Guest Driver

Rio and Porto September trip log

Day one - Sunday

My flight and luggage were all fine surprisingly. Immigration took about 30 minutes as I had been at the back of the plane, customs did not appear to be making any checks. Did not have to push a button.

Usual hustle at the airport, people offering taxis as you came out of customs, I headed for the regular yellow with blue stripe taxis which are easy to miss as the taxi line is just two taxis. The driver asked if I wanted it on the meter, I'm grateful for whoever posted "cobrança no taximetro" (charge on the meter)

R$68 from airport to copacobana on rate 2 (Sunday)

Although I was on European time and it was late, I decided to go to 117. Taxi copacobana to Gloria R$24 rate 2

Entrance to 117 R$50 and it has wifi.

Herivelto the manager who was the one face I could rely on over the years, left three months ago. That was a bit of a shock. It was busy, clients outnumbered boys by at least three to one. Most of the boys were not as fit as I remembered, a lot of paunches. The two or three fit ones had already been upstairs so I wasn't too fussed about hooking up.

The traffic was busier than on my last visit, police very visible pulling cars over for alcohol tests.

I popped into To nem Ai in Ipanema, prices were a shock, cocktails around R$19 and upwards.

I'm heading out to look for a supermarket, it is sunny and I may walk by the beach too.

• Members

Supermarket is in the south east corner of praca general osorio.

But i am sure you have found it.

I am sorry to hear that you didn't find the boys attractive. I was in 117

Only once on sunday, but it was a good day.

Looking forward to your stories and pictures....

• Members

...am elated that you have returned to the site as well as to Rio de janeiro, I presume your favorite city in this world of mine as, I'd presume, yours. As trzinko mentioned in his preceding post, I, too, look forward to hearing about your overall adventures, ^_^ the cultural ones as well! ^_^ Enjoy yourself immensely and keep your wits about you; travel safely!!!

I went early to Meio Mundo (5pm) but there wasn't many people there initially. The few boys that were there seemed to be the sort that pounce on first timers. I avoided them and although most seemed to get a client, it took them ages. The few times I went to MM before, I never really appreciated how maze like it can seem at first.

One of the barmen there had only started five days ago, having come across from point 202 which is still on its last legs.

It quickly got busy with the number of clients just staying ahead of the number of boys all night but never getting too far ahead.

I booked a proper massage with the house masseur for 18:30 and that cost R$80 for one hour.

There were some really nice lads there and most got snatched up straight away. I know they can recharge quickly but I'm not a great fan of taking a boy that has already been with a client. A few really good looking boys struggled to get a client and I assumed maybe that they were known to be not good. One lad however I counted going up at least three times.

I eventually went with a guy called Thiago but forgot to take my iPhone for the photo. He was top only, we waited for the show to finish and tried to find a btm for him but they seemed to melt away when the show ended or didn't want to do it. Upstairs he seemed quite keen but I later realised that it seemed more about me pleasuring him, than him pleasuring me. We took a quarto but frankly it had seen better days.

He works at 117 also which he prefers, and needless to say he wanted me to commit to seeing him there tomorrow for another attempt at a threesome. I will try and get a photo tomorrow.

Thiago is a very nice guy! I remember one night at Meo Mundo about 2 years ago they had a contest where the 7 or 8 guys on the stage were hidden by a curtin and individually they came and stuck their dick thru the cutout in the curtin and Thiago won "most beautiful dick" by a vote of the audience! :-)

He went to dinner with OZ and I one night several years ago and told me he was nervous because he had not been in that nice a restaurant before. There are also photos of him on Latinjocks and a few other sites. He is always happy and smiling.

The cost of a single metro ticket is currently R$3.50

I guess I got lucky with Tiago, I'm just hoping he doesn't latch on to me too much later at 117. His cock was very thick lol. After he had showered he asked if I had a present for him ie he was hoping for some more money. I had agreed R$100 before we went upstairs and this was late so he was being a little cheeky.

It was a gorgeous at the beach although they are building some sort of stage (possibly Miley Cyrus)

• Members

they all ask for more after. and if they were good it is good to add something. if i agree on 100, and it was good i always give 120. it makes also sense to buy a drink or lasagna.to boy.

and next time, if you would like to try a different boy, just tell him nice. it happanes all the time, and that's all about saunas in rio, right?

• Members

Do not give them more money. It is a business transaction. After you, they are looking for the next wallet they can lift the negotiated maximum price.

However, a plate of food and lower-cost beverage is acceptable. If they try for a Red Bull, it is a total turn-off as one should know that they are simply trying to see how much advantage they can take of a tourist.

