Lucky

Lucky's Ghostwriter Quits Suddenly

• Members

Outsourcing of manual labor has become increasingly a way for busy men such as myself to create the sense of importance and involvement which we seek, but, alas, all good things come to an end. So, surprisingly, I today announe that my ghostwriter, Hoo, has resigneed effective immediately. I cannor promise the contiuity of either my postings, nor can i promise that i will be on top of the subjects that you have come to know me for as being one of the first to know.

Hoo was surprsingly well-connected, and she was a top notch writer. I often watched with admiration as she bandied ideas about, and often admired her skill at diffusing topics that seemed to be tending to explose. I will miss her.

In the meatime, if you are aware of a copy writer, male or emale, who will work for ten cents a page, please have them forward their resume to me via this page. There is room for advancement, although I have a strict policy of avoiding sexual entanglement with those on this particular payroll. English speaking skills, are, of course, necessary.

Hoo, you will be missed, and I wish you every bit of luck as you move forward.

• Members

Interesting choice of names, huh? We'll never know quite who she is. You have probaly noticed the decline in the quality of my posts sicne she left, but I am working on a new guy, also Thai, and his friend. So it will probably be wat or wy, we'll see whoever produces the best bang for the buck,. Remember, it's all about the quality.

...We say: At night an Arabian in my room,

With his damned hoobla-hoobla-hoobla-how,

Inscribes a primitive astronomy

Across the unscrawled fores the future casts

And throws his stars around the floor. By day

The wood-dove used to chant his hoobla-hoo

And still the grossest iridescence of ocean

Howls hoo and rises and howls hoo and falls.

Life’s nonsense pierces us with strange relation.

Wallace Stevens, 'Notes Toward a Supreme Fiction'

• Members

I guess I should have clued you guys in first, but Hoo is a very sensitive individual. She never signed up for this, and it's my fault. Now she is hurt and despondent at being mocked here, particularly for her name, which has been carried in her family for generations. I know that she is strong and will ultimately survive this, but I should have kept her behind the scenes. My new writer wrote this post, and he swears if I ever reveal his name, I am in big trouble!

Guest lurkerspeaks

I think it is the long missing star from the movie 16 Candles, Long Duk Dong..

In reality, he hasn't been missing, he was merely kept in a lowkey position of houseboy to our own Lucky.

• Members

It's hard to believe that these "Hoo" responses are coming from grown men. Perhps my joke just failed.

Participating in a message board usually indicates a desire to be among like-minded men. I left the site for awhile, then made an attempt to return, but it's become clear that I am in the wrong place. I don't understand your humor and I guess you don't understand mine, so why bother? I have had some fun meeting some of the guys here. Totally Oz is a great guy and I truly enjoy his company. Lurkerspeaks and tomcal deserve far better than they get. But we have a group of a dozen men or so trying to make a web site, but no common purpose. Some want light-hearted silliness, some want cock and the barely legal look, but so few want to discuss issues in depth.

Why don't you guys figure out what you want from the site and try to make it happen?

I left the site for awhile, then made an attempt to return, but it's become clear that I am not among folks with whom I wish to associate.

Lucky, if you are looking for more like minded individuals, may I suggest another great message board that has more of what you may be looking for?

http://www.hooboy.com

• Members

One of the unspoken detriments to living in the desert in the summer is that everyone who can leaves. Those of us who stay are left with little intelligent company. The heat drives us nuts, and we act nuts. So my joke went off the rails, despite you guys trying to come up with funny ways to keep it going. I apologize for not responding in the right spirit. I am simply looking for some intelligent company, and that's not always so easy to do.

I think I will go to LA for the weekend. Maybe when I come back i will have restored some of my sanity. If not, well, summer is just a few short weeks from its annual demise.

Guest hitoallusa

Oh my Lucky.. Have fun.. ^_^

One of the unspoken detriments to living in the desert in the summer is that everyone who can leaves. Those of us who stay are left with little intelligent company. The heat drives us nuts, and we act nuts. So my joke went off the rails, despite you guys trying to come up with funny ways to keep it going. I apologize for not responding in the right spirit. I am simply looking for some intelligent company, and that's not always so easy to do.

I think I will go to LA for the weekend. Maybe when I come back i will have restored some of my sanity. If not, well, summer is just a few short weeks from its annual demise.

• Members

Hang in there Lucky. I appreciated the humorous thread and I'm sure the majority appreciated it as well.