AdamSmith

'The key Trump revelations in Omarosa Manigault Newman's new book'

Pretty sharp.

The key Trump revelations in Omarosa Manigault Newman's new book

The ex-White House adviser’s forthcoming memoir says Trump insisted upon being sworn in to the presidency with his own book

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/10/omarosa-manigault-newmans-book-the-key-revelations-about-trump

3 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

I knew he was a racist. I didn't need Omarosa to tell me. However, his supporters will say she is out for money.  She is. I'm OK with that. But, that does not mean everything she says is untrue.

Yes. We are all out for $$$. We frequently get it by telling (or selling ;) ) the truth. 

• Members

One thing I object to about Trump is the polarization.  I don't know whether he fosters it or it is a "natural" reaction to his style but it causes folks to not consider other points of view.  No issue is without at least two sides.  

Best regards,

RA1

1 hour ago, RA1 said:

One thing I object to about Trump is the polarization.  I don't know whether he fosters it or it is a "natural" reaction to his style but it causes folks to not consider other points of view.  No issue is without at least two sides.  

Best regards,

RA1

If you don't know whether he fosters the polarization or not, just read his tweets or watch his speeches. He brings it all on himself. I was willing to give him a try as I have done with the two Bushes and I was even a John Cain supporter. But, Trump is vile and detestable.

• Members

I felt the same way about Clinton 1 (willing to give it a try) but was not willing for Clinton II.

Politics and politicians suck.

Best regards,

RA

• Members
1 hour ago, RA1 said:

Best regards,

RA1

In the beginning, I was expecting less tweets.  I also thought he was hurting himself with him willing to counterpunch every slight or attack.  Then I remember Georges Bush.   He would not fight back and the press and late night TV drove his ratings into the gutter.  Every news report on him was negative.  I wanted him to fight back but he never did.

Now we have Trump.  The news is relentlessly negative.  They called him a joke, they called him crazy, they called him stupid, a liar, a bully, a thief, a Russian agent and more.  The news tries to sabotage him with other world leaders. Sabotage his negotiations and his efforts to make peace.  

They attack his family, his business, his friends and anyone that helped him in his election.

If the president didn't fight back and tweet his successes, we would not know that Korea is returning our war dead,  we would not know that they are no longer firing missiles and deconstructing their missile test facility.  We would not know that it was his tweets that forced North Korea to come out of its shell and engage the world by joining in at the olympics.

If it were not for trump tweeting, we would not know how great the economy is or that Black and Latino unemployment is at RECORD LOWS.  We would not know that the usa now has more open jobs than job seekers.

We would not know that food stamp enrollment is the lowest it's been in decades.

As the president is now fighting for us ty fixing the trade deficit.  Is the news media trying to help?  No.  Are they trying to be balanced on their reporting?  Are they proudly reporting his accomplishments? No.  Even now the newspapers want to collude and do a same. day editorial attack on him.

If the president stopped tweeting, the media would live it and do all they can to drive down his approval numbers.  Its him and his accomplishments that has minority voters boosting his numbers with their support and starting the #walkaway campeign.

Also, the President has a ton of other accomplishments but I'm typing on my phone and I can't come close to listing g them All.

I learned to accept the man as he is.  We may never have another president like him. (I leave it there.  Its low hanging fruit for a clever reply).

• Members
8 minutes ago, DustinDawns said:

I'm not sure what to think/expect/believe about Omarosa's new book considering she worked for the admin and probably wouldn't have written or released a book if she still did. 

I'm surprised she was hired by him.  Everyone knew she would live up to her nature.  I'm not mad at her and I think I understand her.  I hope this book makes her rich.

• Members
On 8/11/2018 at 1:04 AM, TotallyOz said:

I knew he was a racist. I didn't need Omarosa to tell me.

Ain't that the truth.

his supporters will say she is out for money.

She's learned from a master greed-Jedi.

that does not mean everything she says is untrue.

Perhaps. But what serious value is information that comes from someone so discredited and opportunist? And here lies one of the leading problems with a country run by trolls. Trumpism. None of these clowns can be trusted. Period.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:00 PM, TotallyOz said:

I did read that a tape was released by her of one recording.  Do you think there were others?

So far we've heard two recordings. She claimed in interviews yesterday that she holds a "treasure trove of multimedia backup." I do love that line, especially with its delicious tone of Reality Star venom. She's out-Trumping Trump. Serves him right. He created her and then hired her for his White House administration. "I only hire the best people!" What a troll. None of this dysfunctional carnival is good for the country. I can't wait until the Orange Orangutan is history.

• Members
3 hours ago, RA1 said:

What?  You don't believe in style over substance?

If the question was directed at me, I tend to demand both. However, in politics, or in "service" to our country, I can be more lenient.

Most people aren't born as style-makers. Having style is mostly an acquired talent. And if an aspiring leader never finds a way to acquire it, then one needs to be able to afford to hire someone who specializes in it, and then keep those expenses/tutoring on the down-low. Unfortunately, the incompetents at the RNC could not keep their Sarah Palin purchases/crash course a secret. But Palin added to her own demise.

At the very least, Omarosa gave great TV. She looked flawless. Not a single nap in her freshly conked hair. And it's been pouring rain in NYC this week. My RGB monitor could not handle her color-popping clothing choices. I needed to wear sunglasses for viewing. Her answers to hard questions were more direct and succinct than any Avenatti interview I've seen. This famous Black woman from Reality TV served up a lot of shiny polish. Most book authors wish their book launches could sparkle so brightly.

• Members

The shit's gonna hit the fan now.

"When you give a crazed, crying lowlife a break, and give her a job at the White House, I guess it just didn't work out. Good work by General Kelly for quickly firing that dog!"

A new low. I have no idea how Trump survives calling a well-known Black woman, a former so-called friend/employee, a "dog." The orange orangutan needs to go. In disgrace. It needs to be over.

• Members
57 minutes ago, MsGuy said:

Trump aint going gentle into that good night.

Probably not. He'll call anyone and any group who stands against him "rigged." But the electorate is growing tired and weary over this drama queen troll. A celebrity troll has a limited amount of time stay on top when he continually behaves deranged.

This is the American Government and not The Apprentice. But, Trump has made it a reality show. I wish he would just not tweet at all. But, he can't stop himself. And, those that support him don't want him to. They believe his demented tweets and lies.

RH: I hope the electorate does grow weary of him. But, I hope they grow weary enough to get off their ass and vote!