Guest NiddysNook

New Cocktail Offer!

Guest NiddysNook

See Our Promotional Flyer Below...

http://www.niddysnook.com/news12.html

For Immediate Release:

Niddy's Nook is proud to announce the introduction of it's newest signature cocktail, "The Absolut-ly Perfect Bloody Mary!" Recognizing that Pattaya has few venues that provide a stellar Bloody Mary, Niddy has developed this American-version classic for you to enjoy. Made up of Absolut Vodka, Tomato Juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, Pepper & the all necessary Celery Stick -- this spicy sensation is sure to tickle your taste buds! And, from now until September 1, 2006, Niddy's Nook is offering this top shelf cocktail at the discounted rate of 90 baht!

In addition, stop by and try some of Niddy's other popular signature cocktails:

Niddy's Special Mai Tai: Light & Dark Rum, Triple Sec, Fruit Juices & Secret Ingredients

The Gay Pattayan: Absolut Vodka, Southern Comfort, Triple Sec, Orange Flavoring & Secret Ingredients

South of the Border Margarita: Tequila, Cointreau, Fresh Lime Juice, Lime Cordial, Salt

Milli Vanilli: Stoli Vanilla, Ginger & Lime

Appletini: Absolut Citron, Jelzin Sour Apple, Cointreau & Lime Cordial

Fruitini: Absolut Mandarin, Cointreau, Lime Cordial & Fruit Juices

Key Lime Martini: Absolut Vanilla, Malibu, Lime Cordial & Pineapple Juice

(all of the above Top Shelf offerings are available now at the regularly priced rate of 120-130 baht)

Niddy's Nook continues to create new and exciting food and cocktail creations to make your visit at The Nook more enjoyable. Come stop by and see why Niddy's Nook is quickly becoming "Pattaya's Favorite Party Place!"

Respectfully Submitted,

Niddy's Nook Promotions

www.niddynook.com

** Home of Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger **

For Immediate Release:

Niddy's Nook is proud to announce the introduction of it's newest signature cocktail, "The Absolut-ly Perfect Bloody Mary!" Recognizing that Pattaya has few venues that provide a stellar Bloody Mary, Niddy has developed this American-version classic for you to enjoy. Made up of Absolut Vodka, Tomato Juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, Pepper & the all necessary Celery Stick -- this spicy sensation is sure to tickle your taste buds! And, from now until September 1, 2006, Niddy's Nook is offering this top shelf cocktail at the discounted rate of 90 baht!

Well I wish to be there on time and try it out..

The cheesburger is very very good ..and I have no doubt this would be as well..

Congrats..

Stef

Guest A Rose By Any Other Name

I second the fact that the cheeseburger is delectable! And I will certianly stop by to try some of the new drinks. Best of luck!

The Rose

Guest PapaDavid

For Immediate Release:

Niddy's Nook is proud to announce the introduction of it's newest signature cocktail, "The Absolut-ly Perfect Bloody Mary!"....................................................

www.niddynook.com

** Home of Pattaya's Tastiest Cheeseburger **

The Sunee Plaza/Day Night mafia took over the old Sawatdee forum to use as their personal advertising and promotions agency. I do hope that the moderators of this forum regulate their activities before their posts take over the forum to the exclusion of almost everything else.

I, for one, am not interested in the latest cocktail invention or "best in Pattaya" product, particularly when they are the products of over-imaginative minds prone to exaggeration.

The Sunee Plaza/Day Night mafia took over the old Sawatdee forum to use as their personal advertising and promotions agency. I do hope that the moderators of this forum regulate their activities before their posts take over the forum to the exclusion of almost everything else.

I, for one, am not interested in the latest cocktail invention or "best in Pattaya" product, particularly when they are the products of over-imaginative minds prone to exaggeration.

I'm not sure what your yapping on about, but settle down Mister. I also assure you that this particular venue does indeed serve up what it promises. I've been twice already!

The Rose

Well I am interested of knowing what's going on with the bars in Thailand. That's why many people are here for. They come over here and check the city guides for the Overhall listing of Establishments in Thailand. Nothing wrong with Niddy to share some info here.

As nothing wrong to have the "Pattayagay Weekly Report " here as well. I like it very much. Full of informations I wouldn't specially look elsewhere to get it.

I wish more bars and peoples were doing the same thing. Share " Good " and " Useful " informations instead of arguing about something else.

You should go and try it out. It might be the best Bloody Mary you got in a while. And if it is , then you wouldn't regreat to have heard about it here.....

I for sure will try.

