TotallyOz

Roseanne Show Cancelled

Guest Larstrup
1 minute ago, AdamSmith said:

Not to argue at all. Just what is 'it's'?

You’re more than arguing, so please be that honest. Read above 

Guest Larstrup

Before I sign off because Adam Smith believes that our constitution is going to save us all...it’s obvious to at least me that @AdamSmith is sitting in a bus, believing that the driver of his bus is going to deliver him to his destination just like he believes the constitution is going to save us all from Donald Trump. It’s always those less involved in the process that expect the best outcome. 

Adam Smith can’t with good conscience suggest to anyone here, no matter their discomfort with what’s happening here that the constitution is by some imaginary means a fix for what we are presented with today. 

People who suggest that are people who take out liability coverage on a rental car and pay for that when their credit card already covered it to begin with.

Guest Larstrup

What I’m saying here is that most every constitutional scholar who is speaking out today is telling us that our constitution and process  is in  Jeopardy. Adam smith wants to tell us to sit back, have a martini because the constitution, no matter what, is in no jeopardy or potential jeopardy.

Why I always respond aggressively to this, sit back, no worry complacency mind-set  is because, if you’re not involved and fighting, the constitution will always fuck you in the end.

Adam Smith is complacent in his belief of how the constitution works. It only works......wait for it......IF YOURE INVOLVED and a part of the change. So there.

I do agree we have a very dangerous fox indeed in the henhouse in the WH today.

BUT the entirely novel invention of the American experience of governance is the ever-potential discovery of surprise.

And thus progress of kinds that our European forebears could just never have conceived of.

Donald Trump says North Korea summit on 12 June is back on

Trump reverses previous position after visit of Kim Jong-un’s top aide and says talks will go ahead in Singapore as planned

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/01/kim-jong-uns-top-aide-delivers-letter-to-donald-trump

Guest Larstrup

I will only say this one more time. Adam Smith believes that  the constitution is going to save us. Adam Smith has never, once, expanded upon that feckless thought. 

Good night. 

1 minute ago, Larstrup said:

I will only say this one more time. Adam Smith believes the constitution is going to save us. Adam Smith has never, once, expanded  upon that feckless thought. 

Good night. 

I thought just about every one of my political posts here did that.

Guest Larstrup
Just now, AdamSmith said:

I thought just about every one of my political posts here did that.

You always do, but often they do not. Love you. 

• Members

Current talks  have producers mulling a spinioff, with Sara Gilberts character Darlene and her kids as the focus.  Might be a fresh take on the Conner's story ?  Of course, Trump supporters wont be tuning in to see her young Gay son spin in his cheerleader skirts.  :cheer:

• Members
6 hours ago, Larstrup said:

You always do, but often they do not. Love you. 

That "Love you"  is suspect !.  It's like patting your Bad puppy on the head,  or saying goodbye to your Dementia parent at the nursing home when you leave.   You kinda love them, but you've really had Enough !!!   :hyper:

• Members
11 hours ago, Larstrup said:

I love @AdamSmith . I just disagree with his passive belief that it’s going to fix everything which is wrong right now"

Do you not think it is a sin shared by many Liberals? 

I remember all the dreams about Obama, and the fantasy that change would come from the institutions. Institutions may facilitate change, but it only comes from the people in the streets demanding it.

What the Constitution has brought us after two centuries evolving is a plutocracy more or less benign, according to who sits in the CEO chair.

• Members

Of course a piece of paper cannot fix anything.  However, the Constitution is a written guideline of how things should be and how to fix them if they are different.  This guide must be followed by people to effect any fix.  So far, even with instant communications no one has been able to completely change things for the worse.  One point of a republic is to not allow instant changes, only those that have met some test of time.  One must be patient.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members
1 hour ago, RA1 said:

Of course a piece of paper cannot fix anything.  However, the Constitution is a written guideline of how things should be and how to fix them if they are different.  This guide must be followed by people to effect any fix.  So far, even with instant communications no one has been able to completely change things for the worse.  One point of a republic is to not allow instant changes, only those that have met some test of time.  One must be patient.

Best regards,

RA1

Indeed. My point is that without people in the street, patience is wasted. 

