Guest lurkerspeaks

A prayer for one of our own

Guest lurkerspeaks

Without getting into too much personal info, i ask everyone to say a prayer (or whatever your equivilent is) for Townie. He is undergoing a fairly serious, life-changing surgury today. He is a great person and a great person.

Lurker messaged me today and I was shocked. We first met at a "Hooboy dinner" in Weho at Numbers in 2002 and have been friends ever since.I just saw Townie three weeks ago before I left for Brazil, we were down in Long Beach for a BBQ festival. He's a great guy and is in my thoughts today. I will check on him tomorrow at the hospital, and hopefully we will have good news!

• Members

I also wish to send my best wishes to Townie (or BGP as I still think of him), hope he's better soon and we can all do another WeHo dinner sometime soon! I've been dealing with a family medical emergency myself though and am likely to be out of town for the the next several weeks, but hopefully we all come out on the other side!

• Members

I thank all of you for your kindness and good wishes.

I have been very bad about attending to my health needs and I have now paid a serious price.

I have suspected for years that I was probably diabetic but did nothing about it till I almost died a month ago because of a MERSA infection and complications from my Diabetes.

I have now been in Hospital for over a month. Part of my foot has been removed. I will have to be super vigilante about my diet and my health for the rest of my life. I will also be dealing with bills and financial hardship for some time. Not fun but at least I am alive.

Well God bless you Townsend. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers today. Stay strong and be vigilante. I hope that things do get better for you. All the best.

Guest lurkerspeaks

I am glad to see you posting here again, Townie. I didn't want to say too much about your situation without your permission. I figured when you were ready, we would see you here again. I can't wait until you get back on your feet (no pun intended) and hope you will be able to make it here to Phoenix for our Pride event next April.