TotallyOz

New Clubber Hotel

Guest wowpow

http://www.don-plaza-pattaya.com/dpen/deluxe.php

There are some very nice graphic design aspects of their website.

My initial reaction, to the site, is that it seems a bit pricey for the Sunee area or indeed the Pattaya area. Prices are similar to Ambiance, Cafe Royal and Poseidon and yet the photos of the rooms (why do they call then suites when they are rooms?) and very much the wetrooms (do the washbasins have hot water?) do not seem to be of comparable quality.

I would also worry about finding the place without a map.

Still it's nice to have another level of accommodation available to visitors who prefer the Sunnee location. Good luck!

IPB Image

IPB Image

The DeLuxe Suite at 1450 baht a day

I would also worry about finding the place without a map.

I'm not sure why you would think it would be difficult to find it without a map when it is located right in the middle of Sunee Plaza. It seems to me it would be one of the easiest places to find, with or without a map, even if one has never been to Thailand.

Also, in my experience if a hotel 'room' in Thailand has a sofa, now it's a 'suite.'

Has it taken off and are they getting some clients to fill up the place? From what I saw on the website, they did a great job of remodeling the place but is it paying off yet?

I have heard that in high season Clubber are expecting the hotel to be filled with German navy guys.

Well maye not but expect plenty of German semen :wacko:

Guest pepperami

I am staying at Don Plaza at the moment - and like it very much. I have already extended the length of my initial reservation - and am thinking about doing so again.

The only places I can compare it to in Pattaya are Flamingo and Ambiance. Flamingo had such nice staff - but the rooms were too dark and I think kinda grotty looking. I don't think you can compare prices with the Ambiance. Yes, you can get a room in Ambiance for the same price as a room in Don Plaza - but for the same price it will be much smaller. You have to pay a lot for nice room in Ambiance - I think only the suite room has a king size bed? A few guys I have brought back from the Boyz Town area - who were intially weary about coming to Sunnee - were pleasantly surprised when they came back to my room.

The staff have been very nice - having never been to Sunee before, they offered advice about carrying passports, tipping rates etc. and even offering to show me the way to the beach for my first time. I hope Don Plaza does well, because I am sure I will stay there on my next visit to Pattaya.

I am staying at Don Plaza at the moment - and like it very much.

Glad to know you are enjoying your stay there. I have sent a friend to Thailand next month and he will stay there as well. I'll look forward to his report there. I told him to stay at PJ's in Chiang Mai but really did not have great suggestions for him in Bangkok. Thanks for the info on the Don.