Gaybutton

GB's Songkran Report

I know many of you cannot be in Pattaya for Songkran or choose not to be here. It all begins as of now. So far I have not seen any water splashing going on at all. Usually none of that begins until April 12, and it's usually sporadic, but builds up daily until the big day on the 19th.

There is, however, a city ordinance already in effect that prohibits certain kinds of work to be taking place. For example, a friend is having an apartment renovated. As of today (April 11), the workers are not allowed to do any of the work. That sort of work cannot continue until after the Songkran holiday is over.

I'll post a report of any goings on I see, each day, until the holiday comes to an end. If any of you who happen to be in Pattaya have anything to add, please do.

Look forward to your reports as I'm one of the crazy/demented falangs that enjoys the Songkran activities. And, if I was there - just to get things started and to give you something to report - I'd nail you from behind with a bucket of water (perrier, of course).

Look forward to your reports as I'm one of the crazy/demented falangs that enjoys the Songkran activities. And, if I was there - just to get things started and to give you something to report - I'd nail you from behind...

If it would really happen, it would go far beyond of such a mundane event as Songkran.

If it would really happen, it would go far beyond of such a mundane event as Songkran.

Well, thank you gentlemen. When you're here I'll be sure to bend over for you. Come to think of it, for most Americans, just a few days from now is April 15. That's when IRS stands behind you and gets you to bend over a little further.

Look forward to your reports as I'm one of the crazy/demented falangs that enjoys the Songkran activities. And, if I was there - just to get things started and to give you something to report - I'd nail you from behind with a bucket of water (perrier, of course).

Same. Same.

Same. Same.

Does that mean you're another one who wants to nail me from behind, or that you are looking forward to Songkran reports . . . or both?

Ok, the Songkran report for Friday, April 11, as of 6:30 PM, is that I have seen no water splashing whatsoever. I wasn't expecting any today. I am, however, expecting to see a few sporadic splashers tomorrow. On the first day it's usually the under age 10 set in the local neighborhoods. We'll see.

Does that mean you're another one who wants to nail me from behind, or that you are looking forward to Songkran reports . . . or both?

Is nailing you from behind the same thing as pin the tail on the donkey? I use to love that game when I was younger. :) JK my dear! :)

I played that game once with Jomptien. He lost. :) Of course, he will deny it as he may not have remembered the experience the next day but I will give confirmation it is accurate. :)

Guest jomtien
I played that game once with Jomptien. He lost. :) Of course, he will deny it as he may not have remembered the experience the next day but I will give confirmation it is accurate. :)

Damn! And you always told me I had been given a colonoscopy! :o

GB - I arrive on the 18th...Will spend that afternoon in naklua and that evening in the area between Bamboo bar and Country Road in Jomtien

next day will be spent slowly walking from South Pattaya back to the area between Bamboo bar and Country Road in Jomtien...

As a young(ish) farang Songkran is my favourite time of the year - especially as my Bf and hs friends love it so much too...

I'm just gonna imagine that every farang i see is you... and soak ya :p:p

Don't forget to fight to fight back B) B)

edit= really bad spelling mistakes!

Saturday, April 12. Still no water splashing activity in Pattaya. I have been getting reports that traffic on the highways is very heavy and depending on the time of day you travel, expect long delays.

The reports about police checkpoints are either erroneous or nothing has been set up yet. Yesterday and today I haven't even seen a police officer anywhere on the roads. I haven't even seen them in the usual spots where they pull over helmetless motorcycle drivers.

GayThailand's Songkran Report:

Boyfriend called and wanted more money for Songkran.

Ex-boyfriend called and asked for money for Songkran.

Future Boyfriend called and ask for more money for Songkran.

I asked how much they needed. Each said, "up to you." I said, OK lets think about this. Water is free. A cup to throw the water is free. Humm. How much is it you really need? :) LOL

Each chuckled and said, "up to you."

Knowing it is an important holiday, I sent them some money based on what I would want to spend on my favorite Western holiday, Halloween. :) I am not sure if that was a trick or a treat. But, they were pleased and now I am sure they are loaded with water guns. I sent them a pic of GayButton (not the one in drag) and told them I would double the money if they soaked him when he was dressed up for dinner. I think they have talked to the local authorities and are going to use the spy cameras all over Pattaya to monitor his whereabouts. :) Have fun GB.

Guest GaySacGuy

Well, I am still in town, and was on Beach Road this morning. The noticable difference was that there were fewer falang on the beach, and lots more Thais, many with kids.

The traffice about noon was really lighter than normal, but I haven't been out on the main roads since then.

So far...it is Saturday evening here....still Dry. But it is very HOT ourside, so water might feel good.

Have fun GB.

Sooooooooooo! As Maude used to say, "God'll getcha for that!"

Actually, I found out at dinner this evening I was wrong about no water activity today. One friend came in to Pattaya today. He was on a baht bus, with luggage and a lap top computer, when he got soaked. Naturally, it wasn't even Thais who did it. It was drunken farang.

How about that! A Thai holiday, and the Thais haven't even started splashing people. Drunken farang were the first water splashers.

More is expected tomorrow. That's when it all really begins.

Guest GaySacGuy

Saturday 11 am

Was out and about, including Friendship Market this morning...all was quiet as far as water. But, the baht buses and pickups and other assorted carriers headed towards Beach Road on Pattaya Tah (Third Road past Tut Com) were all full...and I mean really full..of Thai people. Just walking along the steet I probably saw over 60 full full vehicles.

Guest zzrichard

Just left Jomtein about an hour ago and Bamboo Boys was active in sharing water with others...a few of the girl bars in that area were in the water tossing and powder activities, but since today is actually a Buddhist day, the water is sparodic, however I think that by tomorrow, the fever will be in full swing.

I will be at Bamboo's in the afternoon...I am the overweight farang.....lol...can you spot me?

Where is GB?

I was at the beach with zzrichard. His report is accurate. Traffic to and from the beach today was tremendous and there was plenty of water splashing going on. There was no way you were going to or from the beach today without getting a soaking.

Other than the areas where others are reporting activity, there really wasn't much else. In the neighborhoods, a few kids were out there with their squirt guns, and that was about all.

My advice is for the rest of the week, now start wearing clothes that can get soaked. Things like mobile phones, wallets, money, and anything else you don't want soaked need to be wrapped in plastic.

And . . . if you are among the "crazies" such as zzrichard and myself, get out there and have fun!!!

Rainwalker downed by water throwing group. Fortunately not hurt but his bike is a bit bruised. Be extra careful on bikes.

Thank goodness he wasn't hurt. Throwing at motorcycle drivers is supposed to be verboten this year. I hope he reported that group to the police, for all the good it would do.

It seems like most of the serious Songkran problems are caused by drunken farang, not by the Thais.

Guest rainwalker

A drunken farang, surrounded by bar girls and holding a beer in one hand and a pail in the other, stepped out 10 feet in front of me as I was slowing to make a turn just passed Mr. Mac Hotel.

He threw the water as he turned to face me and I hit the brakes, swerved to avoid him, and dropped the bike at maybe 10 KPH.

Other than a few scrapes on the bike, a throttle still wedged full open, and a tiny amount gravel embedded in my hand all is well.

I tried the Tourist Police and the Pattaya Police perhaps 20 times each but no answer due to, I assume, high call volumes.

At least they stopped throwing water.

Guest Khunatm

The traffic in Jomtien is horrific and Pattaya’s official Songkran celebration dates are still four days off.

According to Thai – Visa “Breaking News: Songkran death toll rises to 180; 2,514 people injured”