ihpguy

Suck Alley Yesterday

• Members

I had to go into the city yesterday. I dropped my cell phone into a bucket of water yesterday. Needed a new one on top of other stuff. There is an incredible building on the Rua do Carmo that they are doing a total, gut rehab on. Some beautiful tiles, seemingly-great restoration. At one corner is what I like to call "Suck Alley", The Beco Dos Cancelas, I walked both ways down it yesterday. Interesting as to how my moral/directional compass directs me? In any event it was much too early. "they only come out at night." But I'm sorry/proud to say that I have experienced dirty knees in that very narrow passageway. One block west from the old post office on the Rua Primeiro de Marco. If you go and meet someone, better than a motel and if they are worth more than just a quick suck, on the weekend, take a taxi to the non-rent Sauna Catete on Rua Correa Dutra. Safer than going to a motel with a total stranger. Even if you have already had a sample/taste of their Brasilian sausage.

• Members

ihpguy, methinks there is a suck alley in many towns, but I like your terminology!

In my old hometown of Chicago, I thought Daley had obliterated everything. It seems like only yesterday that I can remember him tearing out the bushes in Lincoln Park. Kind of like the runway at Miegs. Didn't ask my opinion. I spent many an early morning sunrise in my formative years cruising all manner of flora and fauna.

• Members

At night, after midnight, is the time to be there. Nothing goes on in the daytime. During daylight, Marina da Gloria near Santos Dumont would be much better. Also, this past week, the Guarda Municipal - the unarmed guys dressed in khaki and brown, totally slammed down and hint of possible action on the Praca Floriano. But the Cine Rex is just one street over and only 10Reais entry.

• Members

That's all part of the excitement of the chase, search, hunt. Some might find it too easy parking one's bunda/butt on a vinyl-covered banquet at 117, Meio Mundo or Pointe 202.

I'd be petrified to be there at night! I want to see who is worshipping my very manhood! ^_^

• Members

I also have to admit that on the next block over on the small pracinha to the side of the Fundacao Getulio Vargas at 2 in the afternoon, I did pick someone up while killing time before Meio Mundo opened. He was leaning on the side of a bike rack. Wanting a bit of a non-caloric dessert to finish off lunch. I suppose I was a "tasty(?)and sweet(?), hopefully not too stale import. I was trying to decide between the Miles Davis exhibit at BBCC and a modern installation at Casa Franca-Brasil. I chose a different type of Brasilian art installation at the Motel Amazonas. Oh well. Money saved on entry, boy and balcao at MM.