Guest EXPAT

Sad news from Newtown, CT

My heart goes out to those families. I work up this morning to find this and it is just horrible.

I think Michael Bloomberg summed things up pretty well when he said:

"We need immediate action," wrote the gun control advocate. "We have heard all the rhetoric before. What we have not seen is leadership -- not from the White House and not from Congress."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57559347/in-newtown-shootings-wake-divisions-remain-over-gun-control/

Everybody is afraid of the NRA. Just look at what happened to Bob Costas last week after he talked about his view after the NFL shooting. He was obliterated by Right Wing idiots who don't want gun control including several notable current and former politicians that called him an idiot.

I'm not certain. My fear is that his professorial approach to things will not be strong enough an approach for this kind of problem. He needs to go on TV in a fireside chat format and rally the Americans around what needs to be done. He doesn't need to do a lecture about legalities et al.

Guest hitoallusa

It's so unfortunate this happened. RIP and I send my condolescences to those who lost loved ones..

The reality is that gun control advocates lose elections. all. the. time.

At some point, perhaps even now, the feelings in this country may shift, but I don't blame anybody in washington for not wanting to pick this fight.

Guest hitoallusa

Well we don't allow personal possession of weapons of mass destruction and its time to amend the constitution regarding right to bear arms.. People can bear arms but weapons should be kept at a certain location and Amos should be rationed according to their personal need...