reader

Nightlife shutdown after Covid-19 outbreak

From Vietnam.net

Bars, club, and cinemas have been suspended in Hanoi, Thua Thien-Hue and Dak Lak provinces for virus prevention after Danang outbreak.

Ngo Van Quy, vice chairman of Hanoi People's Committee, said the risk in Hanoi was still low. The city authorities are searching for people that have made contact with the two new patients who returned from Danang. In the meantime, Hanoi authorities will suspend religious, cultural and sports events with large crowds. Online meetings are encouraged.

Hanoi Chairman Nguyen Duc Chung also asked to suspend bars and fairs from July 29.

The people's committees in Thua Thien-Hue and Dak Lak provinces issued an urgent document about Covid-19 prevention and control as Hue City is adjacent to Danang while a new case has been detected in Dak Lak.

Phan Ngoc Tho, chairman of Thua Thien-Hue Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control, asked everyone to maintain prevention rules such as wearing face masks and washing hands regularly. Starting from July 30, bars, clubs, cinemas, massage parlours will be suspended. Crowded events will also be suspended until new notice. The provincial authorities also asked the public to scale down the scope of their weddings or funerals.

Besides special cases, all people who go to Thua Thien-Hue from outbreak areas must be quarantined. Communal authorities and police must review the people who come from outbreak areas after July 10. 

I’m getting close to writing year 2020 off. Indeed all foreign travel from U.K. seems impossible and not worth the potential hassle. My long term plan at the start of the year was 3 weeks in Thailand in January/February. The same in July/August and maybe a longer trip in November. I’m thankful I got the first one in providing me with a number of happy experiences. The lockdown started very soon after my return home.