Guest PapaDavid

Well I am interested of knowing what's going on with the bars in Thailand. That's why many people are here for. They come over here and check the city guides for the Overhall listing of Establishments in Thailand. Nothing wrong with Niddy to share some info here.

That's fine Stef. But everything in moderation. All I was trying to do was to ensure that the board was not taken over by advertising/promotion posts, as happened in Sawatdee forum (with Niddy's Nook together with Monty amongst the worst offenders).

That's fine Stef. But everything in moderation. All I was trying to do was to ensure that the board was not taken over by advertising/promotion posts, as happened in Sawatdee forum (with Niddy's Nook together with Monty amongst the worst offenders).

Yes, We have to be careful :)

I have to admit there were a lot of Advertising on SF, which wasn't necessarily about Thailand's Gay business if I may recall...

Anyway I am still up for a good Bloody Mary B)

Guest jomtien

I've been to Niddy's.

I like Niddy's.

I liked the cheeseburger.

But boy am I tired of hearing about Niddy's.

I've been to Niddy's.

I like Niddy's.

I liked the cheeseburger.

But boy am I tired of hearing about Niddy's.

I've been to Niddy's.

I liked Niddy.

I didn't care for the cheeseburger. But, I am not sure if it was the taste or the pissy nature of waiting so long for it. I did test the place early on and need to give it another try.

I think Chris takes the LMTU approach to advertising. Just keep em talking and the business will flow. :) jk Chris. I do think you have a nice place and I enjoyed meeting you and your boyfriend. I do not mind at all your posts here. But, you do bring the criticism on yourself by your declarations. :) I know as GayThailand is the ONLY source for Gay Thailand information. Or, so we say. :) We are not the only source and you don't have the best cheeseburger. :) But, to each his own. For me, the best cheeseburger in Pattaya is made in my backyard. It is not up for sale so you will have to take me at my word. :) But, remember, I also like em big and tasty right off the grill. :) I also like my boys big and tasty and right off the farm. ;) jk

I see nothing wrong with gay and gay friendly venues advertising themselves on a message board. An ad is a message, isn't it? I would only object if the same ad is posted repeatedly.

I've read some of the negative comments toward Niddy's Nook and their advertising. Why shoudn't they advertise? They're a gay venue and I'd much rather be supportive of a gay venue than be so critical of it.

I've seen that some people object to the ad touting their cheeseburger as the tastiest in Pattaya. What do you expect them to say? It's an ad, isn't it? Maybe some think they ought to say, "Our cheeseburger is lousy, but come in and try one anyway."

I really don't understand why anyone objects to Thai gay venues advertising themselves here. Is it the idea that it is an ad that bothers people? I suppose the same people refuse to watch television, refuse to read newspapers and magazines, and walk out of movies theaters when ads appear.

Regarding the cheeseburger, I haven't tried it yet. I'm not going to rely on the opinion of others. I'm going to try it for myself. If I like it, wonderful. If I don't, then I won't order another one there. But if I don't like it, I'm not going to start writing posts that attempt to destroy the restaurant.

I see nothing wrong with gay and gay friendly venues advertising themselves on a message board. An ad is a message, isn't it? I would only object if the same ad is posted repeatedly.

I've read some of the negative comments toward Niddy's Nook and their advertising. Why shoudn't they advertise? They're a gay venue and I'd much rather be supportive of a gay venue than be so critical of it.

I've seen that some people object to the ad touting their cheeseburger as the tastiest in Pattaya. What do you expect them to say? It's an ad, isn't it? Maybe some think they ought to say, "Our cheeseburger is lousy, but come in and try one anyway."

I really don't understand why anyone objects to Thai gay venues advertising themselves here. Is it the idea that it is an ad that bothers people? I suppose the same people refuse to watch television, refuse to read newspapers and magazines, and walk out of movies theaters when ads appear.

Regarding the cheeseburger, I haven't tried it yet. I'm not going to rely on the opinion of others. I'm going to try it for myself. If I like it, wonderful. If I don't, then I won't order another one there. But if I don't like it, I'm not going to start writing posts that attempt to destroy the restaurant.

This is very well stated. It is the point that I tried to make earlier in this post. However, I must admit that you explained it in much more detail! Thanks for that. Anyhow, in response to the earlier comment about the cheeseburger and the long wait early on (in the first few months of opening), Chris explained to me during a conversation that indeed they had some growing pains in the beginning. He is very realistic about the fact that they are growing and improving every day, and admits that early on there were some serious issues. However, I think you will see that things have gotten better, especially the cheeseburger. I suggest going back and giving it another try.

