Lucky

the jjkrkwood nyc meet-up!

4 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

From Star Wars to Paula Deen. How does anyone define hijack? Goes to show how absolutely banal and useless the subject of this thread truly is.

Actually, the concentration required from all of us to hold a thread like this together demonstrates the opposite.

• Members
26 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

Actually, the concentration required from all of us to hold a thread like this together demonstrates the opposite.

And you actually think this thread is "intact" ?       Coulda fooled me.....  :blink:

6 hours ago, Larstrup said:

All’s well that ends well. :D

In the Saturn S-1B (second rocket stage) development program, they had a saying after any test flight:

"All's well that ends."

^_^

[Below is about not the 2nd but the main stage.]

Rocketdyne F-1

Page issues

The F-1 is a gas-generator cycle rocket enginedeveloped in the United States by Rocketdynein the late 1950s and used in the Saturn Vrocket in the 1960s and early 1970s. Five F-1 engines were used in the S-IC first stage of each Saturn V, which served as the main launch vehicle of the Apollo program. The F-1 remains the most powerful single combustion chamberliquid-propellant rocket engine ever developed.[1]

F-1
F-1 rocket engine.jpg
F-1 rocket engine specifications
Country of origin United States

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocketdyne_F-1

8 hours ago, RockHardNYC said:

From Star Wars to Paula Deen. How does anyone define hijack? Goes to show how absolutely banal and useless the subject of this thread truly is.

Paula Deen. What a money-hungry, southern, tacky racist. Never like her or her cooking, even though I love great French butter (Bordier).

Agree about butter brand.

Your other snoot posts criticizing how we seem to enjoy representing to one another here are inexplicably snotty and offensive. Nobody is compelling you to join in, if you don't like it.

• Members
1 hour ago, AdamSmith said:

Your other snoot posts criticizing how we seem to enjoy representing to one another here are inexplicably snotty and offensive. Nobody is compelling you to join in, if you don't like it.

48 minutes ago, AdamSmith said:

your criticism of how we (each & all of us) like to conduct this forum with each other is odd, and offensive.

Merci

• Members
9 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Nobody is compelling you to join in, if you don't like it.

That's the go-to excuse for questionable behavior on the internet. It sounds like something Trump would say to defend his idiotic and racist tweets that are designed to titillate his base. I call it the narcissist defense.

9 hours ago, AdamSmith said:

Your other snoot posts criticizing how we seem to enjoy representing to one another here

I mean no offense when I say this, because I like you, too, but it seems the crowd who enjoys off-topic, often esoteric posts, is enormously small. Since you and everyone else feels free to criticize me at times, why should I not feel free to offer some of that back?

Personally, I don't give a flying fuck about anyone's behavior here. I have no trouble ignoring folks. The participation here is SO DEAD, it doesn't make sense to take the place too seriously. To do so might mean we're taking ourselves too seriously.

If I was critical on this meaningless thread, whatever criticism I offered should be considered meaningless. That was certainly my intent.

10 minutes ago, RockHardNYC said:

To do so might mean we're taking ourselves too seriously.

If I was critical on this meaningless thread, whatever criticism I offered should be considered meaningless. That was certainly my intent.

That I can accept.

giphy.webp