30 Day Extension

I got a 30 day extension to my 60 day tourist visa at the Jomtien Immigration Office.  That's 30 extra days, from the expiry date, not the date of application.

Such mundane things are rarely discussed here, but if anyone wants to make up for deprivation in 2020 with a longer stay on the next trip, here are details:

Process

1  Collect forms.  As they were closing for lunch, I went off and filled in the application form in a coffee shop (black coffee, no sugar).  I ignored the other form for my landlord to confirm where I live.

2  Return to office some time after 13:00.  I was given a queue no for the accommodation registration part, in the office to the left.  They just entered my passport number into the computer, checked registration from my hotel on line and completed a slip.  (So the second form is not needed). 

3 I photocopy the form, passport details, the slip and attach a passport photo, which was taken in a nearby shop. 50 baht for photo and 20 baht for copies. 

4Then get another queue slip.   When my number is up, I hand all this over, get a digital photo taken, shuffle along to the next desk to pay 1900 baht.

5 A few minutes later, I collect the passport from the next desk at about 14:00   That was about 20 minutes after getting the second queue slip. 

Arriving after 14:00 to start the process would have been better, due to fewer people.

Note, I have read rumours of a covid test being needed for extensions after 25th Jan. Whether true or not, I decided to get the extension done before that date.

The highlight of the visit was seeing a perfect young lad in some nice tight shorts, with his latest farang in there. His Hornet profile name is W******.  He never replies to me on Hornet and I'm not offended, as over the last 4 years, I've only ever seen him with farang in the 20-35 age range.  Which I am narrowly outside (by a decade or two)

For comparison, in  2020, I had a 30 day extension to my 30 day visa exemption.  That was done at the immigration office in the Blueport Shopping Centre Hua Hin. These people get very good reviews.  There you just leave the passport, slope off for a coffee at a shop in sight of the queue screen, then pop back just in time for a short chat,  payment of 1900 and getting the stamp. Again 30 days added onto the expiry date.

As far as I know, we're confined to Chonburi.   However, the province had one reported case yesterday and none today.  Therefore I'll start monitoring things more closely, in case we get some relaxation of the rules by the end of the month.