Guest lurkerspeaks

Booked my trip to Rio for June

• Members

Hey IHPguy or anyone else who lives or visits Rio frequently.. Can you give us a day by day guide of which sauna is more popular currently? I know Tues is free cabine night at 117, so it is usually a very busy night.. how about other nights? thanks

Monday nights are also very busy at Meio Mundo

• Members

I will be in Rio from June 18 to 23. Luckily I booked an apartment for the period. The prices of the hotels during this week are just unbelievable (the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development, will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on June 20-22, 2012).

The only available hotels are the love hotels ("for adult only" such as motels Comodoro, Caricia, Lips, Love time, Elegance ...).

I checked again on booking today and here are some of the prices quoted for a double room for 5 nights :

- Love motel Elegance offers ... 1792 USD

- Mirasol Hotel in Copacabana : 3100 USD

- Casa Mosquito : "Just a 10-minute walk from Ipanema Beach and Copacabana Beach, Casa Mosquito offers free Wi-Fi and a buffet breakfast. Guesthouse (4 Rooms) people Availability Price for 5 nights

Last chance! Only 1 room left

US$ 314465.41

314465.41 USD for 5 nights ! Only 1 room left ... Luckily, wifi is free !

• Members

I rarely post here, although I know some of the people on this board, and wanted to add my two cents regarding hotels v. apartments. On my first trips to Rio (about 9 years ago) I stayed at the Atlantico, but for the past 5 years, I always stay in apartments, and either in Ipanema or Leblon. Prefer these neighborhoods, (great restaurants, good eye candy, good shopping, great beaches, etc) - and for the price of US$120-200 you can get a very nice 1-2 bedroom apartment with living room, kitchen, etc. Never had problem bringing boys back to my place - I notice the doormen and neighbors don't care. Their only concern is loud noises, parties, etc. but since I travel alone, I am a quiet neighbor.

BTW - you can return VERY late to your rental apartment (I have returned anywhere from 2am, 4am, etc) and no worries - the doorman will always let you in.

Was going to return to Rio May 15, but family concerns are keeping me home for the time being. Hope to return later this year.

Guest tomcal

"Beguiled" is the one who convinced me to start looking at apartments two years ago. He was right about the cost/convience/advantages vs. hotels in Rio!

Guest lurkerspeaks

I guess I can share my opinions of apts vs hotels in rio..

A small hotel room can run you twice as much or more than the price a full apartment in Rio.

The hotels do usually include breakfast, but in the apartment, you usually have a full kitchen and can purchase/eat what and when you want.

Most hotels charge extra for you to bring back a guest. Most apartments have open guest policy.

Hotels have front desk/security...Most apartments for short term rent have 24 hour doormen.

In hotels, you generally have one room plus a bathroom. In apartments, you can have living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom.

Guest lurkerspeaks

current currency conversion....close of business Monday 5/7/12........ USD vs Reias 1:1.92315

Almost to the 1:2 mark..

• Members

I sent you a pvt. at daddys, for I did not want to change the tenor and tone of your thread. Enjoy immensely! Keep your wits about you and remain safe as well! - :smile: - :smile: - :smile:

You have a tad bit over a month before you'll be in "The Marvelous City," Rio de janeiro! As I wrote above, "enjoy immensely;" plan to share with us when it is very convenient for you. If it has to come after you return, so be it! I'm always "up" for a good read as well as some vicarious reading!

Guest lurkerspeaks

24 days until my departure to Rio... and today, according to oanda.com, the rate is 1 : 1.96380......

come on....1 : 2

Guest FourAces

24 days until my departure to Rio... and today, according to oanda.com, the rate is 1 : 1.96380......

come on....1 : 2

Hopefully it will get there before your trip. But even now what a bargain ^_^