Peter803

Recent Weekend Trip to Havana

• Members

What you described is exactly what I experienced when I was in Havana (twice).  The boys are sweet, but light-fingered.  Apparently they love to steal cell phones because there is a big black market for them.  My next trip I'm leaving my phone at home.  The rum there is so inexpensive it's easy to get carried away (which I did).  I bring extra tooth brushes and small bottles of cologne for presents.  

The first boy you describe sounds like Yoel.  He's a very tiny man with a big dick.  I think I'll stay and Vedado the next time I go there.  Central Havana is more run down and somewhat dangerous.

Liked your report!

• Members

The new android phones let me remotely lock and erase the content with factory reset, and whoever has it will need my user name and password to use it. But I bet very skilled hacker can break and reflash it. At least they won't see my compromised photos and accidentally leak them. 

• Members

Thanks for the great report, Peter. I knew exactly where your story was going as soon as you said he could stay with you that night. Rest assured, there is a highly proficient group of Cuban hackers who will make your phone very useful. My experience is that the straight hustlers are far more likely to be light fingered than the gay ones. While they are usually willing to hook up for money, they maintain a certain distain for men who prefer sex with men that makes it easier for them to rip off such men. There is also, sometimes, a sense of needing to punish the rich foreigner for exploiting their need for cash. Gay boys, on the other hand, hold out hope for longer term relationships that might lead to gifts, "emergency loans", return trips or even, eventually marriage and emigration. ( I read somewhere that 40% of the gay marriages in Spain involved a Cuban or a Brazilian.)

I usually book both a hotel and a casa particular.  The hotel is where I sleep and keep my shit. I usually book both a hotel and a casa particular. The casa is where I fuck. I never leave anything in the casa that I would miss overmuch if it walked away and I NEVER bring anyone back to the hotel. Im glad your experience, overall was a pleasant one. 

One suggestion: On your next trip, you might consider hiring an English speaking guide to serve as negotiator etc. In exchange for some cash, meals and entry to some clubs, such people are often happy to help you find what you want. University students are best as they tend not to be desperate and are more interested in your referrals than in your phone. I would suggest a few but all the ones I know have managed to leave the island and I haven't been down recently to replenish the stock.  Perhaps using planetromero to identify someone who will serve that role for a generous fee might work out for you.

thanks again for the report.

• Members

Peter- I, too, truly thank you for your report.  It was interesting as well as useful.  Would like to know the names from http://www.gayromeo.com whom you contacted.  Could they speak any Ingles?  I'm highly considering going back in 2017 on a P-to-P for 20 days then spend time on my own for perhaps a week.  I'm also excited because a Brit friend of mine plans to be there when I'm there.  He's been to Cuba a few times and can show me a some things which would be beneficial to me when I am traveling solo.  During the tour we will be staying in casa particulars throughout, but when I am on my own, I will do as JayBlk mentioned: I will stay at a hotel as well as at my own arranged casa particular in Habana.  Might use www.airbnb.com or www.cuba-junky.com for this.  Again, muchas gracias!

[When I was in Habana in March of 2015, our stellar female tour guide mentioned that if anyone on the street spends anytime with you, they would expect some CUCs, but to avoid this happening, tell them nicely that you're not interested.  Many folks in this island nation are poor; thus the reason for all of the hustling, sexual or otherwise.  The majority of Cubans get a mere 20CUCs per week or per month along with a ration card.  Many professionals give up their degreed job and work in the tourist or service industry to get tips, etc.]  1CUC = 1US dollar

Like Jay, I saw where the story was going...... I've been going to Cuba for about 17 yrs. The "Golden" years are gone, I see a decline in quantity/quality on every trip.

I have a couple of regulars that I've ended up on my last 2 trips....although when making my plans, I hope to find some new ones...hans't worked out that way.

Seems like the good ones have left the island or into more capitalist regular paying jobs....

On June 5, 2016 at 7:51 AM, Peter803 said:

Axiom

one does speak decent English, one doesn't. I didn't spend enough time to recommend any. 

Peter and guys, Luis, a professional guide in Havana, has gotten rave reviews from a few guys with whom I've been in touch on Facebook.  He has a wonderful website, too.  The one thing that he DOES NOT do is to help one connect with sexual partners; he has that mentioned on his web page if my memory serves me correctly.  If I do manage to go next year in February/March-- I definitely plan to engage his services after the tour that I hope will happen.  It's for twenty days; afterwards, for at least a week, I hope to explore Havana much further.

Two days ago I bought an "E book" for $11US from somebody who goes by Conga.  ...paid via paypal.  Well, since I don't have an e book, the man managed to send me the pdf this morning.  I scrolled through it and had wanted to print, but it has 85 pages.  The information is solid.  There is one section about avoiding being scammed.

1. From what the man had written on his purchase page, I thought there would be information about gay Habana; unfortunately, there isn't any information.  But, that is all right, for I know of a website that gives it on a monthly basis and have cited it here in another thread.