reader

Dehydration

When in Bangkok, I'm acutely aware of the need to stay hydrated. Some may accuse me of being a heretic, but I add ice to my draught beer when sitting at an outdoor cafe (got the idea from watching waiters drink beers purchased for them by customers).

But when I get home, I slacken off and consequently seem more prone to dehydration. Think this added to the jet lag I'm just getting over.

This was reinforced this morning while listening to American National Public Radio that featured a segment of how even a little dehydration can affect us.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/07/30/632480321/off-your-mental-game-you-could-be-mildly-dehydrated

Some may accuse me of being a heretic, but I add ice to my draught beer 

I now prefer my beer with added ice.

You both are big time heretics, what next? some ketchup or tabasco sauce and few drops of bleach?

Just kidding , drink what you want.

For personal use I developed theory that beer helps to keep one hydrated better than anything else / of course not diluted with melting ice /. At home I almost never drink beer , tea being my choice of drink,  but as soon as I'm on vacations somewhere warm I have that need to gulp bottle after bottle so it must be my body  which is directing me to to stay saturated  by beer drinking.