Guest Daddy

I'm laughing at the inferior intellects

Wherever you go, there you shall always be. You can never hide from ones self, only pretend that where you now are, might change your very being and soul.

Ahhh, to be older as apposed to younger. Age brings one wisdom, whereas youth only brings you difficult lessons sometimes learned, if you're really lucky.

Some people have said some nasty and untrue things here.

So be it. Until it remains no more.

There can only be one true legacy website.

• Members

Welcome to the forum, Daddy. It's just been a few days since we renamed the Pub as Lucky's Place and already you have seen fit to sign up.

Your new membership here comes at a time when we are running The August Challenge. As part of that challenge, we are attempting to set a course where this message center thrives upon the contributions of its members, and does not rely on warfare or complaining about other websites. So far we have done exceedingly well.

So, welcome as you are, we do ask that you honor the spirit of the August Challenge and not attempt to spark controversy over other websites. The management of those sites is free to conduct such discussions on their own space if they see fit.

Now, join in the fun, be a positive contributor here, and perhaps even make some new friends.

Guest twinklover

"Some people have said some nasty and untrue things here.

There can only be one true legacy website."

I was a late-comer to the Hooboy site. I was around just long enough to learn of Hooboy's death and Daddy's eventual takeover. If "those in the know" would be so kind to tell the whole story, I'm all ears. What did Hooboy create? Who would he have wanted his site (the "legacy") to go to if he had foreseen his premature death? What happened to Foxy? Who is Daddy? How was he able to effectively "take over" the Hooboy site? Is this the same "Daddy" who posted the comment here?

So, welcome as you are, we do ask that you honor the spirit of the August Challenge and not attempt to spark controversy over other websites. The management of those sites is free to conduct such discussions on their own space if they see fit.

We? Are we moderating here now? Moderating is not only unbecoming of you Lucky, it's something you do quite poorly.

I'll certainly accept your welcome, however, you can keep your moderator's badge in your pocket with me or use it with someone else. ^_^

• Members

We? Are we moderating here now? Moderating is not only unbecoming of you Lucky, it's something you do quite poorly.

I'll certainly accept your welcome, however, you can keep your moderator's badge in your pocket with me or use it with someone else. ^_^

Keep those posts coming, Daddy! I speak in the collective we, that of a community of guys who have come together to post on subjects of interest to them, and in a spirit of camaraderie and friendship. It's the same spirit that prevails in your message center, where one can use the word "we" to refer to the collective group, and even feel comfortable speaking for that group on appropriate occasions. "We" are gay men of similar interests who are happy to share our thoughts on the different boards available to us.

Guest restless

I took it to mean the collective "we." This is the only place I've checked out that seems like a true community, and I'm happy to second Lucky's emotion in his welcome.

• Members

Wherever you go, there you shall always be. You can never hide from ones self, only pretend that where you now are, might change your very being and soul.

Ahhh, to be older as apposed to younger. Age brings one wisdom, whereas youth only brings you difficult lessons sometimes learned, if you're really lucky.

Why am I reminded of Cartoon Guy from The Simpsons?

• Members

Hmm, some folks are assuming this is really 'Daddy'. I'm wondering if I smell a rat...

Alan

Not a bad surmise, alanalt. The headline alone does not seem to be something that Daddy at the other site would start out with. The other giveaway is that this daddy says I was a poor moderator, yet the real Daddy thought I was a great moderator and tried hard to keep me on the job.

Guest twinklover

Is this the same "Daddy" who posted the comment here?

That is the question I continue to have. If it's not really "Daddy" from the other site, no one needs to get their panties in a knot. But if it is that "Daddy", I have one more historical question. Exactly what created the tension/time-out between Lucky and Daddy/Deej at the other site? I realize Lucky may not wish to go into it, but I'm very curious, along with the real story about Daddy's takeover.

Guest Matrix

yet the real Daddy thought I was a great moderator and tried hard to keep me on the job.

That's an interesting perspective you have Lucky. The only thing that makes it difficult to understand is his banning of you from his site for a good deal of time.

Perhaps, maybe, your reality and daddy's reality on this are far, far apart.

Just sayin.

• Members

Someone should tell Daddy Legacy infers something that is passed down and earned not STOLEN. Legacy I am afraid not!!!!!

UPDATE: I have it on very good authority that the new Daddy posting here is not the Daddy from the other site. I believe these sources.

You may be right. That would not surprise me at all.

There are 4 possibilities.

1. This was a post from Daddy. He had a momentary lapse in judgment and made the post. Shit happens. I have made posts that I regret the next morning.

2. This is someone that is very close to Daddy and wanted to protect his reputation. The post here did not do that and the poster did not realize the full impact of his post.

3. This is someone who posted with Daddy's knowledge and permission.

4. This was a post by someone that does not have anything to do with Daddy, his site, his business or any relation whatsoever.

I am not sure which of the above 4 scenarios to believe. I do think that it might be someone that had good intentions to protect someone they care about. I understand this. And, like the poster "Daddy" said, with age comes wisdom. Perhaps I would have done the same thing 25 years ago to protect someone I care about or a business I have an interest in maintaining or profiting from in some way.

I learned a long time ago: You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

• Members

UPDATE: I have it on very good authority that the new Daddy posting here is not the Daddy from the other site. I believe these sources.

I have to admit the first post knocked me right out of my booties. Someone is looking to stir up a flamewar.

----

OZ, TY, any way you guys could be persuaded to reveal this guy's true posting name? Not ID his actual identity, just let us know which poster thought this would be entertaining?

• Members

You may be right. That would not surprise me at all.

There are 4 possibilities.

1. This was a post from Daddy. He had a momentary lapse in judgment and made the post. Shit happens. I have made posts that I regret the next morning.

2. This is someone that is very close to Daddy and wanted to protect his reputation. The post here did not do that and the poster did not realize the full impact of his post.

3. This is someone who posted with Daddy's knowledge and permission.

4. This was a post by someone that does not have anything to do with Daddy, his site, his business or any relation whatsoever.

I am not sure which of the above 4 scenarios to believe. I do think that it might be someone that had good intentions to protect someone they care about. I understand this. And, like the poster "Daddy" said, with age comes wisdom. Perhaps I would have done the same thing 25 years ago to protect someone I care about or a business I have an interest in maintaining or profiting from in some way.

I learned a long time ago: You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Oz, I have no trouble going for door number 4. I think that is the best approach to take. Someone had some fun, now it's over, let's move on.

OZ, TY, any way you guys could be persuaded to reveal this guy's true posting name? Not ID his actual identity, just let us know which poster thought this would be entertaining?

We have a strong privacy statement. We value the privacy of others. We have no way to identify the person in question other than e-mail or IP. We will not be doing that with this poster or any other poster. It goes totally against what we believe in and what our statements are on this website.

But if the information you have defeats any of the four suppositions you made in your above post, it would seem that you would then have to withdraw one or more of them. The IP address alone could settle the question.

I gave the four possibilities as options. They are all open choices. I can tell you that the original post did NOT come from me. I have a cute Thai BF who will vouch for me being asleep when the post was made. Other than that, there is not much more I can or would say about the IP in question. I am sorry, but I that is an area I feel very uncomfortable with.

Like you said, I think it best to move on. Should Daddy decide to post here again with clarifications, that is his right and prerogative. He is most welcome to do so until a time when we are confident that the poster "Daddy" is here only to cause trouble. If that were the case, we would have banned him already. That determination has not been made.