They wouldn't dare try this with anyone other than gringos. Average Brasilians do not tip the guys and do not dole out extra.. It is not done and it is not expected.

Tonight, at 117 I was chatting with one guy who told me his price was 150. My eyes opened wide in surprise and he then made the excuse well that was with cuming. Without a gozada, he was asking 100. He thought he was clever as he knew a number of English words. Too clever for me....NEXT!!! Also broke one of my cardinal rules and was jerking himself through his boxeer briefs and wouldn't show me what he had to offer. DOUBLE NEXT!!!

I ended up with a largely-hung Bahiano, 22 years of age, who asked for the standard one hundred, not a penny more as he knoew I lived in Rio and although not Brasilian was born in the USA. He didn't try to ask for more. And he hit all of the spots. Happy camper that I was, he gave me his phone number for a meet outside of 117 where the time limit is a way-too-short 30 minutes for some one way-too-long.

117 was busy tonight. Very varied crowd with some nice boys who got taken early. Still seeing guys I like struggle to get clients, I may take a chance on one one day, to see if I'm right to avoid them.

Tiago number one was a no show, I eventually went with Yet another Tiago (there are loads). Made the mistake of not asking com gozar, he asked for more to cum but when I said no and that we were finished now, he agreed to cum. 30 seconds later he did lol.

He was quite affectionate and I did enjoy it notwithstanding the attempt to hustle at the end.

He came back to bar area ten minutes later so I guess he is ready to go again.

20 minute for a room.

post-127796-0-58097200-1409704940_thumb.

I thought they had dimmed the lights in the back bar to help the atmosphere but 20 minutes later it became clear I had leaned backwards onto the light switch.

This is a shot of a drag queen on the stage at 117. It is about 22:00 I had hoped it would show how busy the place was on a Tuesday but the field of view is quite narrow. Posted for those who have not been here before.post-127796-0-63746500-1409712555_thumb.

Guest parisrio2000

Do not give them more money. It is a business transaction. After you, they are looking for the next wallet they can lift the negotiated maximum price.

However, a plate of food and lower-cost beverage is acceptable. If they try for a Red Bull, it is a total turn-off as one should know that they are simply trying to see how much advantage they can take of a tourist.

They wouldn't dare try this with anyone other than gringos. Average Brasilians do not tip the guys and do not dole out extra.. It is not done and it is not expected.

Tonight, at 117 I was chatting with one guy who told me his price was 150. My eyes opened wide in surprise and he then made the excuse well that was with cuming. Without a gozada, he was asking 100. He thought he was clever as he knew a number of English words. Too clever for me....NEXT!!! Also broke one of my cardinal rules and was jerking himself through his boxeer briefs and wouldn't show me what he had to offer. DOUBLE NEXT!!!

I ended up with a largely-hung Bahiano, 22 years of age, who asked for the standard one hundred, not a penny more as he knoew I lived in Rio and although not Brasilian was born in the USA. He didn't try to ask for more. And he hit all of the spots. Happy camper that I was, he gave me his phone number for a meet outside of 117 where the time limit is a way-too-short 30 minutes for some one way-too-long.

I know more than one boy who charges Brazilians too regularly R150 (and others here can confirm). If they are more beautiful than the other boys, and in some cases exceptionally so, why would they charge the same rate? Different quality has different prices, nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately if you are a lover of beauty and there is only one or two exceptionally beautiful guys it is very difficult to say NEXT, as NEXT may be something you don't like.

It used to be at 117 that there were 3-4 very good looking boys frequenting the place, and occasionally others who dropped in. From my own experiences in the last year and from what I hear from others, that's no longer the case. There is now one or two very good looking boys at most who go there. In Sao Paulo, the situation is even worse. I'm not sure why this is happening, if it has something to do with the internet or if something else is going on.

In general it is good to be vigilant and not get taken advantage of as a gringo, but this mindset is destructive of fun and leads to making a fool out yourself (being extra careful not to lose $10!). In contrast to what you say, I've found that some of the boys have learned to avoid gringos because gringos have this reputation of being paranoid about "being taken advantage of" which makes them very unpleasant to deal with.

And you are wrong about Brazilians not offering more than the asked-for price, I know one regular very rich client at 117 who pays a flat rate of R600; that is exceptional and a huge price for sure, but there are degrees in between and below, and Brazilians who are cheap get a reputation for that, and the more exclusive boys will avoid/shun/blacklist them. It's not just a rumor, I've seen it myself.

