TotallyOz

Best Pod Coffee System in Thailand for Office

I have a friend that works in a large office. He loves my Nespresso Machine.  But, the pods are a bit expensive.  Their office is going to buy them a nice coffee machine and he asked if Nespresso would be the best choice. What do you think?  Or, there other options?  Easy to get pods? What do you use?

for Thai tastes the Nescafe Dolce Gusto capsule system (coffee is not always black or in a red cup) offers (to my taste cloyingly) sweeter and mostly milk based beverages compared to the Nespresso system (coffee is always espresso but bring your own Aeroccino) but now that Nespresso has an "official" presence in Thailand capsule prices have dropped considerably and the Nespresso Thailand and Nespresso-Thailand (50 shades of grey) web sites both have for example Arpeggio and Ristretto capsules at 20 Baht with free next day delivery on typical office-sized orders

Nespresso (and possibly Nescafe) also offer some commercial grade systems for office and hotel use but I am not sure of their availability or support in Thailand

illy, Segafredo and a few others also have capsule systems available in Thailand but not necessarily with the level of support Nescafe and Nespresso offer - have a wander through Central Chidlom one day!

but coffee is not always in a capsule, and there are many fine fully automatic machines (sometimes even with (semi-)reasonable automatic milk frothers) suitable for an office environment that allow the use of significantly cheaper but good quality local coffee beans from DoiTung or the royal projects in northern Thailand

but whatever you do stop them getting a machine and a lifetime commitment to Boncafe coffee - they may be the "'best-value-for-money'" coffee supplier in Thailand but i would rather drink klong water!

bkkguy

coffee is not always in a capsule, and there are many fine fully automatic machines (sometimes even with (semi-)reasonable automatic milk frothers) suitable for an office environment

There lies the answer. Get a machine that takes real coffee in the form of beans or ground coffee.

Guest abang1961

The funny thing is that the hardware is very affordable but the expendables are not.

The machine costs a little over SGD150 but the pods are extremely expensive.

To solve the issue, I fill the standard Pyrex glass coffee/tea pot with cold water and place bags of coffee powder (less cleaning to do than powdered coffee) into the pot.  Then I microwave it for about 5 minutes.  The aroma of coffee is as strong, if not stronge, than dipping coffee.

1305655441687.jpg

Guest Hutchison

The funny thing is that the hardware is very affordable but the expendables are not.

The machine costs a little over SGD150 but the pods are extremely expensive.

It's the same principle as buying a printer.