caeron

Sri Lanka

• Members

I can report that I have a friend who's stayed there on vacation several times. He has never needed to hire as he attracts younger men (21-28) who are keen to be his companion. FWIW he is 70 but lean and fit, moderate height.

He met local guys working in hotels, on the beach, while shopping etc. They wanted to improve their English and to better their life-chances. He told me he took them to dinner and on trips around Sri Lanka, but he never paid cash. The companionship was always discreet.

• Members

For those who like gay-themed literature associated with their travel destinations, I have read all of Sri Lankan Canadian Shyam Selvadurai's award-winning fiction set in his native country. Excellent works. 

Not gay-themed but Michael Ondaatje's 'fictional memoir' (a unique genre) Running in the Family is a gem. He can do no wrong.

It just occurred to me that, outside of USA, Canada, and UK sourced writers the most fiction I have read by authors born abroad is that of emigrated Sri Lankans (or the more exotic sounding Ceylonese).

• Members

There are two gay guesthouses in Negombo -Dickmans and Gomez Place.  Both excellent and opposite each other. Lots of boys hang out at the beach and around bars like Rodeo. In other towns and resorts I have found you have to wait for guys to approach you. Sri Lankan guys are very friendly  but are wary of being seen by family and friends with gay tourists The going rate is about 3000 rupees ($US25). Oldies like me have no problems.

• Members
On 12/19/2018 at 6:28 PM, ronjames said:

There are two gay guesthouses in Negombo -Dickmans and Gomez Place.  Both excellent and opposite each other. Lots of boys hang out at the beach and around bars like Rodeo. In other towns and resorts I have found you have to wait for guys to approach you. Sri Lankan guys are very friendly  but are wary of being seen by family and friends with gay tourists The going rate is about 3000 rupees ($US25). Oldies like me have no problems.

I’m planning a trip to Sri Lanka this spring.  I’d like to spend a couple of weeks on the island but I for sure want to maximize my encounters with boys.   Would it be wise to spend a majority of the time in and around Negombo and Colombo?   

• Members

Sri Lanka is very small. The best plan would be to stay a few nights in Negombo, get your guesthouse (Dickmans or Gomez Place) to organise a car tour with a gay friendly guide. This is not expensive - $60-80 a day. Then check the internet for gay guesthouses in Colombo. Cruising on the beach and Galle Face is easy. As earlier posts say discretion is still required. My main advice is to stay at gay guesthouses not big chain hotels where you may have difficulty bring boys back.