Guest EXPAT

Ray Donovan - New Showtime Series

Guest EXPAT

You may not have Showtime, but they are making the pilot (first) episode available for free. If the boss isn’t looking, you can sit at your desk and watch the entire first episode of Showtime’s upcoming drama series Ray Donovan right here. Liev Schreiber stars as a guy who makes the problems of L.A.’s elite disappear, while Jon Voight plays his devious recently paroled father (Voight introduces the video below and says Showtime’s “Brace Yourself” slogan with just slightly more enthusiasm than if he was at gunpoint). Also: This online version is edited for content, so expect blurred boobies. Ray Donovan premieres after the final season debut of Dexter on June 30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjXhhJ7avk

RAY-DONOVAN-Poster.jpg

Guest NCBored

I'm looking forward to this.

By the way - I just watched the first episode of this season of The Killing. Wish I had watched the previous seasons

Ray Donovan is a testosterone crime drama on Showtime. I started watching it and have so far really enjoyed the show, the characters and the scenery. They really do get involved in the characters in the show and I love Liev Schreiber as Ray Donovan and Jon Voight as Mickey Donovan, Ray's father.

Liev plays the ultimate bad boy. He is definitely a chip off the block as Jon Voight's character gets more involved, it is truly a fascinating look into a very scared family.

I have seen the first 4 episodes and am very excited to see the other 8 that are coming out this year. Showtime has done it again.

Each show gets a bit better. The characters you see in the Pilot return and it is not just a one time appearance. Ex: the gay guy having sex with the tranny, comes back and with some more trouble and issues.

It kind of reminds me of Murder One in that the show is not just what happens in one show, it takes those characters and develops them. I really enjoy it.

• Members

I'm looking forward to this.

By the way - I just watched the first episode of this season of The Killing. Wish I had watched the previous seasons

You missed nothing in season one other than the set up. The rest was totally throwaway. That is why many, including myself, boycotted season 2, which turned out to be ok. I picked it up after watching the first episode of season 3, realizing I needed some background filled in.

Guest NCBored

Plus, I love gay characters. The secretary is gay. The movie star is gay. Ray's son is gay. Trifecta.

Not to mention, super-scary Jon Voight rocking out in a gay bar!

Guest NCBored

Yeah right! What the fuck was that about? I know that asshole has an agenda. Right? What was that about?

It will be interesting to see if that goes anywhere - or if it's just his 'a mouth is a mouth' attitude. He's a complex character - and he's got that 'evil son of a bitch' face down pat!