TMax

Heritage hotel?

Just wondering if anyone here has stayed at the The Heritage Silom Hotel

on Soi Narathivas, just next to BTS Chong Nonsi? Been looking for an alternative just in case the new management at Tarntawan make too many changes, this one looks okay on the net, smallish rooms but looks like some pretty atractive rates compared with Tarntawan (looking on Agoda).

Yes, Moana Hotels stop their management role on Sept 30th and there will also be a name change, I'm hoping Lukas stays on as he is good there

Guest partyboy

I have stayed at this Heritage hotel (Soi 3, Narathiwas Road, Silom) several times since it first opened. It is bright, clean and modern and has a nice swimming pool on the 9th floor. In recent years the proportional of Asians staying there has increased compared to Westerners and the complimentary breakfast reflects that though it is still good. I am planning to stay there on my next visit later this year.

Guest ryanasia

Yes, Moana Hotels stop their management role on Sept 30th and there will also be a name change, I'm hoping Lukas stays on as he is good there

Surprised they are changing the name, it is a well known gay brand in a gay area. 

if they will change name most likely Tarntawan will fall off gay radar, the same way Om Yim did

If it goes bad I may have to look at something like the Raya Surawong, being close to the gay bars etc it could become quite popular for those looking for something above basic accommodation

Guest ryanasia

if they will change name most likely Tarntawan will fall off gay radar, the same way Om Yim did

Did this end up working out well for the Om Yim? I heard it is a backpacker hostel or something now? I don't really care but defecting from an established brand with a loyal clientele seems to be a risky move. If they want to try make it mixed it is done for the gay travelers. I am trying to think of what they could do with the place but they really can't make it much more of a higher end place as far as I am concerned. No pool, no expansive gardens, old building that has limited potential for upgrading. 

I guess I am not certain who they are trying to cater to? What differentiates them from a million other average hotels in the area of they alienate their gay customers? Let's face it, none of us stayed there because it was ever the nicest place in the area. Seems they had a really nice niche of loyal customers and they are putting that in jeopardy. just the rumors of the forthcoming changes have many people considering alternatives. Nobody has jumped ship yet but they are heading towards the life rafts.

I wish them the best whatever direction they decide to go. 

That's true , Tarntawan was  / is / famous gay place and always marketed itself as first hotel in BKK to rise gay flag. Squandering it will be just a music for other places in area and yes , Raya comes to mind first as it comparable yet new.

Om Yim is now backpacker place called Na Nara or something like that. I hope they fixed  their maintenance problems as it was really nice place to stay and I  slept there almost every trip for 2-3 nights

Guest ryanasia

That's true , Tarntawan was  / is / famous gay place and always marketed itself as first hotel in BKK to rise gay flag. Squandering it will be just a music for other places in area and yes , Raya comes to mind first as it comparable yet new.

Om Yim is now backpacker place called Na Nara or something like that. I hope they fixed  their maintenance problems as it was really nice place to stay and I  slept there almost every trip for 2-3 nights

That's what I wonder about. Once they become anything other than a gay hotel does anybody really care if they are doing good business? 

Those that have booked should have received or will shortly receive an email from the hotel management explaining a bit about what is happening. Value Hotels are taking over the operation of the Tarntawan from Moana and the so called name change is to The Tarntawan Hotel Surawong Bangkok. I haven't seen anything on the number of staff that were given their marching orders nor why yet

missing verb? was that supposed to be "is going to get..."?

bkkguy

Not necessarily. "head somewhere" means "go somewhere"

http://www.idiomeanings.com/head-somewhere/

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/211786/head-to-somewhere-vs-come-vs-go

Or do you mean "vinapu is going to get head there?" as a variant of "give head"? That would be a different story.

Not necessarily. "head somewhere" means "go somewhere"

http://www.idiomeanings.com/head-somewhere/

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/211786/head-to-somewhere-vs-come-vs-go

Or do you mean "vinapu is going to get head there?" as a variant of "give head"?

I'm flexible , I can head to the mentioned hotel in order to get and give a head and after that,  exhausted to place my head on a pillow and have a rest