vinapu

Newbies advice- bar etiquette and more

Not to forget ... you did bring your tablet. So I assume u have internet access to check your messages.

I'm not technophobe , just don't like to spent all my vacation time glued to screens. Yes, on vacations  I do check my messages twice daily as well as  visit this forum , if only to keep in touch with members visiting at the same time.

Always fun bar hopping and sightseeing with other members

NOTE -- Chose this thread to post following item because I believe that it serves as a good example of why it's better to avoid confrontation and conflicts whether you are visitor or an ex-pat.  When confronted, particularly in public, with an escalating incident, take a deep breath, lower your voice and avoid causing the other party to lose "face". If you're a visitor, it's advisable to avoid driving. Transportation is generally inexpensive and there are usually alternative forms to get you to your destination. This began as minor road incident and rapidly escalated.

From The Nation / Thai Visa

7ce7f07cfc4d07662ede06338a05aee4-sld.jpe

The ‘Australian’ pensioner who was floored by a left hook in the parking lot of a Pattaya school on Wednesday after a road rage incident is really British national George Collins, 77, Thaivisa can reveal.

He clarified his background in an exclusive interview with Thaivisa on Friday morning before he attended another hearing at Pattaya police station at 10am.

He still maintains his innocence despite facing a charge of attempted murder calling the whole thing a "crazy business".

Sumeth Rungratanaphan, the gold shop owner who punched him, is being charged with assault and has apologized for his actions.

The Thai press reported Collins posted Bt200,000 bail.

Collins was knocked down in front of a cop, teachers, and students as he was in the parking lot at Aksorn Suksa School in Soi Korphai. He was picking up his nine-year-old daughter at 3pm on Wednesday.

But when police saw video footage from a dash cam of a car presented to them by the 28-year-old gold shop owner, they agreed there was a case to answer for the man now revealed as a British pensioner.

Sumeth said he intends to push the matter to the fullest extent of the law.

A still “dazed and confused" Collins told Thaivisa from his Pattaya home this morning:

“It's a crazy business," he said, "but this sort of thing happens in Thailand. I still intend to stay here for the rest of my life.

Continues with photos

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30329188