Guest hitoallusa

Thank you notes

Guest hitoallusa

Let's say you gave a gift to someone for wedding or graduation. Would you be offended if you don't get a thank you note? I was wondering about gay take on this one..

• Members

Definitely. It's simply good manners. If a 'thank-you' note is not forthcoming, I regard the person as ungrateful.

I've heard various excuses over the years - the person was not brought up well, the person is too busy and writing a note takes too much time, 'snail-mail' is slow so an email is better etc - but I don't believe any of them.

And I adopt a simple policy in response. I try to treat everyone well, but I only make further gifts to people I know will be grateful. I have only once been asked about this (by a young family member to whom I'd given a substantial gift costing thousands of dollars on his 21st birthday, and received a one-line email some weeks afterwards). A few years later, he asked why I didn't give him a significant wedding gift; I explained that I hadn't been invited to his wedding, and he had been so unappreciative of what I'd given previously.

Guest hitoallusa

Thank you for your reply. I have always written a thank you note if I got something or gave something back in return in a timely manner. But straight guys seem to be lax about writing a thank you note, while women seem to be strict about it. I was wondering about what most gay guys think about writing a thank you note. ^_^

• Members

Thank you notes seem to be falling out of favor among younger women also. I gave a nice wedding gift to a young female cousin who got married last March. No reply or acknowledgement of any kind so far. I know people are busy, etc. but so am I. I had time to choose and send it + attend the wedding.

In light of today's disregard of what we used to think was common courtesy, I would be thrilled with a simple email. No snail mail required.

I invariably send a thank you email to a "visitor" before his plane even takes off for his home. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1

I think thank you notes are not "in style" these days. I can't remember the last time I got one and I always send my cousins wedding and graduation gifts. I remember when I graduated high school, I sat for days writing thank you notes to everyone. My mother did not let me miss a one. Plus, I was thrilled just to be leaving Alabama! ^_^

I remember when I graduated high school, I sat for days writing thank you notes to everyone. My mother did not let me miss a one. Plus, I was thrilled just to be leaving Alabama! ^_^

^_^ :) Same here! I remember sitting up half the night writing the high school graduation thank-you's, keeping myself awake by at the same time watching one of the later (and quite bad, by Christopher Lee's own frank reckoning) Hammer Dracula flicks. Killing two birds, or bats :D , with one stone. Or cross. (MsGuy upward swell. :lol: )

Guest EXPAT

I would actually prefer thank you emails instead of something through the mail. I'm trying to eliminate as much physical mail as possible.

I only prefer one type of physical male.

• Members

I think a thank you note by mail or email, or even a phone call are all acceptable to me and expected in situations where I send something.. I don't necessarily expect a thank you note if a gift is given in person and acknowledged with an individual thank you at that moment they receive and open the gift. It is nice when they still do followup and send a thank you but it's not as a big deal to me if they don't in those specific instances.

Not sure when or why the tradition of thank you notes went out of fashion, but it is something that I personally think isn't a good thing. Seems to be part of the "me" generation. Very unfortunate.

Guest PasadenaCA

Let's say you gave a gift to someone for wedding or graduation. Would you be offended if you don't get a thank you note? I was wondering about gay take on this one..

I wouldn't be bothered. It's yet more evidence that evolution and civilization peaked with me. It's why I am preprogrammed not to do that sloppy, disgusting thing with a woman. The species can now devolve back into the primordial soup. Based on your recent experience, it seems to have taken a great stride in that direction.

• Members

Well I can understand if they dont like to write or type. Its perfectly acceptable for them to make a personal visit and just stick their cock in my mouth (males only of course).. I never buy gifts for females anyway ! :hyper:

Guest quietman

While just my opinion, I think the handwritten Thank You Note has pretty much gone the way of the handwritten personal letter. I can recall, while growing up, the elation of getting a letter from a friend in the mail. That letter became a short-lived valuable collectible -- proof that the friendship was valuable to us both. I can't even recall the last handwritten letter I received....Kind of sad.

Guest hitoallusa

Aww I can imagine my cute AS sitting up late and writing cute thank you notes. :smile: I love writing thank you notes. ^_^

:smile: :smile: Same here! I remember sitting up half the night writing the high school graduation thank-you's, keeping myself awake by at the same time watching one of the later (and quite bad, by Christopher Lee's own frank reckoning) Hammer Dracula flicks. Killing two birds, or bats :D , with one stone. Or cross. (MsGuy upward swell. :lol: )

and just stick their cock in my mouth (males only of course)..

Of course I have bought a couple of my girl hooker friends a strap-on with which to fuck me. One of them a 2-way device. ^_^ Life is so good.

They both loved the power reversal etc. As did I.

Guest hitoallusa

No more hookers after we get married.. We have to raise kids together and take care of your lovely wife.. You will have no time.. :smile:

Of course I have bought a couple of my girl hooker friends a strap-on with which to fuck me. One of them a 2-way device. :smile: Life is so good.

They both loved the power reversal etc. As did I.