Guest EXPAT

Dexter returning for a final season

Guest EXPAT

Showtime has released the official poster for "Dexter" Season 8, and it shows Miami Metro's serial killer of serial killers wrapped up ... literally. The unsettling poster features a close-up of Dexter's face covered in the plastic wrap he uses to dispose of his victims' body parts and below, the text reads, "The end begins."

post-105999-0-13828300-1367700384_thumb.

• Members

I believe that that photo is the end. Deb puts Dexter in the same position he has put so many in and thus the cycle will continue with her. :smile:

Oooooh, that would be so Creepy Awesomeness...... but there have been many diff photos released, suggesting all diff types of "final" scenarios.

• Members

Dexter Spoiler: Word is that the season will end with us finding out the Dexter has been DEAD the whole time, and was recounting his life while in Purgatory......

Now wouldn't that be a kick is the Ass ??? But pretty Clever !

I saw it just now and thought it got off to slow start for about 30 min and then turned into a high power train. I loved the end as well as the season glimpse at the end.

This is one of the best shows on TV and I'll miss it when it goes but can't wait to see what happens to Dexter at the end of the series.

In this episode, they point out over and over that serial killers have no feelings and no attachments to others. Does that mean that Dexter may end up killing his sister? :smile:

• Members

So, I havent seen Dexter since Time Warner dropped Showtime, I know someone died this past Sunday.... WHO was it ?

any indications yet How the series will end ??? Inquiring minds wanna know.... until I can buy the season and watch it....

If there is any way I can watch episodes besides using Torrents, please let me know.

• Members

Well its OVER, and the Series Finale was weak and disappointing IMO....

Debra dies (kinda predictable) and Dexter skulks away into self-imposed exile, after abandoning his son, burdening his fugitive girlfriend with the kids care and upbringing, and faking his death. A cowardly act on Dex's part. This show owed us fan's a BETTER ending.

I didn't think it was the greatest ending, but I did like the idea that he's still out there somewhere. I was bit sad that he hadn't evolved as much as he seemed to have - or perhaps he had.

Was his decision cowardly, or was it self-sacrificing? I think he did it to protect those the loved, since he was convinced (with some justification) that bad things happen to those involved with him.

I saw it just now and thought it got off to slow start for about 30 min and then turned into a high power train. I loved the end as well as the season glimpse at the end.

This is one of the best shows on TV and I'll miss it when it goes but can't wait to see what happens to Dexter at the end of the series.

In this episode, they point out over and over that serial killers have no feelings and no attachments to others. Does that mean that Dexter may end up killing his sister? :smile:

I think this season has shown that Dexter has evolved into a more complete human being and is no longer just a serial killer.

• Members

Leaving Dexter alive only means the producers were not ready to throw in the towel, and wanted the door left over for Dexters return down the road, or perhaps a spin off series. It was a cop out, but is all about money....I disagree with NC that the ending demonstrated that Dex had evolved. I think it showed him as a coward, running from responsibility and commitment. OR was Dexter finally AFRAID ?