TotallyOz

Dropbox, Google Drive or ICloud Drive

I use them all and I think Dropbox is the fastest and best.  But, I also find Apple's drive a easy thing to back up photos.  I also use OneDrive and Amazon Drive.

It is just getting too expensive.  10 USD here and 10 there every month adds up.  I feel I get great value with Dropbox but I may let all the others go. 

Which do you use and why?

On 11/21/2016 at 9:30 AM, Lucky said:

Okay. I will bite. What is Dropbox and what do you need to pay $10 a month for?

An online cloud-based data storage and data sharing service, very easy and convenient to access and use. I use Dropbox Basic, their free level of service, for all my big-file transfers to publications I write for, and to my clients. From the Dropbox web site:

How much does Dropbox cost?

Dropbox Basic

A Dropbox Basic account is free and includes 2 GB of space. You can download free apps to access Dropbox from your computer and mobile device. You can also earn more space on your Dropbox Basic account.

Dropbox Pro

Dropbox Pro is a paid subscription that includes 1 TB of space and additional features. You can choose to subscribe monthly or annually. We do not offer an option to purchase consecutive monthly or annual subscriptions up front. Pricing depends on your billing country and which subscription plan you choose.

Learn how much Pro costs in your country.

Dropbox Business

Dropbox Business is meant for organizations and groups. Pricing depends on the size of your team and your billing country. We also offer discounts for non-profits and educational institutes.

Speak to our sales team to understand if Dropbox Business is a fit.

https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/73

Also I like Dropbox because they keep it stable and do not needlessly fiddle with it.

It seems like the other cloud storage services are always making little edits and tweaks, and sometimes not so little, to how they function and how the user interface works.

That annoys me very much. Once I learn how to use a piece of software, I want the user presentation layer never to change again ever in my lifetime.

I hate having to relearn something like that. In having to figure out the new thing, the cost in time, attention, and interruption of whatever I was trying to get done is almost inevitably much greater than whatever tiny benefit the "upgrade" yields, if any at all.

Guest Larstrup

Agree with AS about all the above. It just works very well. No sudden upgrades that are meaningless to me or which cause countless hours of needless frustration, drinking and outrage to comprehend. 

dropboxim.jpg