As for the advertising, I am in full agreement. Advertising is just that... Promotion prone to a little exaggeration that brings in the customers. Nothing wrong with that. However, I do dare say that I have not tasted a better cheeseburger in Pattaya yet. The Hard Rock was mediocre compared to this one.

The Rose

Guest PapaDavid

I see nothing wrong with gay and gay friendly venues advertising themselves on a message board................

I really don't understand why anyone objects to Thai gay venues advertising themselves here. Is it the idea that it is an ad that bothers people?

No one objects to advertising per se, however, the advertising should be true and not some overblown figment of the author's imagination.

.......But if I don't like it, I'm not going to start writing posts that attempt to destroy the restaurant.

This is exactly why Niddy's will remain a second rate cafe, because all negative comment is seized upon as trying to destroy the restaurant. When in fact Niddy's are doing that for themselves.....see my review in the city guide section (if the moderators deign to publish it).

To summarise, not only is the (sometimes cold) food only average but other factors pertain including toilet floors that are swimming in urine, lazy bored-looking waiters who pick their noses then serve customers without washing their hands, etc etc

If Niddy's Nook and their obvious admirers cannot accept constructive criticism they are in the wrong business. Rather than shoot the messenger they should try to put right that which is wrong.

PapaDavid, you are entitled to your opinion, but since when has advertising been anything other than an overblown figment of someone's imagination? Most ads I've seen all my life are exactly that.

If you have really seen the toilet floors 'swimming in urine' and waiters picking their noses and then serving customers, have you reported that to the owners? The last time I was in Niddy's Nook the restaurant and toilet was spotlessly clean. I never saw any waiters doing anything other than what waiters are supposed to do. My service was friendly and efficient . . . and the waiters hands and noses were clean.

Anyway, I'm happy to see that you consider your post to be constructive rather than destructive.

No one objects to advertising per se, however, the advertising should be true and not some overblown figment of the author's imagination.

This is exactly why Niddy's will remain a second rate cafe, because all negative comment is seized upon as trying to destroy the restaurant. When in fact Niddy's are doing that for themselves.....see my review in the city guide section (if the moderators deign to publish it).

To summarise, not only is the (sometimes cold) food only average but other factors pertain including toilet floors that are swimming in urine, lazy bored-looking waiters who pick their noses then serve customers without washing their hands, etc etc

If Niddy's Nook and their obvious admirers cannot accept constructive criticism they are in the wrong business. Rather than shoot the messenger they should try to put right that which is wrong.

Writing a review is about sharing your experience in fact. But dear, the way you are sharing your experience is by far the worst experience that I have heard of, from anyone I know here in Thailand.

Come on, I have checked their place and it isn't at all what you are saying here.

Was it a bad day on your side? On their side? Is it hate that I feel here? Or just my imagination playing me?

If I would see a place such as you described, I would for sure tell the owner and also propose one of my fingers to the one who is picking up his nose.

I have had bad experience and I have shared them with everyone but not on this Hateful level I can feel here.

Guest PapaDavid

..........If you have really seen the toilet floors 'swimming in urine' and waiters picking their noses and then serving customers, have you reported that to the owners? The last time I was in Niddy's Nook the restaurant and toilet was spotlessly clean. I never saw any waiters doing anything other than what waiters are supposed to do. My service was friendly and efficient . . . and the waiters hands and noses were clean.

Anyway, I'm happy to see that you consider your post to be constructive rather than destructive.

The answer is yes I have seen both. There was no "owner" on duty when I asked ... just another waiter.

I have said my piece and will not come back to the subject again for fear of being labelled paranoid and destructive.

As I said in my previous post I am only the messenger and it is up to Niddy's Nook to prove me wrong by sorting out problems that are pointed out to them.

The answer is yes I have seen both. There was no "owner" on duty when I asked ... just another waiter.

I have said my piece and will not come back to the subject again for fear of being labelled paranoid and destructive.

As I said in my previous post I am only the messenger and it is up to Niddy's Nook to prove me wrong by sorting out problems that are pointed out to them.

Well I like this attitude better.

If things like that did happen, better be corrected for sure.

Guest PapaDavid

Was it a bad day on your side? On their side? Is it hate that I feel here?

Not on my side but it could have been on theirs .... the bad instances mentioned in my previous posts happened individually on two seperate visits.

There is no hate just annoyance about the over the top and unjustified advertising.

MY FINAL POST ON THE SUBJECT !!!(do I hear everyone shouting Hurray ???)

Guest jomtien

PapaDavid, you are entitled to your opinion, but since when has advertising been anything other than an overblown figment of someone's imagination? Most ads I've seen all my life are exactly that.

