Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do invasive texts discourage you from campaign donations?

Featured Replies

  • Active Members

In past years, I've sent money to political campaigns, but I've been getting more political spam texts. I click on "Block and Report Spam" time and time again, but the spam keeps coming. Although I feel strongly about the coming election, I haven't given any money, as I'm afraid it will encourage even more spam. Even if I don't leave my phone number, the Democrats clearly know my phone number, and I'm afraid of receiving more spam than I'm already getting. How about you? Have any of you stopped political donations for fear of getting more spam? I've never once donated money in response to texts, so I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why campaigns feel it's smart to spam me, when all I do is click "Block and Report Spam"...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.