wayout

Shocker - Robin Williams Dead

• Members

http://deathbeeper.com/7798421.html

Robin Williams dead at 63: Oscar-winning actor found after apparent suicide The 63-year-old actor was found unconscious around 12 p.m. inside his unincorporated residence in Tiburon, according to a report by the Marin County Sheriff’s Office. The coroner suspects that it was a suicide caused by asphyxiation.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Monday, August 11, 2014, 7:03 PM
Updated: Monday, August 11, 2014, 7:14 PM
tv-fox-williams.jpgFRANK MICELOTTA/FRANK MICELOTTA/INVISION/APActor Robin Williams was found unconscious around 12 p.m. inside his unincorporated residence in Tiburon, according to a report by the Marin County Sheriff’s Office.

Actor and comedian Robin Williams has been found dead in his California home in a suspected suicide, according to a sheriff’s press release.

The 63-year-old actor was found unconscious around 12 p.m. inside his unincorporated residence in Tiburon, according to a report by the Marin County Sheriff’s Office.

“Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late," his publicist said in a statement. "This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

williams12n-3-web.jpgThe 63-year-old actor and comedian famously starred in the 1993 film, Mrs. Doubtfire.

An investigation into his cause of death is underway.

The coroner suspects that it was a suicide caused by asphyxiation. A forensic examination is scheduled for Tuesday.

summer-tca-tour-hbo.jpgWilliams was nominated for an Oscar for Best Actor three times, and took home an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in 1997’s Good Will Hunting.

• Members

robin-williams-dead.gif

Robin Williams has died at the age of 63.

According to the Marin County Sheriff's Office Coroner Division, authorities are currently investigating his death, which is suspected to be a suicide due to asphyxia.

So sad. We are absolutely shocked to hear this.

Meanwhile, rep just released a statement on his behalf:

“Robin Williams passed away this morning. He has been battling severe depression of late. This is a tragic and sudden loss. The family respectfully asks for their privacy as they grieve during this very difficult time.”

• Members

Great photographs wayout. I will not soon forget his contributions, the way he made me laugh, the shear brilliance of his mind, from Mrs.Doubtfire and Good Will Hunting, he showed a range that few can match. I am so completely shocked. How does someone decide that life is not the better option. May peace be with him and his loved ones.

• Members

What is an unincorporated residence? Seriously, I enjoyed this actor and am sorry that he is gone. I did wonder from time to time to what extent drugs affected him, either positively or negatively. RIP.

Best regards.

RA1

• Members

What is an unincorporated residence? Seriously, I enjoyed this actor and am sorry that he is gone. I did wonder from time to time to what extent drugs affected him, either positively or negatively. RIP.

Best regards.

RA1

I think it's a cut/paste vagary in that his home was in a non-incorporated part of the county. I.E. outside Tiburon, assuming it's a real city (my understanding of an incorporated area). Which is a minor detail the original public agency that made the report noted, then it got included again and again either for completeness or by news agencies that didn't realize the insignificance.

Also very sorry to learn of the death and especially the cause. That the personification of joviality could be a victim of crushing depression will hopefully bring more attention to the affliction.

While this saddens me a great deal, I do hope that this gets America to thinking more about mental issues and depression. This is a real illness that should not be swept under the rug and we have done that for way too long. It is real and the results are often heartbreaking.

It has been interesting to read the posts on Facebook and Twitter as a good deal of Americans are now professional psychiatrists. If he had died of cancer would there be the vast number of amateur oncologists out there? I think not.

Depression is real and it is a sickness and it should be treated as such by health care professionals and insurance companies.

I mean no disrespect at all in any of this. I loved his work and still think he is a man full of wonder and magic. I just wish the USA would stop treating mental issues and depression as something to be swept under the run and not discussed.