Guest LoeplohandNalac

smiles !!

By chopping off each one of the Hydra's nine heads, of course. The more heads, the more smiles. :)

On the left of the typing window, you should have all the " Smiles " available. Just click on it and you will see it when you submit your post.

Make sure in the "Post Options" that the Emoticons are Enabled. It is just above the file attachements.

Let's get it straight . . . . "Smiles" is a Message Board handle (i.e. mine!).

L&N (or "N&L" ~ whatever the case may be) are talking about "S M I L I E S " (with an extra "i").

The former is a legitimate (and common) message board pseudonym.

The latter is a software/messageboard emotion-expressing image construct totally devoid of human potentialities.

FYI ... L&N (nee, N&L) are also a construct (and therefore inhuman) of the GayThailand Member Known As Hedda. The L&N (N&L) construct is commonaly referred to in uneducated circles as a "Hydra Head".

Just to set the record straight ... & cheers ...

Guest Hedda

"FYI ... L&N (nee, N&L) are also a construct (and therefore inhuman) of the GayThailand Member Known As Hedda. The L&N (N&L) construct is commonaly referred to in uneducated circles as a "Hydra Head".

Unless I'm reading that post incorrectly, Smiles' obsession with Hedda has pushed him over the edge again, so that now he's accusing Hedda of hydra posting as L&N.

For the record, I have never posted as L&N (Loeploh & Nalac) N&L, or any variety of other names associated with those posters on any board at any time, including this Gaythailand board.

Smiles seems to assume that because he compulsively posts under a variety of names on Sawatdee Forum to create an illusion of posting traffic, and encouraged or tolerated that practice by others as founder, moderator and/or mentor of Sawatdee, that all posters must do the same thing. He is wrong.

I am prepared to make a donation of 50,000 Baht to the Camilla Center in Rayong, if Smiles provides any evidence that proves that Hedda has ever made a single post as L&N, here, or on any other board.

Failing such evidence, I assume that Smiles is prepared to make a 50,000 Baht donation to the Camilla Center, along with a retraction of his erroneous statement and an apology to L&N, that dynamic duo, wherever they are.

I am prepared to make a donation of 50,000 Baht to the Camilla Center in Rayong, if Smiles provides any evidence that proves that Hedda has ever made a single post as L&N, here, or on any other board.

Failing such evidence, I assume that Smiles is prepared to make a 50,000 Baht donation to the Camilla Center, along with a retraction of his erroneous statement and an apology to L&N, that dynamic duo, wherever they are.

That seems to be a generolus challenge for a worthy cause. Looks like Hedda is willing to put his money where his posting are. Any takers?

Guest mauRICE

While I agree that Hedda's response was a classy one, I urge everyone not to rise to the bait in yet another attempt to create trouble in a perfectly functional and civil forum. I think we are slowly coming into our own here with informed opinion pieces on Thai current affairs and gay life, 'nuts and bolts' posts on everyday life in LOS as well as Gay Thailand's endearing stories on how to live life big and bold without being preachy or self-righteous. Even our resident Mrs Malaprop, Ear Wig, has his coherent moments. We've proven that we can be witty, amusing and occasionally, clever, on our own identities.

Do not feed the troll.

Smiles seems to assume that because he compulsively posts under a variety of names on Sawatdee Forum to create an illusion of posting traffic, and encouraged or tolerated that practice by others as founder, moderator and/or mentor of Sawatdee, that all posters must do the same thing. He is wrong.

And I am prepared to make a donation of 100,000 Baht to the Camilla Centre if Hedda can substantiate his often repeated theory about Similes the Hydra poster. We have been listening to this theory quoted as fact for a long time, with lots of assertions by Hedda, that he will prove all from his "secret files" amassed with great diligence, but proof provided? Not a shred.

Guest Hedda

May I suggest, Khaolakguy, that you'd have a lot more credibility if you came out of your Sawatdee closet and started posting by a name that we veterans of the Hydra wars would all recognize. The hard-on you have for me has obviously been getting bigger for a lot longer than you care to admit.

Surely you realize that when you say things like "we have ben listening to this theory ...for a long time", you make us wonder just who you really are. Perhaps if you stopped hiding your posting geneology, we might take you more seriously.

Frankly, I don't much care how many Hydra names Smiles has to generate these days to keep Sawatdee from dying on the vine. But when Smiles chose to open that old wound, by accusing me of posting as L&N, he should have been prepared to make good on the claim.Your attempts to divert attention from that blunder are curious, at best.

Since you have obviously been posting around the boards for longer than you care to admit or acknowldege, you know as well as I that Smiles and Jinks destroyed an entire Forum at Sawatdee to cover their hydra tracks and posting sins. People who burn books or entire forums invariably do so because they have something to fear from the truth.

Burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice, shame on me. You may be happy to play in those burnt ashes, dear. I left.

A considered and evenhanded response to Hedda's continuing Hydra fantasies, from Peter UK, as posted on SWF.

"I always thought Hedda was a much better political analyst than literary critic and this latest rant proves it. I presume that when he says one poster uses 60 names and controls 80 percent of the board he doesn't really believe such twaddle himself and just does it to needle. What a filing system Smiles would need if it were true and he certainly wouldn't have time for a boring old paid job. But the literary argument is the most compelling evidence against such claims. Each of us, when we write, do so in our own unique way, using favourite words, favourite ways of phrasing things and so on, much of this at a subconscious level. It can be hard, even for a professional writer, to disguise his normal 'voice' convincingly - some stylistic quirk or other will usually give him away. For one person to have done it on the scale mentioned above - well, it's laughable. The only poster I'm aware of at SF who really seems to make a career out of multiple handles is the Australian midget and he is too dim to begin to disguise his normal style (or even to use the occasional upper-case first letter in his handles). Smiles actually has a very distinctive writing style. I consider myself to have a good ear for such things and no other poster at SF has ever put me remotely in mind of him. I've never known Hedda to produce a shred of proof for his claims; it's all just the malice of the once-favoured one in exile. I'm pleased to see that bao-bao, the latest poster to be fingered by Hedda (for no more than the crime of agreeing with something Smiles wrote!), is able to take it all in such good part; I'm not sure that I would be able to. I don't think that Smiles has helped his own cause by continually responding to Hedda's jibes - a dignified silence would have been much better. But I have no doubt in my mind as to who the real villain of the piece is. The famed intelligence and wit mean nothing to me by themselves. Recently Hedda saw much irony in the fact that Bush should defend the right to life of unborn innocents at home while pursuing a Middle East policy which takes innocent life. I also see a certain irony in a commentator who advocates high ethical standards in the political domain while showing a complete lack of them in his personal dealings with others."

Guest Hedda

I find the posting here, of self-serving comments apparently made about me on Sawatdee Forum, both presumptuous and inappropriate. Deadly boring too, for most people who couldn't care less.

If you want to wallpaper SF board with your endless obsession with Hedda, posted as Khaolaguy or your latest "nom du jour", go for it, dear, if that makes you feel better.

But using someone's else's board, in this case, Gaythailand, to dump your trash or air your dirty linen, is poor taste, even if you don't have the common sense or decency to see that.

All of the "hydra" talk from day one has been repetitive, boring, and paranoid in my opinion. And, Hedda, I absolutely agree with you that it's inappropriate to post that garbage here or elsewhere. However, isn't your complaint about it (given your extensive history with the topic including a little regurgitation about Smiles in this very thread) just a wee bit hypocritical?

I neither agree with or disagree with Peter's commentary but it's hardly "self serving."

Perhaps we should all re-visit the second Labour of Hercules when he slew the great Hydra - and just

hope the damn beast stays dead and buried.

Guest Hedda

"Hedda...isn't your complaint about it (given your extensive history with the topic including a little regurgitation about Smiles in this very thread) just a wee bit hypocritical?"

Sorry, Bob, but I have never used this Gaythailand board to initiate that kind of commentary. So where's the wee bit of hypocrisy ?

If you are suggesting that I'm not supposed to respond here, when the Hydra Queen drops by to dump his trash and accuse me of hydra-posting as L&N, I'm afraid I don't have enough cheeks left to turn that trick. Maybe that's why they give us a keyboard to go with the monitor.

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

OK, I must admit, I do not know this "Hedda" poster. What I do know however, (from reading only two of her posts - this one and the response to my message on the gay pattayan thread) is that she seems to be a bit too much preoccupied with this "hydra" thing. I assume by speaking of hydras, we are talking about different handles on different boards. Hedda darling, you've now moaned and groaned on two messages (probably more too) that everyone should be using their "real names" and not be "hiding" behind their handles. Are you joking? Really? With all the lunatics that post on these boards do you really think we'd be stupid enough to actually use our real names? Do you? If so, what is your last name, your telephone number and your address? Whilst your at it, I would also love to have access to your passport number, credit card numbers and mother's maiden name.

Thanks,

The Rose

Sorry, Bob, but I have never used this Gaythailand board to initiate that kind of commentary. So where's the wee bit of hypocrisy ?

It is certainly hypocritical to complain of others abuse of the hospitality on this board, when a significant number of Hedda's posts on Sawatdee Forum, and previously on Pattayagay, were abusing and questioning the integrity of the moderators of those forums.

