Lucky

New Internet Requirement

• Members

President Trump today announced that henceforth all internet posters will need a picture ID to post on the web. He pointed out that he has always used one when posting, but declined to reveal his screen name. "It's the best screen name ever, and if I reveal it, others might try to use it on sites of which I don't approve, such as peeonthebed.com" Democrats claim that Trump has such a short attention span, he would be limited to sites such as Twitter. Representatives for the internet declined to comment, but rumors were abundant on suggestions for sites which Trump would like.

• Members

Most millennials and Facebook addicts are not very smart when it comes to the internet. I will never give up my fake I.D.'s. They have served me well since I was 17-years-old. Only one email account has my legal details associated with it, and it's the one I use for business. That's the way I plan to keep it as long as I am able. Privacy has always been important to me. I have nothing to hide, but that's not the point. Big brother and nosy big businesses can go fuck themselves.

• Members
59 minutes ago, RA1 said:

There may be some closet Libertarians lurking hereabout.

Perhaps. I'm a bit of a political mutt. Difficult to define. I like smart ideas that work and make sense. Legalize drugs, pay for treatment, legalize sex work, free school-for-work trade. I don't care much where the ideas come from. I like freedom of choice and Capitalism. I like conserving resources and energy. I also believe in a rock solid safety net. There will always be poor and genetically compromised who need society's help. From my experience, the extreme wealthy in this country are currently not paying their fair share. They should be more generous and willing to lift others up as a thank-you for their good fortune. Morally and spiritually, it's the right thing to do. Many are WAY too greedy for my liking, and morally and spiritually bankrupt. How many more homes and boats does one person need to be happy? I can't stand to be in the company of a guy who can only talk about his possessions. Or be in the company of a woman who obsesses about her million dollar Jimmy Choo collection. What useless, selfish drones many people have become.

• Members
9 hours ago, MsGuy said:

Who's the government to tell me where to fly my plane?

Actually in the US, they don't, unless I agree to it.  Agreeing to it generally means flying in the clouds where some entity needs to provide separation.  However, using computers, even this is forecast to be returned to the cockpit (as opposed to ground controllers).

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Forgive  my ignorance, RA1.

My notion that it was not entirely voluntary that pilots refrain from flying stunt loops over Idlewild's runways (in clear weather :rolleyes:) does seem a bit foolish in retrospect.

Image result for FAA minions

Still, are you absolutely sure that such behavior wouldn't result in hordes of FAA minions descending upon you?

• Members
1 hour ago, MsGuy said:

Forgive  my ignorance, RA1.

My notion that it was not entirely voluntary that pilots refrain from flying stunt loops over Idlewild's runways (in clear weather :rolleyes:) does seem a bit foolish in retrospect.

Image result for FAA minions

Still, are you absolutely sure that such behavior wouldn't result in hordes of FAA minions descending upon you?

18 hours ago, MsGuy said:

Who's the government to tell me where to fly my plane?

Actually in the US, they don't, unless I agree to it.  Agreeing to it generally means flying in the clouds where some entity needs to provide separation.  However, using computers, even this is forecast to be returned to the cockpit (as opposed to ground controllers).

Best regards,

RA1

Of course, Federal Air Regulations must be observed for the safety of all.  However, there is a lot of airspace in the US where you can just take off and go without even having a radio on board.  Restricted areas include busy airports, Washington, DC, above 18,000 feet and a few others.  Flying from Oxford, MS to say Batesville, MS on a pretty day involves just going. No talking, no permission, no nothing.

Best regards,

RA1