TotallyOz

No MegaMillions Winner: New Jackpot at 476 Million Dollars

Sympathies. Looks like it will have to be PayLess for one more season.

At least one has the consolation there that a trailer trash momma will, very occasionally, have a Tadzio in tow from whom one must keep averting one's gaze.

Just do not, on any account, follow him into the hobby shop.

• Members

Did anybody win? EXPAT, Lucky, Four Aces, Onefinger, Suckrates, Lookin, Oz...?

Are we going to Rio?

I bought 20 tickets for a total cost of $20. If I understand the rules, I "think" I won $10.

Not a big winner but at least I won something.

Thanks for checking.

Guest hitoallusa

We can still go! We will buy inexpensive shoes and walk around MS like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

Too bad, Hito, I was realy looking forward to a good old fashioned shoe shopping expedition.

Guest hitoallusa

Wow. Congrats!

I bought 20 tickets for a total cost of $20. If I understand the rules, I "think" I won $10.

Not a big winner but at least I won something.

Thanks for checking.

• Members

Well, apparently a winning ticket was sold in Maryland, so no chance for a repeat of the craziness. There may be others reported later (an acquaintaince on a gay chat site told me the Texas system crashed; too many folks trying to access it at once like an unintentional DOS attack).

Personally, I suspect Oz and I fucked up by setting Budda and Jesus at cross purposes with our prayer requests. United we stand, divided some bitch in Maryland runs off with all the loot.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-03-29/megamillions-jackpot/53872762/1

Guest hitoallusa

Aww the winner(s) is/are not bitch(es). Let's think that we are part of millions who changed someone else's life. That's a powerful thing and rewarding. You followed the teachings of love in Jesus and Buddha. So give yourself a pat on your back ^_^.

Well, apparently a winning ticket was sold in Maryland, so no chance for a repeat of the craziness. There may be others reported later (an acquaintaince on a gay chat site told me the Texas system crashed; too many folks trying to access it at once like an unintentional DOS attack).

Personally, I suspect Oz and I fucked up by setting Budda and Jesus at cross purposes with our prayer requests. United we stand, divided some bitch in Maryland runs off with all the loot.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-03-29/megamillions-jackpot/53872762/1

Guest gcursor

ok. the forum is acting up. First, I tried to LIKE Hitoall's comment about buying cheap shoes and walking around like Julia Roberts. The like button said something about that I had hit my number of positive comments for the day or something like that. I'm not sure how I did that since I never liked a comment at all before on these forums. MAYBE it's talking about comments in real life too. So when I got up this morning and said all those compliments to my mirror, it MAXXed out the positive comments on the forum too! This is some smart piece of forum software!

And I tried to quote Hitoall's forum post in my response but I couldn't do that either. I've been having troubles with that lately. I'll press it and get a regular box but no quote.

Anyway Hitoall, I wanted to congratulate you on such a funny comment! It made me laugh.

Guest hitoallusa

Mirror Mirror who's the fairest of them all... When I was in the military one of my colleagues gave me a self confidence lesson and played basketball with me since nobody will keep me in their team since I sucked at it. He told me to look in the mirror and say positive things about myself and that I can do anything. I value this tip and teaching me how to throw a basketball. I still throw it like a girl but slightly better than I used to.

^_^ I sometimes wish I were a girl. My life would have been much enjoyable. Then I might have a husband and children of my own to raise. I can get pregnant and have baby showers my own. Maybe in my next life...

So when I got up this morning and said all those compliments to my mirror, it MAXXed out the positive comments on the forum too! This is some smart piece of forum software!

Guest EXPAT

Looks like three winners will share the $640 million. One in Maryland, one in Kansas and one in Illinois. There were 29 winners of the 5 + 0 in California alone. CA has a separate winning amount for those winners.

Guest hitoallusa

Hmm Oz you can visit me instead with Toto in the south. ^_^

I am glad someone from Kansas won. I'll be taking Toto and returning home ASAP.

Guest EXPAT

If you pooled your money with co-workers to purchase a bunch of lottery tickets, then got screwed out of the $105 million (after taxes) jackpot after one of those co-workers said she won it with a ticket that "wasn’t on the group plan," you would be pretty pissed, right?

That's exactly how a group of Maryland McDonald's employees feel. About 15 people chipped in $5 for a shot at the $656 million payout, which has been split between three winning tickets after Friday's drawing, and are now furious at Mirlande Wilson for refusing to share the winnings.

Although she was part of the pool, she claims her winning ticket was a separate investment and explained the conundrum to sources:

"We had a group plan, but I went and played by myself. [The ‘winning’ ticket] wasn’t on the group plan. I was in the group, but this was separate. The winning ticket was a separate ticket.”

Her story isn't putting any of her co-workers at ease. Suleiman Osman Husein, a shift manager at the McDonald's that Wilson works at, contested:

“She can’ t do this to us! We each paid $5. She took everybody’s money!”

Here is where things get inneresting though. Despite calling a co-worker to announce her lucky numbers, Wilson eventually changed her story and told the press:

“I don’t know if I won. Some of the numbers were familiar. I recognized some of [them] … I’m going to go to the lottery office [today]. I bought some tickets separately.”

To make things more confusing, a clerk at the 7-Eleven where Wilson bought the tickets says that the store's security camera footage shows a man purchasing the winning ticket.

So, basically, everyone could be getting upset over nothing. However, if Mirlande Wilson DID, in fact, win the loterry, we'd say she has A LOT of nerve to tell her co-workers she won if she has no intention of sharing the spoils.

Two employees said they went to her home and pounded on her door for 20 minutes to talk some sense into her. After being warned that she may be putting her life in danger by screwing over 15 people making minimum wage, Wilson reportedly said, “All right! All right! I’ll share, but I can’t find the ticket right now.”

• Members

I dunno, I participate in a lotto pool all the time. The proper way to do it (though probably harder at McDonalds) is to copy the tickets in the pool and hand out copies that have all the entrants' names on them.

Even being the one often organizing my office pool, if I did that, then got some tickets on my own (pref. purchased elsewhere) I'd feel NO obligation to give everybody else an equal share!

I'd almost certainly give them something, but would make them sign something making clear they understand it's a one time gift and they agree that they have no claim to the winnings!

Yes, I've spend too much time considering these things, especially given the 1:175M odds!

Guest hitoallusa

Money doesn't bring happiness but we can do many happy things within our means, I believe. Even if you only have a loaf of bread in your hand but you are clever enough to feed yourself with it and become productive and efficient then happiness will come along.