Lucky

The August Challenge

• Members

The greatest hits would likely be those with the most views. Yet some of those were threads bitching about another internet site, and we don't want to go there again and again.

My thinking is that if we have a group of people such as we appear to have who are committed to a month of intense posting, with the purpose to start and keep conversations going, why bring up stuff that has already been worn out? What new ideas would we add to those old threads?

New material brings new interest, and hopefully new participants, so I'd recommend a cautious approach to giving people more of the same.

Guest lurkerspeaks

Just a reminder to those taking Lucky's August Challenge--remember, it is a combination of starting new posts, but also commenting/replying on other people's posts...I know that I, for one, am an attention whore in regards that I like to see how many comments/responses my posts can generate.. Nothing is more disheartening to me and those like me to come up with what we think is an interesting, thought provoking and fun topic, only to see it gather a hundred views but not one reply..

• Members

We must have been separated at birth!

Most of my posts are there because I had fun writing them. They made me laugh anyway when I put them up. It's always a pleasure when somebody else enjoys them too, but often there's just crickets.

And that makes me think. Do folks enjoy them, and just don't take the time to comment? Or am I the only one that thinks they're fun? I don't really know the answer. I don't want to ask people to start slapping their knees and pounding their keyboards to tell me something is funny if it's just a big snooze. It seems that would only encourage me to keep posting drivel that nobody enjoys reading. And I don't think that would be good for the Forum in the long run.

smiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gif

So, I think I'm going to continue just posting stuff that I enjoy putting together, comments be damned. It may not generate the numbers that some are looking for but, in my opinion, it stands a better chance of bringing folks back for more. At least it stands a better chance of bringing me back for more.

Am I missing the point here?

• Members

We must have been separated at birth!

Most of my posts are there because I had fun writing them. They made me laugh anyway when I put them up. It's always a pleasure when somebody else enjoys them too, but often there's just crickets.

And that makes me think. Do folks enjoy them, and just don't take the time to comment? Or am I the only one that thinks they're fun? I don't really know the answer. I don't want to ask people to start slapping their knees and pounding their keyboards to tell me something is funny if it's just a big snooze. It seems that would only encourage me to keep posting drivel that nobody enjoys reading. And I don't think that would be good for the Forum in the long run.

smiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gifsmiles_2.gif

So, I think I'm going to continue just posting stuff that I enjoy putting together, comments be damned. It may not generate the numbers that some are looking for but, in my opinion, it stands a better chance of bringing folks back for more. At least it stands a better chance of bringing me back for more.

Am I missing the point here?

lookin,

I enjoy your posts. I believe I mentioned elsewhere your uncanny capacity to deliver interesting graphics to supplement a topic or your viewpoint. Then there is the viewpoint as well -- often slighty off-axis for the thread flow, not twisted :lol: or off topic just a bit of different slant on the issue. Keep em up. ^_^

• Members

So, as the hours tick away to the glorious moment when our team challenge begins, let me say this:

Bleep … bleep bleep bleep … Message Center… bleep … bleep … bleeeeeeeeep … successful message center – bleep bleep bleepbleepbleep!”

And, finally: We can do it!

• Members

CockHard.jpg

(Why can I still not insert an image even though I am using the insert image box with a jpg)

Is this what you're looking for? (I think you may have an extra 'http://' in there you rascal! ^_^ )

CockHard.jpg

Hope you don't mind that I'm getting a head start on my August posts, as the month itself has some busy days. :rolleyes:

• Members

Off into August, indeed. Since several guys jumped the gun, our August Challenge has gotten off to a good start. The real deal will be sticking with it.

Remember to respond to the posts your fellow posters put up, unless what they have to say leaves you speechless!

Guest FourAces

I think we are off to a solid start on Lucky's August Challenge. If you know of others who might enjoy contributing here please reach out to them. The more the merrier ^_^

• Members

Well, there are a few others who told me that they would take a look at this, and I await their presence, but yes, there is definitely more posting going on, and interesting posts at that. So, the honey is on the table...

• Members

We're a week into August now, and where there is some definite uptick in posting, it seems to be loosing some of its enthusiasm. We need some regulars to post more (Townie?) and also to encourage new guys. We had a new member named Monsoon come on this week, and also glutes and CharliePS joined us. Why not try to get some of your friends to sign up here?

PS- Oz or TY, do the stats bear out an increase in posting this past week?

• Members
there is some definite uptick in posting, it seems to be loosing some of its enthusiasm.

Things are slow on the other site too. Probably one of those periodic lulls on both sides.

Humor?

Guest FourAces

Lucky without seeing the exact stats I can say there have been quite a few more posts since you presented the challenge. Prior this forum could go a day sometimes two without a single new post or thread.

Keep in mind summer is a slow time for the Internet. People are spending more time outside and traveling. The Internet generally picks up right after the Labor Day holiday till Memorial Day holiday.

But I do agree if others know of friends that are looking for a quality message center with basically no interference from the site owners then ask them to join in.

Here is hoping Monsoon CharliePS glutes Southern Comfort and the other newer arrivals will continue to share their experiences, fun and knowledge with us ...

Speaking of old timers for a minute... a shout out to BoN you can participate on both message centers. It would be awesome to see your wit and detective work here as well :P

I can't find a way in the Admin to get exact stats for one week only. I am still working on it.

However, most defiantly the count is up the last week. IMHO a great success so far! Thank you guys for all the hard work!