Riobard

Paraty, RJ

• Members

Bus to Paraty, 7.5 hours including two 25 minute snack breaks, a little bit of construction delay, slower and winding but pretty views once reaching the coastal mountains. R$85. Best to sit on the right side for views (departing SP).

Apparently getting to Rio will be much faster. 

These flip-down calf rests are new to me. The fellow across the aisle reps the incline fairly well.

IMG_5360.JPG

IMG_4900.PNG

IMG_4901.PNG

IMG_4902.PNG

IMG_5365.PNG

• Members

So, food comes from the grocery store?  Even vegans have to realize that plants react to being killed.  Survival of the fittest.  

Of course I do not enjoy killing anything.  I hunted game as a young man but gave it up years ago, but I realize that animals (and plants) offer their lives so that we can survive or so I think.

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

I will post some Paraty pics soon. But the excitement today was going into Rio by bus. About 45 minutes out, the bus stopped, the driver quickly said something and everybody started lying down on the floor out of line of the windows. Must have been an alert related to some action between the good guys and bad guys. After about 15 minutes the bus carried on and we all got back into our seats. 

The trip was 4.75 hours, about 75 reais. Beautiful scenery combining the Serra do Mar rainforested range and the jagged coastline down below with seemingly endless coves and offshore islets. 

• Members
3 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

Because you can’t see that Riobard’s text is just a silly joke to introduce his pictures, not actually asking for  comment on the pros and cons of killing cute animals to eat them. 

That discussion is is for another forum altogether. 

Thanks for the reply.  So, you don't think my post was tongue in cheek?

Best regards,

RA1