Guest FourAces

Today Is Go

Guest FourAces

Well today I begin ... thanks to you guys for all the awesome suggestions in my other thread. In the past I would say that I'm starting diet number 898,099,116 but instead I decided to just call it the start of some major lifestyle changes for me ^_^

My immediate goal is to lose 60 pounds by the end of the year. Considering my size this should be very realistic. Then my next goal is to lose 60 more by my birthday that is in mid-April. Again I feel that is a realistic target as well.

I know I health wise I am pushing the odds ... and playing poker all these years has taught me a lot about odds. So its truly time for me to get serious if I wanna hang around for a while .. and I do.

I am going to do this with you. My goal is 100 pounds but not by the end of the year. I hope to try to loose 3 pounds per week so it will take me about 34 weeks, give or take.

I started today with a program to calculate my calories and my exercise. I'll be posting that later tonight or tomorrow.

So, Here we go!

• Members

Congrats to you both! 113.gif

I know this sounds like a broken record, but I hope you won't push yourself too hard or too fast. (Unlike when you're reaching orgasm, of course, when the opposite advice would be given. rolleyes.gif )

It's just my experience, but depriving myself of everything I liked all at once, made me long for the day when I could stop dieting. And, when that day came, I ended up celebrating with what I missed most: food, primarily the fattening kind. And then the weight came back on a lot faster than it came off.

Sounds like you're both taking it in manageable steps, and won't make the mistake I did.

Anyway, thanks for including us in your journey and, if you find any tricks that work well for you, I hope you'll share. smile.gif

Guest FourAces

I am going to do this with you. My goal is 100 pounds but not by the end of the year. I hope to try to loose 3 pounds per week so it will take me about 34 weeks, give or take.

I started today with a program to calculate my calories and my exercise. I'll be posting that later tonight or tomorrow.

So, Here we go!

OZ that's awesome! I will be getting weighed once a week. I'm following more of a South Beach style program right now. I like the balance ... I don''t feel as if I am really missing anything. Plus I can have larger portions :P

I'm gonna update my progress here and maybe post some highs and lows well hopefully not too many lows. Starting tomorrow I begin a short walk each night. I need to start moving again :o

Guest FourAces

Congrats to you both! 113.gif

I know this sounds like a broken record, but I hope you won't push yourself too hard or too fast. (Unlike when you're reaching orgasm, of course, when the opposite advice would be given. rolleyes.gif )

It's just my experience, but depriving myself of everything I liked all at once, made me long for the day when I could stop dieting. And, when that day came, I ended up celebrating with what I missed most: food, primarily the fattening kind. And then the weight came back on a lot faster than it came off.

Sounds like you're both taking it in manageable steps, and won't make the mistake I did.

Anyway, thanks for including us in your journey and, if you find any tricks that work well for you, I hope you'll share. smile.gif

Thanks Lookin 113.gif <-- stolen from Lookin :o

btw I like your emoticon we need a thumbs up one in the forum list.

• Members

FA and OZ, I am right with you on trying to lose weight and change my eating habits. I have been on a program for a little over 10 weeks now and am currently on a week long diet break at maintenance levels. My first goal is 70 pounds and I am over half way there. I have a secondary goal however I would be happy just to be under 200 and stay there for the rest of my life. The good thing about diets, if you stick out the first couple of weeks and start to see real results you will tend to keep going. Just don't give up too early. I still have my cocktail before dinner, decided it just wasn't worth giving everything up and helps me to not see this as a diet, just a change. Best of luck.

Guest zipperzone

I still have my cocktail before dinner, decided it just wasn't worth giving everything up and helps me to not see this as a diet, just a change. Best of luck.

Depending on your cocktail of choice, it probably does no harm and in fact goes a long way to making you feel human. Just so long as you skip the mix such as coke, ginger ale etc. My preference would be an icy cold martini. Are olives fattening?

Guest FourAces

Kind of a rocky start for me. But I am trying to keep on track. I am still eating almost each meal out but making much better choices and shying away from things like fries. I did cook a few meals and while I enjoyed them it seemed like a lot of work for just me :( But at this point anyway I am not giving up and keep moving forward.

• Members

Are you sure you failed?

Just looked at the date of your original post, and it's only been a month. You may have just been going down that thirty-pounds-in-thirty-days road that so often leads us back to where we started.

Your earlier post inspired me to try to shed a few pounds before my annual physical in May. I decided a little more exercise every day would be my 'permanent' change. Didn't make it every day, but averaged about five days a week, which seems to have convinced my metabolism that I was serious. So I'm down about three pounds in thirty days. I figure I'll put some weight on over the holidays, but it should come off as quickly as it went on.

Anyway, longwinded way of saying that if you learned one new thing, or just stopped gaining, that could easily qualify as a success and postion you for the next one.

In any event, many thanks for starting the discussion. ^_^

• Members

Aces, dude, you are not alone here. I, too, am inspired to lose some pounds from this thread. I didn't say so for fear of failure, but I am going to lose some weight, a minimum of ten pounds, I promise.

Today I weighed 237, an all-time high. My goal is 212...so 25 pounds lost would be so cool. Keep going, I need you guys to keep me going.

• Members

Lucky, just keep it up and don't let any minor setback stop your overall progress. I am now fitting into clothes that I haven't even seen in over 5 years. I am down about 45 pounds and have 25 more to go to make my first goal. Just keep at it and do if for yourself and no one else. You have to want it yourself to make any diet work. I can't believe how much better I feel and what I thought were bad knees turns out to be fat ass syndrome. I can now go up and down stairs without holding the hand rail. Just keep going, it will come off.

Guest NeedSome

Just general encouragement: Keep it guys you are doing great. Put a picture of a hot guy or your young thin self on the refrigerator. Or on your daily walk go by some place where all the hot guys hang out. Buy an expensive pair of pants that are one size too small. Don't let yourself have sex until you lost ten pounds. All of the above. Great motivation. And remember - nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.

Guest FourAces

Well I began again. This time I threw away all the diets and am using common sense. Which basically means less food, low fat food, healthier food i.e. chicken, lean meats, fruits for snacks instead of pie, salads and as little sugar as possible. Maybe this will work especially through the holidays.

Also good luck to all who are trying to take off some weight whether it be a few pounds or a lot like me.

And thanks for the kind words guys.