msclelovr

Rio hotels are the most expensive

Guest tomcal

I just checked and the Atlantico Hotel at best a 2 or 3 star out of 5 depending on ur perspective wants $258. U.S. for their smallest rooms, which are circa 1975 and haven't been updated this includes the beds! Just two years ago I was getting the larger rooms there for $81. U.S./night, It's crazy! and they don't have amenities you come to expect in other hotels like Flat screen tv's, irons, bedside alarm clocks, etc

Apartments are the way to go now in Rio.

Guest lurkerspeaks

dont forget to add that in most hotels in Rio, you are charged extra to have a guest visit you in your room.

• Members

I just checked and the Atlantico Hotel at best a 2 or 3 star out of 5 depending on ur perspective wants $258. U.S. for their smallest rooms, which are circa 1975 and haven't been updated this includes the beds! Just two years ago I was getting the larger rooms there for $81. U.S./night, It's crazy! and they don't have amenities you come to expect in other hotels like Flat screen tv's, irons, bedside alarm clocks, etc

Apartments are the way to go now in Rio.

Yes, "apartments are [definitely] the way to go now in Rio!!!!!!!!"

• Members

Yes, "apartments are [definitely] the way to go now in Rio!!!!!!!!"

Or another choice would be to spread your wings and go to Colombia where the boys are Hot, fiver star hotels are $250, apartments are brand new and comparable to Rio apartments, the flights cost 1/2 as much and the travel time is 1/2 as far. I know there is a negative but I just can't think of it.

• Members

The negative concerning a trip to Colombia versus Rio de Janeiro is that Rio is quite a nice place to visit, or to live, besides the saunas with garotos de programa.

#1) Not much compares to drinking sundowners on the beach at Farme de Amoedo and watching the sunset set over the Dois Irmaos.

• Members

The negative concerning a trip to Colombia versus Rio de Janeiro is that Rio is quite a nice place to visit, or to live, besides the saunas with garotos de programa.

#1) Not much compares to drinking sundowners on the beach at Farme de Amoedo and watching the sunset set over the Dois Irmaos.

You can have your drinks on the beaches of Cartagena with fabulous sunsets and Colombia happens to be a very nice place to visit. Not everyone is a Sauna afficianodo so I could care less about those. I much prefer my King Size Bed in my Five Star Hotel or Luxury apartment at 1/2 the price or less..

I have been to Brazil many times and do not mean to discourage people from visiting there.. But like anything , the excitement wears thin after many visits. There are many other place to visit in the world with friendly boys and beautiful beaches.

And the current economic facts are Colombia is much less expensive , the travel time much shorter and less expensive and the boys are friendly.

You are a resident and think Rio is the most beautiful places in the world. I agree but it is only one of the most beautiful places in the world. There are many others.!!

The rates are what make things crazy for Rio. I use to stay at the Intercontinental Hotel for 125 a night. The last time I looked they were almost 400 a night. That hotel is no longer and I can't use my points there. Therefore, I am screwed when it comes to visiting Rio.

I have spoken to Ihpguy many times and he is very encouraging about my desire to live in Rio but the only way to do it is to live like a Brazilian and not a tourist. I'll have to give up many things if I ever try to make a go of that dream.