Guest GaySacGuy

Visa requirments for Cambodia and Laos

Guest GaySacGuy

I am planning some travel to Laos and Cambodia, and would like to know what the Visa requirements are for those carrying a United States Passport, and for those carrying a Thailand Passport. I have read several things, but the facts from someone that knows or has been there is better!! Thanks in advance!

In both cases, you can get a visa-on-arrival at the airport (Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, Vientiane and Luang Prabang) and at the Friendship Bridge entering Laos from Nong Khai at the Mekong River.

I have always been found of Laos and the boys there. I do wonder why it has not became more popular for travel. For those who have visited the area, I have been told over and over again that it was the New Pattaya. Anyone see this? Get that feeling? I even heard a few bar owners a few years back talk about one area there as a great opportunity.

I have always been found of Laos and the boys there.

How about being more specific? What cities did you visit? Where did you find the boys, on the streets, at venues, at cruise locations? If so, where are these located? Did you encounter any difficulties taking them to your room? What are the going rates for Laotian boys in Laos?

" ... and the boys there. ... I have been told over and over again that it was the New Pattaya ... "

Let's hope not.

There's something about a western sex tourist drooling lasciviously over even the remotest possibility that another Asian country might be opening up as " ... the New Pattaya ... " which ~ besides boggling the mind ~ makes one feel awfully dirty.

" ... I even heard a few bar owners a few years back talk about one area there as a great opportunity ... "

And if that comes to pass I have no doubt you'll be pushing 'lil old Thai ladies out of the way to grab the earliest visa just after sun up.

Cheers ...

Let's hope not.

Let's hope so. I see nothing wrong with Pattaya having some competition. I also see nothing wrong with "drooling lasciviously about another Asian country opening up as ... the New Pattaya." Maybe it makes you "feel dirty." It doesn't make me feel dirty. As long as it's legal, what's wrong with people traveling to different destinations for sex purposes if that's what they wish to do? I don't think very many gay "farang" come to Pattaya for the waters.

Guest buaseng
As long as it's legal,

If it's for money in Thailand it is ILLEGAL (whatever the age or sex).

Anyone know if this equally applies in Laos and Cambodia ?

Guest pete1969

Tsk. Tsk. I've also heard tell of Hua Hin being an up and coming spot for future gay tourists to LOS. Let's just hope there is a good gay beach vendor in the next couple of years to take care of all of Hua Hin's new gay sex tourists. ;)

One of the reasons I have not yet been to Pattaya is that my perception is that it is really little less than a bordello-by-the-sea, and I at least want to pretend that I am in Thailand for something other than sex (and in reality, I am). So, I do get some of Smiles drift in his comments.

However, I don't think that any gay man needs to apologise because he likes to have sex when he travels or because he seeks out travel destinations based in part on the availibility of hot men with whom he can have sex. It is okay for us queers, old or young, to be sexual creatures and to enjoy sex. As for me, I'd be much more inclined to visit a part of Laos where I knew the nightlife and sexual chemistry was there for me as a gay man than a part of the country without those things.

f*** it all, I am a proud and sex positive gay man. Give me sights when I travel, but let there be nightlife, hot men, great shopping, and a nice hotel with room service while I am there too!

Pete

Well, that's quite obvious. You were, after all, at one time "in the business" (so to speak).

At least that's a different form of attack. With you, usually it's keeping score of how many posts I write. If you want to feel dirty, go right ahead. I don't, whether I was "in the business" or not and despite your attempt to insult me. While I realize that you are the prime example of perfect morality, I make no apologies for having sexual desires and make no apologies for a desire to seek out the places where fulfilling those desires is readily available. If that makes me dirty or immoral, then I'm dirty and immoral. . . and I plan to be for whatever is left of my life.

Let's hope not.

There's something about a western sex tourist drooling lasciviously over even the remotest possibility that another Asian country might be opening up as " ... the New Pattaya ... " which ~ besides boggling the mind ~ makes one feel awfully dirty.

Very much agreed! After my second trip to Pattaya and realizing that it just wasn't my interest, I thought that I probably would not return to Thailand. Then I discovered Northern Thailand and it was a whole new ballgame for me. I agree with others who praise that region and, with my new friends from there, I'm looking forward to exploring further afield.

The thought of anyone interested in promoting a "New Pattaya" is sad, indeed. One is enough!