If you have really seen the toilet floors 'swimming in urine' and waiters picking their noses and then serving customers, have you reported that to the owners? The last time I was in Niddy's Nook the restaurant and toilet was spotlessly clean. I never saw any waiters doing anything other than what waiters are supposed to do. My service was friendly and efficient . . . and the waiters hands and noses were clean.

I'm not sure that calling people's opinions that differ from yours 'destructive' is very....well.....constructive. How is someone supposed to express an unhappy dining event? There is a steak restaurant here in Jomtien that many people here have praised, yourself included. I went there based on the posts. The steak was OK. Not the best I've had, nothing super, but OK. It also took me 15 minutes to get silverwear and a napkin from the waiter. Had this been the restaurant with the shirtless waiters I might not have minded, but it wasn't. Then my glass of red wine came. Straight from the fridge. Very gourmet. All-in-all, an OK meal but I wouldn't go back. I might have even posted here afterwards but I'd be called 'destructive'. I get the feeling we are only supposed to post reviews that blow smoke up the ass of someones friends or something. I'll omit the name of the restaurant so no one will have a nervous breakdown.

I'm not sure that calling people's opinions that differ from yours 'destructive' is very....well.....constructive. How is someone supposed to express an unhappy dining event?

Are you serious? Do you actually believe that attacking the restaurant in that manner is the only way to express displeasure with it?

If you can't see that passing off a restaurant as having a restroom with the floor 'swimming in urine,' claiming that waiters pick their noses and then serve you food, claiming that the waiters are lazy and bored, and claiming that it will remain a second rate cafe, which implies that everyone must share that opinion, is a destructive attack post, then your thinking definitely differs from mine.

A person can criticize a restaurant without trying to portray it as an unsanitary hellhole, especially when it isn't.

Sorry, but Niddy's Nook is under constant attack by a group of people. And why? Because they advertise, and that gets under some people's skins. I'd bet that if Niddy's Nook never advertised, then there would also never have been this series of attacks.

One of the good thing about this, is I am sure Niddy is going to have more clients now.

Isn't the best way to be gain popularity? Talking so negatively of a business does attract more attention....

Guest PapaDavid

Are you serious? Do you actually believe that attacking the restaurant in that manner is the only way to express displeasure with it?

If you can't see that passing off a restaurant as having a restroom with the floor 'swimming in urine,' claiming that waiters pick their noses and then serve you food, claiming that the waiters are lazy and bored, and claiming that it will remain a second rate cafe, which implies that everyone must share that opinion, is a destructive attack post, then your thinking definitely differs from mine.

A person can criticize a restaurant without trying to portray it as an unsanitary hellhole, especially when it isn't.

Sorry, but Niddy's Nook is under constant attack by a group of people. And why? Because they advertise, and that gets under some people's skins. I'd bet that if Niddy's Nook never advertised, then there would also never have been this series of attacks.

I said that I had posted my last on this subject but can't let the comments above go unanswered:

1. I am not attacking the restaurant just telling people what I found over three visits because the place was advertising to be something that I found it not to be.

2. I was not "passing off" the floor swimming in urine nor

"claiming" a waiter picked his nose then handled customers plates/cutlery without washing, or "claiming" the waiters were lazy and bored-looking. These are statements of fact of things that I saw when I was there.

3. The cafe is second-rate, in my opinion, until it takes notice of it's faults and rectifies them. I did not say that everyone had to share that opinion but it is mine based on what I have seen there and you should have the courtesy to allow me to hold and express that opinion.

4. The place was "an unsanitary hellhole" on the occasions when the faults highlighted were found. Other faults include, inter alia, the subject of cold food which is supposed to be hot.

I am outnumbered by lovers of Niddy's Nook and obvious friends of the owner. If they wish to frequent such a place it is up to them. However, they should allow other people to speak as they find without being vilified for speaking their mind.

If Gaybutton spent half the energy he uses in attacking me instead on getting Niddy's Nook to improve he would be far better rewarded.

you should have the courtesy to allow me to hold and express that opinion.

I don't believe I've done anything to prevent you from expressing your opinion. If I had, then your opinion wouldn't be here. I'm sorry, but from where I sit what you are posting is an attack. I've been to Niddy's Nook too and so have many of my friends and aquaintances and not one of them has observed or experienced any of what you say is fact. Neither have I. If you feel that I "should have the courtesy to allow me to hold and express that opinion," then it stands to reason that the same courtesy should be extended to me to dispute it.

Ok, now I think I've written enough about it and my opinion is clear. If you wish to have the last word, it's all yours. Express away to your heart's content.