Terry4

Protecting your valuables

Interesting story on thaivisa about a “ ladyboy” who stole from a Farang.

Ironically the “ ladyboy” they refer to is actually a feminine guy not a “ ladyboy” who I also had the pleasure of services from, got him from one of the apps and was quite nice to me,he also works in a nearby massage shop,unfortunately in this particular case he turned out to be a thief allegedly.

On my last visit I had a guy ( not this guy in the story) steal from me however it was my fault partly as I had not secured the money.

I had taken off my shirt with the pocket full of cash and I guess the guy had spotted that so when i took off my shirt he knew where to look after and after finishing he pretended to sit near my shirt putting his shoes back on.

Some how I was distracted .

Wasnt a great deal of cash and rather than argue with him i let him keep it.

He was actually a “off” from a Go Go.

I learnt then to lock everything up,even my wallet on arrival usually when the guy is taking a shower .

I must say very very rarely have I had anything go missing over the years, maybe the occasional toothpaste or hotel soaps but not really much.

But i learnt no matter how nice the visting guy is temptation is always around .

I even remember a story on one of the forums years ago about a very sad farang who had trusted a guy for years and gave him everything only to one day catch him stealing from his personal apartment Safe.

This may sound a bit weird but one thing I do when i stay in a hotel is secure the Safe with sticky tape before i go out,that way I know if its been opened or not by cleaners or hotel staff.

I believe however if you wanted to ne more secure you can now buy Hotel Safe locking devices online .

There is one particular hotel in Boyztown where I had suspicions about cleaners,so now I sticky tape it up.

As for the story on Thaivisa Im very surprised that Police took it so seriously with even Senior Police involved.?

You’d be lucky in Western Countries to get a Cuntstable out the next day to take a report and then never hear from them again,here in Thailand they seem to take it very serious .

Who says the Cops dont care in Thailand???

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1062010-video-pattaya-police-chief-nabs-lady-boy-who-stole-125000-baht-from-aussie-pensioner/

On my last visit I had a guy ( not this guy in the story) steal from me however it was my fault partly as I had not secured the money.

no , theft is always thief's  fault, don't blame your self.

Sure we are creating opportunities but this is not an excuse , rather explanation only.

but no need to get paranoid, securing safe with sticky tape or Hotel Safe devices in Thailand is paranoia  and wasting resources. i'm not born yesterday and deal in cash only on vacation creating temptation from time to time and  still nothing ever missing including open safe with 10000 in  Le cafe Royal.

I'm very careful with taking sides of those theft stories as sometimes they turn out to be fakes - guy left his wallet in taxi and is blaming visiting whore for a loss or farang creating stink at Raya about theft from safe and few days later admitting  in one of forums that he found money in some forgotten corner of his luggage. I was actually witness of that commotion in Raya and mentioned it few times here already.

By the way, nice heavy storm at the moment in Bangkok  forcing me to stay stuck at Malaysia hotel , greeting from the old dame