reached for my wallet to tip the tour guide. My friend grabbed my hand to stop me. He quietly yelled in my ear, No Tip. I said it was fine, we had a great day. He said. "This is Vietnam, no tip. In Thailand ok to tip, in Vietnam, no tip.
  4. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Right now it appears only Fresh Boys and Xsize are allowing non Thais. Hopefully the others are just waiting to see if anything happens when tea money is due.
  5. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I have a couple of Thai friends from Bangkok that stay there all the time and really like it.
  6. paulsf replied to TotallyOz's topic in Politics
    I'm sure he is sleeping quite comfortably at night. He has a boy on either side of him.
  7. Just as an aside...some of the posters here are familiar with the hotels in Rio. This week with the Olympics in town, the Atlantico Hotel is getting $550.00 per night. That used to cover a week.
  8. I have a couple of friends that go to Brazil once or twice a year., I keep inviting them to come to Bangkok with me. I have room in my condo for them, so not a cost issue. But they both don't want to spend 24 hours on a plane. Rio is 8 hours and bad enough. Even for me as I get older, the trip is getting more difficult.
  9. I'm one that has done a lot of trips to both countries. I agree there are many more sex spots in Thailand. I'm not into the big Tawan type boys in the Rio Saunas, but I never had any problems finding a good time. What I really don't like about Brazil, is the saunas are pretty much wrapped up around 9pm. In Bangkok I'm just going out at 9. I can hang around Soi Twilight till 2 or 3am.
  10. In my many trips to Rio, I never had any problems with crime. Buts it's there and you just need to be very aware of your surroundings I lived in Oakland for many years. As bad a crime rate as any in the US. I would rarely go out after dark. But it made me aware of how to handle myself in Rio. Cost of boys is about the same in Thailand and Brazil. But everything else much more expensive in Brazil. A long weekend in Brazil costs me as much as 10 days in Bangkok. I love Rio, but have BF in Bangkok which keeps me in Thailand.
  11. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    How can you even post that last line with a straight face. He begged you to come in? Seriously. Did he get down on his knees? Did he have tears in his eyes? It broke your heart? Did you go to church and repent your evil ways ? You didnt buy a drink. Know wonder you felt broken hearted, you must have felt like you deprived him of being able to feed his family. You've been scammed and cheated every time you've walked out your door in Thailand. So this one was ok, that poor guy will get over it. So pull yourself together and get ready for that scam waiting for you tomorrow.
  12. Unfortunately senior rates have been part of my life for a few years now. But there are advantages. Boys ask how old I am. I tell them and they say you look so much younger . I say no, I am old. Then they take over. I'll carry that, watch your step, hold my hand. Aww, they are so caring. Then when we get home for the fun stuff, they want to make sure my last days on earth are filled with lots of fun bed time.
  13. Marriott has some of the best Senior rates out there. On average 10-15% savings. In Asia I've seen discounts closed to 50% .
  14. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Yawn........
  15. It would be, but it's a long walk to Boyztown each nights
  16. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Looks like you get scammed so often you believe everything is a scam.
  17. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    Please don't......
  18. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I feel cheated. I keep coming to Thailand, for months at a time. I have never been robbed or cheated or scammed. What am I doing wrong. Other than a couple of taxi drivers that don't want to use the meter, I don't have any stories to tell.
  19. Effective Nov 1 the Pattaya Marriott will be rebranded Avani. It was a great place to use my points. Stayed there many times. Will be missed.
  20. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    If you go into a bar or meet MB on an ap, there is an expectation of a financial deal. There is no way you can call offing a boy a scam. If your not strong enough to say no, that's not a scam.
  21. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    In my many years in the bars in Bangkok, I've never been cheated. What is it you've had problems with?
  22. paulsf replied to a post in a topic in Gay Thailand
    I've never had any issues with scams, other than the taxi driver that doesn't want to use a meter. I don't look at that as a scam. More of a way of life in Thailand. Most of the scams mentioned seem more of an issue of just not being aware of what's going on around you.
  23. Want to see hate? Read your post and look in the mirror.
  24. I don't think anybody is really saying the Tarntawan is bad. I have stayed there many times. I think their staff is 5 star. But...their prices keep trickling up, with nothing in return, other than location. The Courtyard has same and sometimes lower prices, but with pool, gym, full buffet breakfast, executive lounge. (Free booze) Bright and colorful modern rooms. Tarntawan just needs a little colorful paint. Raya is modern, better location, but no pool,or gym. I have a condo now, so not really an issue for me anymore. But Bangkok has been going thru a big modernization over the last several years, but the Tarntawan hasn't.
  25. paulsf replied to TotallyOz's topic in Politics
    But where Oz is its already tomorrow. He should give them to you in his time zone.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.