Nikom

Robinson Dept Store

It has been closed for years I wonder if the one at Asoke is still open? I used to enjoy a late night walk from Suriwongse to Robinson, midway at the PanPacific hotel now Crown Plaza was an array of working guys(rough trade).

Off topic but reading 'Robinson Store' brought back some happy memories of gay cruising in the Robinson Centre Mall in Ermita, Manila in 1990's always lots of eager sexy guys looking to make a few pesos. I haven't been to the Philippines since 2002 so I dont know if it's still good there.

Didn't that place appear in the film about Filipino go-go boys, "Midnight Dancers"?

I miss the cute guys in the mens' clothing dept. in the Silom Robinsons.

There was a Top's market in the basement and at closing time many cute guys would be on the street just outside.

Off topic but reading 'Robinson Store' brought back some happy memories of gay cruising in the Robinson Centre Mall in Ermita, Manila in 1990's always lots of eager sexy guys looking to make a few pesos. I haven't been to the Philippines since 2002 so I dont know if it's still good there.

Robinsons Ermita has gone upscale, you can still get hookups, but as a local i consider these guys as rough trade.

Have been to Robinson in Makati and the scene was the same as you discribed.

I think you meant Robinsons Ortigas, I don't think they have one in Makati.

--

I always enjoyed sitting at Robinson/ McDonalds and watching the street scene.  Many a cute guy walked by there.

And sometimes some freelance guys staying in McD as well.--

And later in the evening the guys sitting in McDonalds would knock on the window as you walked by to try to get your attention!

Guest ronnie4you

Ii remember the Dairy Queen. I remember the street boys right outside- often rather young. And when there was a night market there, assuming it has been removed, I remember a guy working at his family's booth catching my eye. Next thing I know he is walking next to me. I asked him where he was going, and he said he was going where I was going. And he was right. My first, and only, to my knowledge, Sikh sex worker. I later walked him back to the stall and he slipped back in as if nothing had happened, and the family did not raise an eyebrow. He showed me his kirpan, but he wore no turban.

Guest Promsak

Ii remember the Dairy Queen. I remember the street boys right outside-

Yes Dairy Queen was on the ground floor, later to become McDonalds then maybe Starbucks and most recently a popup shop.

Now, the whole building is encased in a rather attractive tarpaulin with no sign of any activity behind.