TotallyOz

1-2 Call

In recent weeks it has been almost impossible to get or make calls with my One Two call sim card. I have often been cut off or had Network Failed errors. I have been reading on the net the troubles that the company has with the network. It finally got enough for me as I was unable to call my family back in France. So, I went to TutCom and got a DTAC sim. Not only does it work perfectly, the reception is much better than I ever had with the other company. I am now once again connected to the outside world via telephone and I am thrilled with my new DTAC card!

Guest shockdevil

In recent weeks it has been almost impossible to get or make calls with my One Two call sim card. I have often been cut off or had Network Failed errors. I have been reading on the net the troubles that the company has with the network. It finally got enough for me as I was unable to call my family back in France. So, I went to TutCom and got a DTAC sim. Not only does it work perfectly, the reception is much better than I ever had with the other company. I am now once again connected to the outside world via telephone and I am thrilled with my new DTAC card!

GayThailand. Is it true that I can bring an unlocked GSM phone and buy a SIM Card in Thailand for use? Is that the better way to go for telecommunications while staying in Thailand? It appear that you are quite satisfied with your DTAC card.

GayThailand. Is it true that I can bring an unlocked GSM phone and buy a SIM Card in Thailand for use? Is that the better way to go for telecommunications while staying in Thailand? It appear that you are quite satisfied with your DTAC card.

I have T-Mobile in America and take my GSM phone (unlocked) with me to LOS. If I recall is costs about 800 baht for a new number with a 300 baht card (good for 30 days) included. You can reload minutes easily at any cell phone shop or 7-11 store. I read about the problems One-Two was having. I would think DTAC should be just fine in Pattaya, although Thais may prefer One-Two because the coverage is supposed superior in rural areas.

Guest catawampuscat

There are many hours of the days when one can not get a connection with 1-2 Call and it is

very frustrating if you really need to let someone know you can't meet them or will be late or

someone is trying to reach you with an emergency or something important..

My issue with changing to D-Tac, is I would have to get a new tel. # and I have had my number

so long and it would be a headache to have a new number but if it keeps up , I may just switch..

Of course, if enough switch, then D-Tec will have problems, so what to do, what to do.......

Guest travelerjim

FYI...When arriving into Bangkok International airport...BKK...

when you leave customs and enter the lane to meeting areas,,,

look for the TRUE staffed shop...there are FREE sim cards for your mobile phones.

Located in large fruit sized bowls on the counter...help yourself.

Go to any 7-11 and buy time for the sim card.

No need to pay 49 baht or any amount charged by vendors...it is FREE.

Using the 006 instructions in the TRUE folder containing the sim card...

one can call USA for 1 baht per minute..as well as many other countries at low rates.

tj

Guest SpermAholic

WOW I never heard of these free sim cards from True. I am with Tru on a post-paid plan and find them to be the best service but surely if you use one of these free sims then ad credit you wouldn't get a very good deal would you?

I just Googled "True free sim cards" and came up with nothing.

I'm using AIS 3G 2100 and everything had been fine here (Central Bangkok) today for me. I've experienced outages sometimes, but they were very short (a few minutes max) and usually limited to 3G, i.e. voice and SMS still worked.

Haven't had any issues using 1-2-call up here in the boonies (Chiangmai) but I never use it to call outside of Thailand.

I use the same phone (unlocked Galaxy III which I bought in the states) here with the AIS sim card and back in the states with an AT&T sim card.  I have no clue what would happen if I tried to use the AIS sim card in the states or vice versa as I've never done that.

Guest anonone

FYI...When arriving into Bangkok International airport...BKK...

when you leave customs and enter the lane to meeting areas,,,

look for the TRUE staffed shop...there are FREE sim cards for your mobile phones.

Located in large fruit sized bowls on the counter...help yourself.

Go to any 7-11 and buy time for the sim card.

No need to pay 49 baht or any amount charged by vendors...it is FREE.

Using the 006 instructions in the TRUE folder containing the sim card...

one can call USA for 1 baht per minute..as well as many other countries at low rates.

tj

This is correct, but with a caution.

If you are going to keep the card for an extended period of time then the free one might not be the best for you.

I am not certain of all the differences, but I think validity period when adding credit can vary greatly depending on the type of SIM card...even with the same carrier.

Thanks guys.

I ended up at Central, where I purchased the Samsung mobile a few weeks ago. They opened it up and played

with the micro SIM card and got it working again. The problem had nothing to do with 1-2 Call. I think when they cut

down the SIM card to micro size, it needed some attention to make the proper connection.