reader

Bangkok street food tops

Bangkok was named the city with the best street food in the world by CNN for the second year running. CNN noted that it’s nearly impossible to stay away from our city’s street cuisine since vendors sit on almost every block in the city.

After Bangkok, CNN rated Tokyo, Honolulu, Durban, New Orleans, Istanbul, Hong Kong, Paris, Mexico City, Cairo, Marrakesh, Cartagena (Colombia) , Portland (Oregon, U.S.), Dakar (Senegal), Bali, Mumbai, Ho Chi Minh City, Miami, Rome, Rio de Janero, Sydney, and Beijing, respectively.

http://coconuts.co/bangkok/food-drink/cnn-calls-bangkoks-street-food-best-world/

Guest abang1961

I must be the Number 1 cheapo in this forum. I justified this as I have not (yet) paid for any Thai boys and survive on inexpensive meals from the street hawkers and tiny food shops in my recent trips. That pizza was an exception..I don't get to see a younger Italian everyday..So based on the quality of the food and me, feasting on the shy chef, it is worth every cent...

I like eating..Obviously now I've a rounder face... Thais has unashamedly be blamed for it....I ate chicken rice from a stall in front of Family Mart in BoyzTown twice during my recent trip.

My verdict is... Aroi mak mak and mai paeng..Very delicious and cheap... Not forgetting my loyalty to ka moo..Stewed pig trotters..

post-13467-0-39889200-1489939871_thumb.jpg

post-13467-0-90745900-1489939957_thumb.jpg

From German DW network

Customers in Singapore can now get Michelin-starred meals for less than four US dollars. The prestigious food guide has awarded one star each to two street food hawkers in Singapore - the first in the guide's history.

Video link below

http://www.dw.com/en/michelin-starred-meals-for-less-than-four-us-dollars/av-19421904

Guest abang1961

Yes it's the famous 了凡 chicken noodle stall at the Chinatown complex. The queue is long and I had waited for more than 1 hour for that coveted taste. Well worth the wait and Sin $4..

From Coconuts

The government has directed all street food vendors to halt sales on a popular section of Upper Sukhumvit.

By April 17, stalls in Ekkamai, Thong Lor and Phra Khanong will be forced to shut down, despite the fact that Bangkok was recently named, for the second year in the row, the city for the greatest street food in the world by CNN.

One vendor in Thong Lor told BK Magazine that a City Hall police officer handed him an announcement advising him about the forced closure and made him pose for a photo with the paper.

The order, which apparently comes straight from the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), will affect Soi Thong Lor, Soi Ekkamai, and Soi Pridi Banomyong (aka Sukhumvit Soi 71, the main street in Phra Khanong).

http://coconuts.co/bangkok/food-drink/first-soi-38-closed-soon-therell-no-street-food-thong-lor-ekkamai-phra-khanong-either/