Gotti

Lagoa last night

• Members

The last Friday of the year at Sao Paulo's Lagoa, was mild disappointment, I guess is low season in the city,the admission was R$65,00 but there was signs around advertising $50,00 admission for every night of the week nights throughout the summer with free cabins on the same nights, I was not aware Lagoa had cabins despite been at the place many times for the last 10 years. Maybe is a new thing. As usual the average quality is well above what you get in Rio, but was not as outstanding as I've seen before, there was only one drop-dead gorgeous guy, like those you won't ever see in Rio in a million years, as usually is the case, pretty much unapproachable, the typical Lagoa sauna-god,  I did not even try, I just don't feel comfortable with full-of-themselves types, besides he was probably charging double the rate, which he rightfully deserved, as a matter of fact the fee charged by the boys at Lagoa is probably the only useful information of this post: R$150,00 and nobody budged, I was even told by a boy no to bother haggling, of course I did, but no dice. "Sao Paulo people has more money" was one of the replies I got from my "in Rio they are asking R$100,00", which of course is true. I end up going with a guy called Tulio, nothing to write home about. Also worth of note was the 4 go-go boys dancing with full erection in the middle of the sparse crowd for a very generous amount of time, 2 of them were just astounding. Despite not being at it's peak, Lagoa is still the #1 sauna in Brazil. Hopefully the glory days will be back when the low-season is gone (end of February).

• Members

Is the low season because of summer when tourists prefer to go elsewhere, usually somewhere with a beach, and the locals (the ones who can) escape from the heat anywhere they can possibly go, much like Paris and other European cities in August. Suites are never free but discounted to R$15,00 on the nights of free cabins (Mondays through Thursday). On weekends they are in the R$40/50,00 range, I don't know exactly cause I had I few drinks and the bill included everything, I just remember the admission  for R$65,00 cause there was a big sign on the entrance. 

• Members

They interplay the go-qos with a drag queen performance, I think starts around 9:30 with the boys fully naked one hour later, But it might change in a nightly basis, I remember in the past they also had a dreadfull karaoke night, if you intend to go because of the go-go they might have some info on the website. The guys seemed very pleased dancing naked in the crowd cause tips were pouring in, and the thing went for a good 10 to 15 minutes of debauchery, never seen that in Rio, I've seen that before at Lagoa, but never for so long.