paulsf

A Different Kind of Bangkok Happy Ending

This is one of the reasons I love Thailand so much.  The people really are amazing and if you have never been here, you do not know what you are missing! Planetime and I and others really are amazed at how great the people in Thailand are and how safe we feel day and night.

Actually spiders are the one thing I have t seen here. I have a real problem with them at my condo in Florida. 

Here I have to admit I have been surprised by the lack of creatures crawling around. I spend 6 months in a condo and have barely ever seen anything.  On occasion when I come home at 3am I might see a small rat scurry across the street.  I've seen a few cockroachs, but mostly where people put out at trash. It's very hot here so bugs do happen. I think living in the city helps cut down on it. So hot and dust in the air with heavy traffic keeps little critters away.  

Come and have a great time.  Bugs will definitely be the least of your worries. 

Guest KevinC

I had a wallet incendent in Thailand too, but was not so lucky.  This happened on my taxi ride from airport to hotel.  I had $800 and credit cards in my wallet. I usually don't carry so much cash around on the street. But I was fresh off the 13 hour flight.  I must have dropped the wallet in taxi.  A few days later, a Thai friend (I kept a few emergency contact numbers in my wallet) called me and told me the police had my wallet, it is in a police station out of town now.  So I went and retrieveed my wallet. All money was gone, everything else is intact.

• Members
On 3/30/2017 at 10:58 AM, KevinC said:

I had a wallet incendent in Thailand too, but was not so lucky.  This happened on my taxi ride from airport to hotel.  I had $800 and credit cards in my wallet. I usually don't carry so much cash around on the street. But I was fresh off the 13 hour flight.  I must have dropped the wallet in taxi.  A few days later, a Thai friend (I kept a few emergency contact numbers in my wallet) called me and told me the police had my wallet, it is in a police station out of town now.  So I went and retrieveed my wallet. All money was gone, everything else is intact.

NOw I understand why you bad-mouth Thailand so much.  You started out on a bad foot at your own fault and now you have nothing good to say about the country.  My advice: Stay home!

Guest KevinC
On 8/26/2017 at 10:53 AM, kjun12 said:

NOw I understand why you bad-mouth Thailand so much.  You started out on a bad foot at your own fault and now you have nothing good to say about the country.  My advice: Stay home!

In my previous post, I was just reporting my own wallet incident, just like the OP reporting his experience.  Of course it is my own fault that I dropped my wallet in the first place.  And the same outcome could very well happen in the U.S.,   The money lost had no effects on my trip. I still enjoyed what I went there for.  In fact, I visited Thailand many times after my wallet incident.  I even had a long stay in Bangkok.  And I will continue visit Thailand whenever I feel like it.  But facts are facts.  In terms of honesty or moral behavior, Thailand is no better than other countries. IMHO.