TotallyOz

Are you addicted to Thailand?

I am addicted to many things in life.

I love chocolate and caffeine. Specifically, I love Diet Coke and any kind of chocolate. I am currently in Brazil and they have a treat called Brigadaros which are chocolate balls with sprinkles on the outside. Nearly every outdoor café and bar has them. They are delicious and I can’t seem to get enough of them. While I do love them, I limit myself to one a day as I know they are not good for me.

In contract to that, I also have been addicted to exercise the past year. I love it and can’t seem to go a few days without it. I enjoy all kinds of exercise but I especially love jogging. On a treadmill or on the road, it makes little difference to me. The wonderful feeling I get afterwards is amazing and I crave it. I recently competed in my first marathon. It was a total nightmare as it rained the entire day. Over 5 hours of freezing cold rain with soggy shoes and blisters. The massage I got after the race was 2 hours and much needed. I had forgotten how much I loved massages until I was unable to feel my toes or legs.

I use to think I was addicted to sex but as time has grown on, I realize this is not an addiction but just a love. :) I really enjoy sex but can easily go for weeks or months without it with no necessity to have any.

I also think I am addicted to Pattaya. I have loved the city since my second visit. My first visit, I was disgusted by it but on the second one, I feel in love. With a boy of course and then with the city he lived in. It is not even an hour after I leave the city that I start to plan my next trip there. I think about it often. I do have other things to keep me busy in the USA and that often is secondary to my craving for Pattaya.

Do others feel the same about Thailand or Pattaya? Are you planning your next trip before you board the plane? Are you counting down the days until your next trip?

Guest laurence

As for those chocolate balls I think I would prefer two a day!

I fell in lust with Pattaya on my first visit and schedule two trips in advance for the coming 12 months.

I think my mother and perhaps some of my co-workers would say that I am since I will be returning there for the 3rd time in 3 years next month. Of course I don't tell them about ALL of the things I do there! ;)

I'm not sure addicted is the word I would use. I definitely enjoy myself there for the most part and I enjoy going there. And I start planning the next trip as soon as the current one is over. But I don't only go to Thailand. Last year I added Cambodia, this year I will be adding Laos and also going back to Cambodia. So maybe I am addicted to SE Asia.

I think I would rather say that I have a great fondness for SE Asia, the people, and the culture. I suspect that with the world economy going the direction it is that it will become very difficult to travel internationally before very long. I will be sad if I can't go back to Asia, but it's not like it will kill me. My trips tend to be pretty short so there isn't really time for me to "fall in love" with any particular boy or boys. And I am just cynical and wary enough so I think that will probably never happen, especially with anyone I might meet in a gogo bar.

I also hated and was disgusted by Pattaya on my first visit. But I did go back last year to give it another try and found myself liking it better...at least well-enough that I will be returning again this year for a few days. I don't believe I would ever be able to spend more than a few days there at a time. I am more of a big city type of person.

Guest shockdevil

My first trip to Thailand was on a structured packaged tour. I had so much fun on that trip that I vowed to return as soon as possible. Since that time I have been back to Thailand at least twice a year each year following my initial voyage. I believe that I am addicted to Thailand. I have traveled to many fascinating places in my life but none of them have captured my heart like Thailand. I have never been a repeat vacationer to any particular region. However, I now consider Thailand my second home and I am not even retired. When I get to retirement age I wonder if I will still have this pleasant addiction and move here permanently.

I use to think I was addicted to sex but as time has grown on, I realize this is not an addiction but just a love. :) I really enjoy sex but can easily go for weeks or months without it with no necessity to have any.

You've made my day GayThailand - I don't need drugs but sometimes I just seem to lose any interest in sex - even when I'm in Thailand with my boyfriend. I still love life though, people & places.

Do others feel the same about Thailand or Pattaya? Are you planning your next trip before you board the plane? Yes! Are you counting down the days until your next trip? Yes!

I am addicted, but not to Pattaya. I like it but don't miss it when I'm not there. However I enjoy reading about what goes on there in my absence and file away all those juicy morsels for my next visit. What I miss most is a completely different way of life to what I do back home. Messing about with the people in my boyfriend's village, laughing with them, even though I can't speak Thai it doesn't seem to matter. The best times are the festivals and the holidays when the atmosphere, the mood, is both relaxing and uplifting at the same time. It's a real stress-buster. :D

So addicted I had to come back even if just for a short visit. The prices are getting crazy. With NWA, it was 3100 plus 60,000 miles to upgrade and a 250 change fare. That is just driving me away faster each time. I guess I paid it because of the addition and to see the bf which I miss terribly. His love for me was shown in his long passionate e-mails (lol). :)

I am not addicted. I am just temporarily hooked. I know I can quit if I have to. If it wasn't for the severe stomach cramps and cold sweats I would have quit some time ago. You just wait any day now I will make up my mind not to return and I will stick to it. All I need is one more short trip----oh say 15 or 20 years long and I will beat this thing.

100% Thailand addict - though i could be weaned from Pattaya for a while at least.

When I get settled in you are invited to visit us in Chiang Mai. However, I have to warn you, once you try it you will never go back. :rolleyes:

When I get settled in you are invited to visit us in Chiang Mai. However, I have to warn you, once you try it you will never go back. :rolleyes:

Chiang Mai is where I see myself settling when I move here permanently. I love it there. I stay in Pattaya only as my long time boyfriend lives in Chomburi and his son is there.

Chiang Mai is where I see myself settling when I move here permanently. I love it there. I stay in Pattaya only as my long time boyfriend lives in Chomburi and his son is there.

Your relationship sounds incredibly complicated, but your love of Chiang Mai shows me you definitely have good taste. ^_^