Guest Hedda

Rose, dear, no one has ever suggested using real names anywhere, but I suspect you already knew that, didn't you ? How anyone could have followed what you call my "moans and groans on two message boards" and not know that basic fact, strains credibility.

Why do I get the feeling that both Kaolakguy and A Rose by Any Other Name have indeed used many another names before showing up here with their new handles.

Be careful, dears, the new moderator, Gaybutton, has a reputation for using that can of RAID at the first sign of an infestation.

This will be my last comment in this thread or on this board regarding the operations of Sawatdee Forum. I apologise to the folks running this site for any presumtion I took in responding to Smiles' accusations made here.

As I indicated above, I consider it bad taste to use this board as a battleground or dumping spot for other board's trash. I trust that Smiles and company now recognize that fact.

Needless to say, my pregogatives and choice of topics at Hedda's Hopper remain mine alone.

I assume by speaking of hydras, we are talking about different handles on different boards.

The 'hydra' issue has been going on for well over a year now. I think you might be misinterpreting Hedda's intent. I doubt that Hedda wants or expects people to post under their actual names. I believe what he is trying to say is that people ought to choose a handle and stick with that handle whenever they post on the gay Thailand message boards.

The hydra issue, as I believe Hedda sees it, occurs when the same person posts using multiple handles and then tries to pass off those posts as if they are coming from several individuals. If people do that, then it simply is not honest. It would be a simple matter, for example, to post something negative about a venue and then come back under different handles and post responses agreeing with the original post, as if it were several people, not just one. People with a grudge are likely to do just that.

Whether anybody is truly a hydra poster or not, it would be very difficult, perhaps impossible, to prove. Hedda has been challenged to submit proof. Other than the fact that some people have admitted to doing hydra posting, he might as well be asked to prove that shots really were fired from the Grassy Knoll. I don't see how it is possible to prove it, especially in a manner that would be generally accepted.

I believe that there is a set of individuals who indulge in hydra posting. Sometimes it is obvious. However, the best I can do would be to say that I believe it is true. I have no way to prove it. The closest I can come would be to tell you that when I was running a message board, there were several instances in which different handles and names were registered with the same E-mail address and/or the same IP address. I cannot come any closer to proving it than that. Does that constitute proof? I don't think so, but to my mind it makes it far more likely than unlikely.

I think I also need to point out that some people are under the impression that as a moderator here I have personal control over what is posted here and have the ability to modify posts, delete posts, and ban users. I have no such personal control. I can edit my own posts and that's all I can do. If I see a need for anything else I have to contact the administrators and present my case. The administrators then make their own decisions as to whether or not to follow my recommendations. They have all of that sort of control. I have none.

Guest Geezer

I wondered how long it would take this board to deteriorate. Now we have the answer.

What a shame.

(This does not refer to the previous post.)

Whether anybody is truly a hydra poster or not would be very difficult, perhaps impossible, to prove. Hedda has been challenged to submit proof. Other than the fact that some people have admitted to doing hydra posting, he might as well be asked to prove that shots really were fired from the Grassy Knoll. I don't see how it is possible to prove it, especially in a manner that would be generally accepted.

But in the first instance Hedda challenged Smiles to prove that Hedda was a mutliple name user. Proof of which, as Gaybutton acknowledges above, is impossible to obtain, particularly as the second personality quoted, L& N, is posting here, where not even the moderators, as acknowledged again by Gaybutton, are without any control or knowledge. Hedda added moral leverage, or moral hypocrisy, to her impossible "challenge" by her mention of charitable donations, knowing that that these things are impossible to prove.

The characteristic of Hedda's posts exemplified. Without morals, cohesion or respect for others. I think one poster once characterised her posts as being like those of a matador with a bloodlust. She has to be the winner, and as such her behaviour is the antithesis of Thai cultural and social behaviour, which perhaps explains why she will always be an embittered outsider in Thailand.

Okay, enough already.....let's just drop the subject.

As to "Rose" comments that only lunatics would post with their real names, I totally disagree. If we used our real names and didn't hide behind the anomimity (if I spelled that right!) of the net, perhaps more people would behave like adults.

But, given I've always used my first name on all of the relevant boards, perhaps I'm half an idiot. :blink:

Guest catawampuscat

Some guys just never can stop beating a dead horse and unforunately this ancient and most boring topic and the Hedda bashing were started by someone who should know better and one can only assume his hatred of Hedda and Hedda's revealations of the "hydra heads" is an obsession and should be treated by a shrink as soon as possible... Nice of him to bring out the trolls or maybe just his own

hydra headed side-kicks to prop up his side of this endless feud... :o