Guest Tak615

Newbie to Bangkok

Hi,

I'm from Tokyo and visiting Bangkok in early December for work/short vacation. In need of some advice so I can make my first visit memorable:

1) I am so-called Twink looking bottom, average hight (170cm) but super skinny. Is there any good sauna for someone extremely skinny like myself can enjoy? I'm looking to have some fun with people around my age.

2) Since this will be my first visit to Thailand, I wanna be little bit adventurous. Thinking of trying a massage place. As I've seeing threads here, it looks like the "happy endings" are not necessarily all the way service. Is there any massage place I can go all the way with a masseur?

I will be staying around Silom, only visiting Bangkok.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,

hi, or kon-nichi-wah, Tak- JPNese ar western? That may make quite the difference.

@1. about any can/will do, but for this it does make the difference as above-some are known (though there is never any hard and fast rule for that anywhere in TH) to be ''sticky rice'' or maybe FFF (fear for farang). Timing is far more important as place. Longtime resident contributor christianpfc.blogspot.nl has several recent overviews of BKK-sauna's on his blog.

easy to reach would be 39 underground (Sapan kwai-BTS), best at weekends. Near Silom Saunamania. If you are Asian and like westerners- babylon (you may even get free entry)

@2.sure-a lot can accomodate you (mostly by str8 Thai/Khmer/.Burmese) all the way, in fact the more Thai places will even simply expect to supply that-without even mentioning it. IF you fancy the more sporty/athletic types; Arena, for upmarket/more pricey: Senso and Prince, favoured among JPNese; theNINE in a side soi of Sukhumvit (by appointment only).

One other of the frequent posters here has an overview of such places in BKK (bkkmassages-wordpress) or see listings on TGA=TravelGayAsia. All over town there are at least 40/50 of such places-many come and go, impossible to keep track.

BTW- Tak is both a town and province in mid-Thailand, halfway between BKK and ChiangMai, with a gateway overland into Burma/Myanmar.

Sauna
Babylon is the biggest sauna in Bangkok & you should visit.
Christian PFC has written about the other saunas on his forum.

Massage

I generally go for non-full service massages, so others could advise on this matter.

Assuming it's still open, Bonny massage is full service.  If you go to an all male place marketed at gays, your odds on full service must be way higher than the massage places with male & female staff.

If you want to be adventurous, remember you can probably find some pretty hot dates on Grindr & the other phone apps.  In Bangkok, only a minority of people on the apps will be money boys, so you can probably get all the fun you want for free at your age.

And since you're happy to go for a full service massage, it would also be equally adventurous to find a money boy on a phone app or in a gogo bar.  Just take them back to your hotel.

Thanks a lot everyone! Would be great if you have any reco's of any gay related places - I like to go clubbing and also just sit and drink at a nice bar too.

Club and bar recommendations are much appreciated! :)

Since you are conveniently staying in the Silom area, you have all the options for gay bars and clubs and saunas and massages right there. 

Bars:

Silom Soi 4 is your go-to place. Several bars, with both indoor and outdoor seating. outdoot is more fun of course to people watch coming and going. All gay. Usually many people start the evening there with some drinks, then continue on to party at DJ Station around 11pm to midnight

Clubbing:

Silom Soi 2, a short walk up from Soi 4. Soi 2 is not really a "soi" as such ("soi" meaning small street or alley), but more an opening between two buildings. There you have about 6 bars wich are more club like with dancing. The most famous and fun of them all is DJ Station in the back corner on the right. That's a proper dance club, always somewhat busy even on weekdays, packed on weekends. Should be very busy before the holiday, too. You pay an entrance fee as you enter the soi and get 2 drinks coupons good at any of the bars/clubs in the soi. 

Sauna Mania is closest to Silom, walking distance actually. You should be happy there, but as someone said timing can be important (and difficult to predict). One night guaranteed to be very busy is Friday nights (naked night). 

Now sure what your exact dates are, but if you want company for clubbing, maybe I'll go with you. I live in the area :-)

I'm from Tokyo and visiting Bangkok in early December for work/short vacation. In need of some advice so I can make my first visit memorable:

1) I am so-called Twink looking bottom, average hight (170cm) but super skinny. Is there any good sauna for someone extremely skinny like myself can enjoy?...

Sorry, forgot to mention. I'm 24 and Japanese!

Sounds like you are my type! Message me if you want to meet.

(Might be too late, but I'm reading this thread only now.)