JAYBLK

Colombia- Could be Brazil in Spanish...It's just NOT

• Members

What an interesting summary of your visit to and activities in Colombia.

After your just having spent two weeks in Colombia, my question is, would you return there unless your reason to return were primarily for business?

As I previously reported, late last month and earlier this month I visited Colombia for the first time. I visited only one city, Medellin. My present thought is not to return to Medellin or anywhere else in Colombia despite my having a decent time in Medellin.

There are too many other places I enjoy more, especially Brazil and certain parts of Europe.

-

• Members

I really liked Colombia, despite its not being as erotically fulfilling as Brazil. I am already planning a return trip. Im certain that if my Portuguese were half as good as my Spanish, I'd greatly prefer Brazil. MVan1- If you didnt enjoy Medellin, you wont like any of the rest of Colombia either. Medellin is, by far, the best of Colombia, IMHO.

• Members

I really liked Colombia, despite its not being as erotically fulfilling as Brazil. I am already planning a return trip. Im certain that if my Portuguese were half as good as my Spanish, I'd greatly prefer Brazil. MVan1- If you didnt enjoy Medellin, you wont like any of the rest of Colombia either. Medellin is, by far, the best of Colombia, IMHO.

Thanks for the response.

The key for Gringos being able to interact with the locals in Colombia appears to require the ability to speak Spanish or have a guide. This is my conclusion despite some other posts made to other threads in this forum.

My one-city visit to Colombia (and other research) showed me that relatively few Colombians speak English.

While in Medellin, I had the good fortune to meet a guy at Club Tobi who spoke Portuguese and, of course, Spanish. He ended up spending a good portion of time with me while I was in Medellin.

I now understand how you were able to communicate via the medias (Chaturbate, Grindr / Hornet) that you mentioned in your opening post and why you plan a return trip. You know the language and can communicate with the locals.

You said that if your Portuguese were half as good as your Spanish, you would greatly prefer Brazil over Colombia. Portuguese is about 40% Spanish. Therefore, you probably know more Portuguese than you realize.

-

• Members

JAYBLK, many thanks for your report. I was an exchange student with La Universidad de los Andes in Bogota awhile ago and your report brought back some very pleasant memories. One of my hangouts (outside the University) was the bar at the Hotel Tequendama, a great place (then) to hook up with both local and foreign guys. I recall spending time with a local businessman I met there at Villa de Leyva - a well-preserved colonial town not too far outside Bogota that I would highly recommend (the place that is). I have gotten back to Colombia since then, on business and to see my host family, but your post has reminded me that it is time for a return visit.

• Members
On 9/28/2015 at 5:23 PM, JAYBLK said:

Im just back from two weeks in Colombia, having visited Barranquilla, Cartagena, Cali, Bogota and Medellin. Its a wonderful country, full of beautiful and interesting people. But the scene is not nearly as well-organized or convenient as in Brazil. When I mention Brazil, I mean the sauna boy system wherein there are places to go to see a variety of men, choose whom you like, and strike a bargain right there. Nothing analogous exist in Colombia, sadly. Perhaps they await the right couple of entrepreneurs to set it up. There is very little English spoken among the sex worker class. Colombia seems to trend somewhat toward the youngish twink types, with visible indigenous ancestry rather than the big-dicked, versatile mulattos that make Brasil so wonderful.

Hotels- I generally stay in upscale hotels connected to American chains when possible. In every city, my guests had to check in at the front desk and leave a copy of their ID. In the most upscale, Hilton and W, I actually had to register to the room.

Barranquilla and Cartagena-

Local rentboys, few in number and frequently visiting from Cali or Medellin, seem to subsist on the cruise ship and other foreign visitor trade. The prices are at North American levels ( $125-150 USD) because tourists seem willing to pay it. These transactions are initiated online via Mileroticos or other such sites.

Cali-

Not much rentboy action to speak of, not even online.

Bogota-

Much like Cartagena and Barranquilla with prices a little more reasonable.

Medellin-

As close as you get to the Brazil factor, though not all that close.

The Chaturbate Factor-

Those of you who frequent chaturbate will have noticed that a plurality of the Latinos present there live and work in Colombia. I found it relatively easy to arrange in person time with some of my favorites in Cali, Bogota and Medellin. For $325COP ( ~$100USD), I arranged a wonderful 3 hour threesome with my favorite m/f couple in Cali and spent the whole night in Bogota, with a delightful twink, for a similar amount. In Medellin, I connected with another Chaturbator who brought a friend along at no extra charge ($120 COP for both).

Grindr / Hornet Factor

Both of these smart phone apps are full to overflowing with men looking to play for free and a few prepagos, as the rent boys are known there. Apparently, the conservative society, combined with the history of violence makes for a strong desire among gays to have exciting experiences with foreigners whom they won't bump into on the streets and who are beyond the age of drama for drama's sake. I will admit, upfront, that I am not the type physically to usually inspire much lust. But in Colombia, there was ALWAYS someone who wanted to come over for some dick and cuddling. I paid for taxis, a drink or two. But, not much else. If you tend to have luck with these apps in the states or elsewhere, Colombia just might be a smorgasbord for you.

If you dont mind, which chaturbate people did you hook up with? I'm looking to plan a trip to Colombia

• Members

The Chaturbate talent turns over quickly and often. Only one of the guys I connected with is still active and I wouldn't out him here. Club Tobi isn't a rent boy sauna. It's a normal sauna with 3-4 masseurs who provide a bit more than massage to some, though not all, clients.

• Members
3 hours ago, JAYBLK said:

The Chaturbate talent turns over quickly and often. Only one of the guys I connected with is still active and I wouldn't out him here. Club Tobi isn't a rent boy sauna. It's a normal sauna with 3-4 masseurs who provide a bit more than massage to some, though not all, clients.

I never found anything the guys at Club Tobi would not do with the exception of Christain who was new when I was there and hadn't learned to bottom yet.  3 or 4 great-looking muscular guys is plenty for me in one day.