• Members

Hopefully riots or street demonstrations are not necessary.  The voting booth is THE place.

Best regards,

RA1

13 hours ago, Larstrup said:

Adam Smith is complacent in his belief of how the constitution works. It only works......wait for it......IF YOURE INVOLVED and a part of the change. So there.

What concrete personal actions would you advise, and are engaged in yourself?

• Members

For what it's worth, anyone paying attention can see we are moving BACKWARDS, yet there are alot of people flapping their mouths about change.  Clearly talking about change is NOT the solution.  At this point, not sure what is, but a good start would be getting Trump out of office.  You will never eradicate hatred, bigotry or Racism,  but silencing the people that promote it is a sensible start IMO.  How do you do that ?   I'm not sure, but there gotta be a way.  We dont need Presidential rallies that promote hate and division.   We dont need RED hats that say MAGA, we need PEOPLE that actually DO IT..... We dont have that, but we do have a nicely filled SWAMP with some of the BEST SCUM on earth !  

Guest Larstrup
On 6/2/2018 at 11:56 AM, AdamSmith said:

What concrete personal actions would you advise, and are engaged in yourself?

When this began two years ago you would chastise posters over “there” about expressing their concern and their fear about what was happening with this president and our democracy. 

Your response to many there was that your FBI friends were keeping you in the loop, and those whom were speculating with concern about a more poisonous presidency going forward were redicioulous and unfounded,  because the constitution was going to protect us and everyone’s fear and concern was misplaced or misguided.  That was always your critical response to those who posted.

I won’t go into how many times you have said that, but more recently here, what you posted to me here in the politics forum,  about how your knowledge and assurance of how this is all going to end, Is superior and more founded in fact, than the concerns that most legal scholars today, not to mention what most everyday American citizens feel every morning when they wake up and feel about the stability of our nation and it’s democracy.

so yes, my friend,  it’s difficult to swallow the rhetoric with you often assault those of us living through this time, which is certainly now a constitutional crisis, with such little regard to the  impact that most of us are feeling. 

That’s all I am saying, and as I would say to my most endeared friend or family member, let’s just be friends, the politics of today will destroy us. 

27 minutes ago, Larstrup said:

When this began two years ago you would chastise posters over “there” about expressing their concern and their fear about what was happening with this president and our democracy. 

Your response to many there was that your FBI friends were keeping you in the loop, and those whom were speculating with concern about a more poisonous presidency going forward were redicioulous and unfounded,  because the constitution was going to protect us and everyone’s fear and concern was misplaced or misguided.  That was always your critical response to those who posted.

I won’t go into how many times you have said that, but more recently here, what you posted to me here in the politics forum,  about how your knowledge and assurance of how this is all going to end, Is superior and more founded in fact, than the concerns that most legal scholars today, not to mention what most everyday American citizens feel every morning when they wake up and feel about the stability of our nation and it’s democracy.

so yes, my friend,  it’s difficult to swallow the rhetoric with you often assault those of us living through this time, which is certainly now a constitutional crisis, with such little regard to the  impact that most of us are feeling. 

That’s all I am saying, and as I would say to my most endeared friend or family member, let’s just be friends, the politics of today will destroy us. 

Look. You know that I make my Miltonic pronunciumentos out of the same id-ic [Freud] stuff that he [Milton, not Freud :) ] did himself.

So vhat?

;)

I understand all that Trump undermines.But I think the Framers, in their mortally perilous situation at the time, looked back across well more than 2000 years of civic governance -- or misgovernance - and foresaw all that potential for gross abuse by unbridled power, and therefore laid down very solid planks against it, in the Constitution.

AND THEN -- in a move of inadvertent genius only seen & understood by Madison, some 20 years later -- realized that the OPEN-ENDED STRUGGLE OF SEPARATION OF POWERS had the US invented a truly new construct of government.

• Members
1 hour ago, Larstrup said:

I dont think any of us know HOW this will all end, and that's the scariest part !  

Guest Larstrup
23 hours ago, Suckrates said:

I dont think any of us know HOW this will all end, and that's the scariest part !  

Perhaps Michael Moore does. :o :lol: