BiBottomBoy

Looks Like Franken Is Done

3 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

And, he has announced he is resigning.  Insane. IMHO.  More allegations about the president but no one cares about that.

Actually, at least one person does...pretty pointed!

Bernie Sanders Tells Donald Trump to Consider Resigning Over Sexual Assault Allegations, ‘Access Hollywood’ Tape

http://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-donald-trump-resign-741173

10 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I hope he is not done. It sucks that the Democrats roll over and play like pussies all the time and never fight.  If the same was said about a Republican, not would happen or they would be promoted. Fuck this shit!  He better not resign!

I very severely disagree.

“Just because Donald Trump is sitting in the White House and Clarence Thomas may be sitting in the Supreme Court,” said former Democratic National Committee Chair Donna Brazile, “this is a very important moment and Democrats cannot slip-slide and not have a standard.”

...“Democrats are not going to hide behind the curtain. We’re going to open up the window,” Brazile said, arguing that this is the natural and necessary next step for a party that led the charge for the Equal Rights Act, and the first national awakening around sexual harassment after the Anita Hill hearings. “When you go back and review the history of when this became a topic of concern for women in the workplace, it has always been Democrats and Democratic lawmakers who led the way.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/07/al-franken-sexual-harassment-democrats-response-285959

Guest Larstrup

Well everybody better buckle up. WAPO and CNN  are preparing to release a story which will identify 20-30  members of Congress who have been accused of sexual assault/harassment  or abuse. 

It will be a gut punch to us all.  Not to mention throwing our constitutional process into chaos. :(

1 minute ago, Larstrup said:

It will be a gut punch to us all.  Not to mention throwing our constitutional process into chaos:(

I don't think so.

I've spent the last year here, and especially There (not to glorify myself, but rather that Document), trying to remind how the Constitution is infinitely more durable than the slight flings and arrows we may attempt to toss toward it.

That was, and is, remember, its whole point.