ukladd23

August in Bangkok

I just left Bangkok last Friday, gong I was told it would be hot (temperature wise), it was.  I was told it would be rainly, it was but only once day and for a short while.  There was plenty of "fun" to be had.  

I have been to Thailand 25+ times, but only once during the rainy season. That year when I went to Babylon, three very hot men there jumped at me, two gorgeous smooth twinks and one handsome muscle guy. I know absolutely they wouldn't have even glanced at me in January. I had some the hottest free sex ever that rainy season, and I was already 63 years old! I would think that in the money boy scene, fewer farang mean more available boys, possibly at a lower price. If my schedule allowed, I would go to Thailand during rainy season in a heartbeat.

I normally go to Thailand 4 times year ( but not this year). I've experienced the country in December /January, April /May, July /August and September /October. Plus other months in between over the years.

In April Thailand is very hot, as you would expect. But I must say I've never experienced a lot of rain, even during the rainy season. If it does rain, it's usually only for a short time, not all day long,

I've only ever been caught in a flood once. It was in the days of Krazy Dragon. When I went to leave and head back to the hotel at the end of the night, the soi was flooded. I walked through water up to my knees and after arriving at the Ambiance Hotel I had a very, very long shower. Much of the water I waded through came from the toilets in the houses and shops. Yuk!

So don't always believe the weather forecasts. I think any time is a good time to visit. There are always pros and cons.

Rainy means-read that guidebook, or even TA, it has been said so many times; in general it rains around 1hr late afternoon, with a giant tropical downpour-which refreshes anything. The longer the season lasts, the more floodings will arise. What is more nasty is the general climate: very humid. hence why many prefer the cool dry high season.

Even though many say its low season-its not as such in some places (general touristy) as so many Europeans have holiday at that time and grab the chance to fly to TH-hence high-season flight pirces.

In my seven trips to Thailand most were off-season. 

Twice in April, with torrential water fall... during the 3 days of Songkran, haha.  No lack of action on Songkran!

I have been to Thailand 25+ times, but only once during the rainy season. That year when I went to Babylon, three very hot men there jumped at me, two gorgeous smooth twinks and one handsome muscle guy. I know absolutely they wouldn't have even glanced at me in January. I had some the hottest free sex ever that rainy season, and I was already 63 years old! I would think that in the money boy scene, fewer farang mean more available boys, possibly at a lower price. If my schedule allowed, I would go to Thailand during rainy season in a heartbeat.

When I stayed at Babylon in August and September I missed their regular foam parties, but I had great free sex there and at other saunas, already in the beginning of my 70s. (at this age, success with young gays gives a boost to self-esteem that last for at least one subsequent year) :)

I know nothing about the go go bars, I still have to acquire experience there, and I'm confident I will find what I like in any season.

70 and still pumping away huh? Good man :-)

Let's hope we can all be doing the same....

Thank you, and you all can!

Bodies don't like to change, and if you come into old age with a well-kept body, it is easy to keep it like that.

In old age there are fewer reasons to smoke, drink, stay up all night.  We have more time to exercise, and if we recognize that our strength fluctuates from one day to another we won't blame a bad day on "getting too old" and quit.  Physical functionality declines very, very slowly with age. It helps when we don't blame things on aging.

Three years ago I was referred to an urologist because of rising PSA and slower urination, and I was given the scare of potential cancer, potential aggressive cancer metastasizing and what not.  I'm so fortunate that I refused a prostate biopsy and instead started taking the herbs that help an enlarged prostate, and so everything kept working and slowly returned to normal.  I think I could still make many babies if I had the slightest interest.

Another helpful attitude is a zero shame of trying to look younger.  To color the hairs of the head, pull out white hairs elsewhere, use facial products and botox to eliminate wrinkles,  some minor cosmetic procedures, all these actions are fair game at old age and they help to keep from spoiling grandchildren by leaving them too much money.

Peace of mind, cultivation of happiness, avoidance of stress, optimism.... etc. etc.,  every little bit helps.   :)

Guest samebb

Low season doesn't mean less fun, not at all. 
There are a few less boys in some of the gogo bars, but nothing really different. X-Size the other day was down to about 20 boys from their high - season's 30-40. 

There are fewer tourists around this time of year, sure. There are many boys who will go cheaper because they need the money. The boys who go cheaper will likely not be the gogo boys though. They will be the freelancers or bar boys at least from my experience and conversations with others. 

Just carry an umbrella and have a good time!

Just carry an umbrella and have a good time!

Good advice!   These mini umbrellas are good travel companions.  Easy to carry, fit in sauna lockers, and they also give a good feeling of having something to hit someone on the head if necessary. (never happened in my experience)

I've just arrived home after three weeks in Thailand- Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya.  Hardly a cloud in the sky until last Thursday when Pattaya experienced a shower at 1800.

There are advantages to going in the low season; good hotel prices, sometimes even plane fares, more or less the same  number of Thai guys looking for friends and less competition from younger falangs, no queues at my boyfriend's favourite restaurants in Central....and yes, as has already been noted, much better chances of fun at saunas. Babylon and Sansuk were both good places to be.

The only time in twenty years that my holiday has been badly affected was four years ago when a September trip to Krabi resulted in too much time stuck in a hotel room on Aonang Beach owing to three days of almost continuous rain. Pattaya would have had more to offer for those days.

Guest samebb

Good advice!   These mini umbrellas are good travel companions.  Easy to carry, fit in sauna lockers, and they also give a good feeling of having something to hit someone on the head if necessary. (never happened in my experience)

I had one of those mini ones. Sadly, when it really wants to rain heavily in Bangkok they are quick simply not up to the task and buckle under the power of the Bangkok rain. 

I ended up going into Footland on Patpong mid storm when my small umbrella had buckled. Luckily they sold slightly bigger, but portable umbrellas for 160b. Well, I had to buy 2 as I was with "The Lion", as mentioned in Numazu'a trip report thread.

This one has lasted a good while, even after leaving it in Maxis one night and getting wet. They kindly returned in to me on my next visit.