TownsendPLocke

Cancer scares and getting a second opinion.

• Members

Over the past 8 months I have had 3 Colonoscopies. The first came back with "suspicious but inconclusive" results. The second found suspected cancerous polyps. The third one had many delays but I finally went in for a much more intrusive procedure today. They did a couple of instant biopsies and the second culture came back all clear. If it had not I would have had to undergone major treatment/ surgery so I have that to be thankful for.
There are some other issues but those can be resolved with diet and/or minor surgery 
Different doctor today-much better IMO in explaining what exactly what was going on. He also found things which the previous doctor had not.
And no- no watches , rings or small rodents were found. And Jimmy Hoffa's body is still missing smile.gif

The third colonoscopy I had to fight for or I would have been charged for it. I just did not like the first doctors attitude and I did not trust him. It is MY BODY that you are talking about! Why do so many doctors have a problem with that? I am 100% certain that if they got a "suspicious" prognosis (one that was not 100%) of cancer in their own body or those of family members they would ask for further tests. I basically had to blackmail the hospital into doing the third procedure and coding the procedure as new work rather than follow up. The Doctor doing the third procedure was much more sympathetic and inspiring.  Unfortunately all too many patients would have just bent over (so to speak) and started on the long, painful treatment for colon cancer.

This is the most action my ass has seen in a lonnnnnng time! I just wish it was the fun kind I use to enjoy!