Look if you have an attitude of abundance and "NEXT" that's great, but when you are very particular about looks there's no "NEXT"; last I remember there's really only one or two boys at 117 lately who are exceptionally beautiful and they are mobbed by clients for this reason; the market sets their price and much of the time unfortunately they have the attitude to match the abundance of clients they experience. The boy I was seeing will give me the R100 rate btw since I'm a regular but I paid him R150 and even more at times. It's a bargain for me to pay an extra $25 to make him feel appreciated, and between him and the next available boy there is a chasm, as in, not only would I not pay even R40 for most of the boys there, but they'd have to pay me.

One thing I'll agree with you about and that I really dislike is the boys who you're not hiring but who come up to you anyway and try to get drinks and so on. Occasionally I'll like a boy's personality and buy them a drink just while having a conversation, but not if they ask for it first. I also dislike high-pressure sales tactics that many of the boys there engage in. I'm not sure what they're thinking. I mean it's possible to talk yourself into a girl's pants, but what experiences or psychology tells these guys they can do the same to a man, especially who is paying. I mean, you either like their looks or you don't, what else is there to talk about. I often flat out tell everyone that I'm not there to go upstairs with anyone but just to look, so I can be left alone.

I had coffee which is I'm writing all this.

• Members

Well, it obviously it was crowded. But i was never there so late. I usually visit

between. 17 and 20h.

Red bull in brazil is the most stupid thing i have heard. With all the fruit juices .caipirinhas and other coctails....

Guest parisrio2000

Well, it obviously it was crowded. But i was never there so late. I usually visit

between. 17 and 20h.

Red bull in brazil is the most stupid thing i have heard. With all the fruit juices .caipirinhas and other coctails....

Yes and what about Starbucks in Brazil? It's idiotic. Why the hell would Brazilians go drink Starbucks crap coffee...but they do. They like brands I guess.

• Members

Hey, thisis probably for a different thread but are there ANY places in the metropolitan region to get a caramel Frappucino or a Chai latte? My ex-lover adores their muffins.Whenever we get togehter after work, it is always at Starbucks. Basically impossible to find a blueberry or banana chocolate chip muffin anywhere else in the city. Cafeina has great baked goods but no muffins. And they do not do the cold frothy drinks. And they have easy chairs, sofas, comfortable chairs and tables and WiFi. Where else in Rio can one find these type of accomodations when the standard coffee place is a stand-up lanches counter? Even Cafeina is not comfortable. Although the two of us did once do the nasty in their oh-so-small, second floor bathroom. Guerin even less so.

• Members

If you are buying someone a drink, why begrudge them a Red Bull (I've never had one) if that's what they want? Nothing feels worse than seeing a wrinkled nose at your order after being offered to order what you want.

It's been 8 years, but I remember liking the coffee at Cafeina, and I'm a coffee connoisseur. I've been obsessed with it for 40 years, starting drinking it around 4 years old (farm family). Starbucks CAN be good, but you need to order carefully. Pike is terrible. Sumatra is their best. Sulawesi, Kenya, French, and Italian are good enough to get the job done.

One good strategy is to add a shot of espresso, decaf or caf it doesn't matter (same flavor enhancement) to any of those five brews above. Adding a caffeine shot is called a Red Eye (a decaf shot added to a regular coffee, according to URTH cafe in WeHo and Bev Hills, is a Rude Awakening, which is amusing name). The point is that it GREATLY enhances the flavor of your cup of coffee. Adding 2 shots of espresso to a drip coffee is a Black Eye.

If a Starbucks offers "Clover" coffee (ask them) ask for CLOVER sumatra, it's remarkably good, no espresso "add shot" needed (but, why not? :-) ). Takes awhile to brew, you'll be glad you waited. Clover Kona is damn good too.

NEVER get "iced coffee" at starbucks. They use Pike or their House coffee, weak and wretched and too acidic, no boldness. Rather, order an "Iced Americano" and this is important WITH an add shot (of espresso). Their Iced americanos are good, but only with an additional shot, regardless if it's Tall, Grande or Venti, you need the extra shot.

The iced americano with an extra shot tastes like the BEST iced coffee you'll ever have. It's actually better than iced espresso by itself. (hot or cold an americano is water added to espresso, which is why you need the extra shot, otherwise a bit to weak)

If you like Milk in your cold drinks, get an Iced Latte again WITH an add shot (very important) BUT you must get the iced Latte with Whole milk. Otherwise, it's much too watered down. If you're concerned about drinking fatty milk, the solution is to not do it that often. Do not forget the extra shot.

Actually, that's good advice in all coffee shops and in life: Do Not Forget the extra shot.