Tomcal

New Sauna in Rio

• Members
On 2/23/2018 at 4:37 PM, Tartegogo said:

That would require a Cristal ball. A new place might completely throw a spanner in the works of our well oiled Monday at 202, Tuesday at 117, Wednesday back at 202, etc.

Or it might not at all, and Manhattan Rio might be busy on a slow day in the other 2 places.   

You are asking for something than I don’t think can be predicted!

As is probably the case with any bathouse or sex club in any country.   You just never know !   

On 2/22/2018 at 11:30 PM, Tomcal said:

A new Gay sauna is tentively scheduled to open in Rio in a week, Friday March 2,   it was formally a straight sauna and was sold to Acir the Owner of Meo Mundo.  the location is literally a block from the main terminal at Santos Dumont Airport (SDU) it is 3 blocks from the Candalareia stop on the metro,  Here are some photos taken today! It has 2 bar areas 4 executive suites and 12 regular rooms which means they a total of 16 rooms more then any other sauna!

F1AD1E3F-8CFE-4056-BE50-B5F2C4E0AF43.jpeg

A58F5973-AE3F-4354-8195-BA8373D50A6D.jpeg

94503689-3F12-4B89-B455-886AD1D0FB27.jpeg

27722E3F-C232-467D-8F87-13A0157E26EF.jpeg

Tom are they having a party for the grand opening this weekend...Ill be in Rio and would go to check it out since it is new...

Any details are appreciated about the opening this week...

3 hours ago, Badboy81 said:

Tom are they having a party for the grand opening this weekend...Ill be in Rio and would go to check it out since it is new...

Any details are appreciated about the opening this week...

the paperwork signing was delayed until tomorrow so i think it will be next monday but i will post tomorrow when i find out!

their FB page is Manhattan-Rios

• Members

A random question but if anyone goes and is able to report back on the size of the lockers it would be appreciated! Am in Rio in March and I am wondering if feasible to check out of hotel head to sauna with luggage and then duck straight across to the airport after sauna (assuming just have carry on luggage - one of those tumi wheels cases). 

• Members

I will be in Rio for several days beginning on March 13th. I will still plan to head to 117 that first night, then Pointe 202 on Wednesday, but I will definitely check out this new place as well. It does make the planning a bit more difficult, but I'm glad it opened before my trip rather than after, because then I would have FOMO! At least I will get to check it out for myself.

• Members
4 hours ago, camsi1975 said:

A random question but if anyone goes and is able to report back on the size of the lockers it would be appreciated! Am in Rio in March and I am wondering if feasible to check out of hotel head to sauna with luggage and then duck straight across to the airport after sauna (assuming just have carry on luggage - one of those tumi wheels cases). 

One option is to go to SDU first ... it is very close ... and use a storage locker. The company "Malex" runs them at many airports. But email them first to check the info is current. 

contato@malex.com.br

19 hours ago, Tomcal said:

the paperwork signing was delayed until tomorrow so i think it will be next monday but i will post tomorrow when i find out!

their FB page is Manhattan-Rios

Thanks...Ill just check them out in April when Im in Rio...

Will report on 117 and the rest of the scene in Rio...

• Members

They accepted my friend request on FB during the night and ‘Em breve publicaremos a data de inauguração / Soon we will publish the opening date.’ Was posted a few hours ago.

maybe it’ll open when I’m in town later this week 

would you recommend going to it first few nights if it opens? Will it be party atmosphere? As I prefer to only visit one sauna each night 

ithe first night or two will be a mix of close friends of Acir and guys checking out the new sauna in town!  i am sure there will be some hiccups as with any business on the first couple of days(i think hotels idea of a soft opening is a smart idea!). that’s one reason i like not going until April by then all the kinks should be worked out!

i have a feeling it will be packed tonight. 

i heard a lot of the guys at Pointe are asking about it as Junior is not the nicest/easiest guy to work for, and Acir has a good reputation among the working guys!  Since Acir lived in the US from the time he was 18 to 35 he understands marketing and competition so i think he is smart to not concede any day/night to the competition!