Lucky

A First Night in Thailand

• Members

Thanks to the travelogues posted here so frequently, we may know a lot about visiting Bangkok bars or Rio saunas without ever going there. But lately I have been looking at gay tourist sites, and here's one that I thought did a good job of helping you get through your first night a Bangkok bar. It's even funny!

http://bangkokbois-gay-thailand-blog.com/2011/02/26/first-timers-guide-to-bangkok-gay-gogo-bars/

For a chuckle, I quote the blogger's guess at what you experienced when you went to a message board for information on gay Thailand:

"If their first visit wasn’t a spur of the moment decision while already in Bangkok, the newbie probably tried to find out the scoop through the internet. Which means they found one of the gay Thailand forums. What a scary introduction that must be! If they man up and post their questions . . . yikes! Doubtful they’ll get the answers they were looking for. But before the thread goes totally off the track (that’d be by responding post #5) they’ll be accused of being someone they never heard of; someone else will abusively tell them to use the search function; some old disgruntled Pattaya expat will tell them they will be ripped off, left with blue balls, and spat upon; and one of the bar owners in Pattaya will use their post as an excuse to promote his bar."

hehe, right?

• Members

Great find, Lucky! :thumbsup:

I'm not qualified to judge the substance of Mr. Bangkokbois blog but the writing is first rate and laced with good natured humor. Even the comments from readers were well above average in quality.

I read several pages and will gradually work my way through his blog as I have time and energy.

Thanks again for pointing me to this blog. I recommend anyone interested in Thailand and the relationships between farangs and bar boys give it a look.

• Members

Great find, Lucky! :thumbsup:

I'm not qualified to judge the substance of Mr. Bangkokbois blog but the writing is first rate and laced with good natured humor. Even the comments from readers were well above average in quality.

I read several pages and will gradually work my way through his blog as I have time and energy.

Thanks again for pointing me to this blog. I recommend anyone interested in Thailand and the relationships between farangs and bar boys give it a look.

I have been reading other blog posts and find that I like this blogger. MsGuy is right- he writes well with humor, and is very informative.